Indian Special Forces

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Jazba
Mazhab
Imaan

Toh humara unse acha he...

Oh shit i am sounding like our narrow minded islamic extremist neighbours.

(Wars are won on technology, preparation and plan)
Ur absolutely right sir our sf is in bad shape and people got to accept it before people I would say even army has to accept it because according to some interviews we all have seen of veterans with all due respect to them and being greatful to them even they don't think something is wrong we need to do better in name of mordenisation all we have is some big cuts and few pcs and new flattops x95 that's it no new training no working on new tactics it's just sad

kaboom

Country flag

Man we aren't even in competition with them in terms of mordenisation we are way behind
PMCs can be very useful in modernization of our Sf as they can provide access to better training, exposure and equipment but in India buying a gun is nearly impossible forget about setting up a PMC.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Mate even in great US of A , those kind of entities(which I am referring to) have not been corporatized. They might have competitors in private sector. But its one area where as of now and in near future no Govt wants to relinquish its control. I shall refrain from further saying anything on this.

The move that you referred to is simply various Govts that have been eyeing that sweet well maintained cantonment areas in otherwise messy civic centres around them for so long. Most Cantts were way outside population centres. But with unplanned rapid growth some town and cities have grown beyond where cantt used to lie. Cants because of their upkeep and relatively planned layout, - can become really hot properties - this is something real estate sharks know. And all politicians want piece of actions on same.

All the talks of Galwan and knowing that defence budget is inadequate is leading to this decision is BS. Defence Capex deficit is recurring problem. To solve the issue one needs to generate means of sustained funding. One time real estate sales are no way to get you sustained funding. Even if Govt reaps windfall on fire sale, believe all money reaped from it will all go in some vote garnering social schemes.

If Govt was really serious about funding from utilizing real estate. The way would have been to allow military to lease those assets. And in turn whatever revenue they get from leasing - its sent into defence kitty.
The GoI since 2020 has been trying to reduce the non-essential manpower of the IA (even before then Parrikar was talking about cutting the fat) to improve the tooth to tail ratio.

reducing intake has gone some way to do this

I don’t believe the profits from a one time sale will ever go to the MoD’s accounts but this is another move to lean out the army and maintain only their essential duties. An army has no business running as a municipality. Cantonments were colonial measures to keep the native population under control, almost all of them predated 1947

all the luxuries and tangential benefits they enjoyed until now will have to be re-examined, the benchmark isn’t Pakistan and it’s fauj inc now. The PLA’s rapid mechanisation has to be countered

abingdonboy

Country flag

Man we aren't even in competition with them in terms of mordenisation we are way behind
Just wait for the ‘our men are more hardened’ bs to come along

chad Paras with bandannas wrapped around their head shouting commando are going to be easy targets for any military that actually cares about night fighting

AnantS

Country flag
An army has no business running as a municipality. Cantonments were colonial measures to keep the native population under control, almost all of them predated 1947
Believe me Army would be very much be required for this role in future too, the way internal threats have taken form in the form of mass response. I dont think that role shall no longer be needed. If anything they shall need to expand.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Believe me Army would be very much be required for this role in future too, the way internal threats have taken form in the form of mass response. I dont think that role shall no longer be needed. If anything they shall need to expand.
I don’t think so, again the trend has been to move the army away from internal security (handing over to CAPFs). Even in Kashmir the army doesn’t have that much of a presence in the urban centres

As far as internal security goes within 5 years there won’t be much an army unit can offer over a CAPF/CRPF one

AnantS

Country flag
I don’t think so, again the trend has been to move the army away from internal security (handing over to CAPFs). Even in Kashmir the army doesn’t have that much of a presence in the urban centres

As far as internal security goes within 5 years there won’t be much an army unit can offer over a CAPF/CRPF one
Thats sad thing.. lets take this topic elsewhere. India's enemies are using and shall be using .5 front within to the hilt before opening any hostilities. The subfurtage done 80 years back shall now become hot potato in the plate. Any way its all OT

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Just wait for the ‘our men are more hardened’ bs to come along

chad Paras with bandannas wrapped around their head shouting commando are going to be easy targets for any military that actually cares about night fighting
Bhai no need to wait go see Twitter and telegram groups or yt comments

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Articles