Indian Special Forces

Nightshade1992

Country flag
great, wish you and Maj Avinash atb for future endeavors.
Also, if you may give any insights to the recent 9 para sf encounter regarding equipment/tactics, if you have any info.
I do have info but can't discuss it yet. Some info are true while some are complete false. Maybe in coming weeks I will post a detailed info about it here.

Aspirant847

Country flag
Ya i know the background of it and to be honest the forest is not so highly dense as it is claimed.

Rushing 10 men in 2 teams and the stratergy of waiting for first light to start didnt work in our favour.

The terrorists have claimed that the Para SF faught really well.. and so did the police Director General.

So i have good reason to belive that explosives were used for distraction or for taking down the Scout but after that they had a long firefight.

None of the operators killed seem to be wearing any helmet in the pics released by the terrorists.

Major rank officer used like a new LT is questionable.

But lets brace for impact because after all units being converted into SF we are gonna get used to such masterclass pretty regularly.
Where have they released the pics, can't seem to find them anywhere

ManhattanProject

Country flag
I know of similar canon fodder encounters..

My bestie in RR told me they went on encounter once which had terrorist hidden in caves.

Para SF operators made their own team even though the order was to have a mix of RR and Para guys.

Anyway, after locating the hideout Para SF decided to charge the hideout in broad daylight.

2 operators .. the leading one.. were both hit in the head.. The tactics was changed then.
Reminds me of a scene from " The Other Guys" movie. We can do anything attitude is good, but looks like the Para sf just got brainwashed into thinking that and have lost common sense.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Reminds me of a scene from " The Other Guys" movie. We can do anything attitude is good, but looks like the Para sf just got brainwashed into thinking that and have lost common sense.
The problem with which is you gave masala to idiots who havent seen life...

Now a video is released where it can be seen terrorists going and checking if all 5 para SF operators are dead.. and if not shooting them from the recent encounter.

Which is combat.. but the teenos who havent seen life will get butt hurt.. ki para sf k sath aiysaaa

That is why i said on that day itself when the good old major said.. mein nanga ja ka seal ko mar dunga.. that such people are doing no good.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
The problem with which is you gave masala to idiots who havent seen life...

Now a video is released where it can be seen terrorists going and checking if all 5 para SF operators are dead.. and if not shooting them from the recent encounter.

Which is combat.. but the teenos who havent seen life will get butt hurt.. ki para sf k sath aiysaaa

That is why i said on that day itself when the good old major said.. mein nanga ja ka seal ko mar dunga.. that such people are doing no good.
I am sorry 5- 9 para fucking sf operators lost with not even a single terrorist scratched.

Change our role models and grow.

We fucking need equipment and tactics change.

JConline

Country flag
I am sorry 5- 9 para fucking sf operators lost with not even a single terrorist scratched.

Absolutely true.

9 Para SF have an almost legendary status in Para SF. They are supposed to be the most seasoned operators in jungle and mountainous warfare. And as someone claimed that none of the operators were wearing a helmet. What's the use of Team Wendy Exfil helmets if they aren't used? What's the use of thermal sights or NODs if they aren't used? If the best of the best in the Army isn't employing advanced tactics which would give them the upper hand, one can only imagine what an appalling state the rest of the army's tactics and strategic planning must be in. I don't wanna sound pessimistic and I'm not claiming that the operators weren't capable enough but to push such assets into such shoddy situations without proper gear and planning just seems like utter tomfoolery. I hope this loss rings alarm bells at the top. The gernails should compare and contrast the failure of Para SF vs the success of MARCOS in a similar op. We here know why MARCOS faired as well as they did, let's hope the gernails realize it too.

Jedi Operator

Country flag

US learnt just like this. Not that all of a sudden "Oh wow! Uncle Sam's got a billion dollars of his pockets let's get some equipment and gear". On October 23, 1983, a four-ton Mercedes truck passed through a Lebanese Army checkpoint and into the parking lot of the Beirut International Airport. Then it detonated—killing 243 American Marines who had been sent to Lebanon as part of a multinational peacekeeping force. The bomb that took out the Marine Battalion Landing Team headquarters in Beirut was the largest non-nuclear explosion in the history of warfare. And what did the US do, oh a day later it declared war on Grenada and in Beirut, they did nothing. They were just like us in the 80s. But alteast at one point of time they became serious. When they were attacked on their own soil, they took the fight to the enemy. With us, the case is, Indians being massacred in Fiji, Uganada and we ignore it. We try going out once in Sri Lanka and never again. We get attacked at home and dont respond. The thing is we never want to learn. I always wonder, what is it that could hurt us so badly that we change completely.

Kumaoni

This is reality how our Operators lost their lives after loosing 5 SF operator if Indian govt didn't do anything to Pakistan then humein chulu paani mein doob marna chahiye
Did u watch the video? AFAIK they only showed one dead operator and one clip of them firing

Kumaoni

Two were killed as per their own admission but then again two militants killed is nothing, unless these two militants were killed in another encounter.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Two were killed as per their own admission but then again two militants killed is nothing, unless these two militants were killed in another encounter.
The one i am talking about is in which 9-10 para sf operatives were ambushed and 5 are not with us. In that no terrorists were killed.. the one in which one terroist was shot is another place and 5 rr jawans killed is another place.

Kumaoni

The one i am talking about is in which 9-10 para sf operatives were ambushed and 5 are not with us. In that no terrorists were killed.. the one in which one terroist was shot is another place and 5 rr jawans killed is another place.
In the RR attack zero were killed in this one one terrorists was killed that’s it acc to Northern command twitter

Articles