Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
What kind of vest is that? PC? Also, SWEET LORD, UNIFORMITY? That's a Christmas miracle no less.
Standard FLC over a crappy BPJ

and what uniformity? 1 squad and there’s 3-5 different camo patterns, 3 different types of helmets and >3 different types of shoes (including one guy in regular sneakers)

take away the helmets and nothing has changed for these guys in literally 10 years

abingdonboy

Country flag
This pic is from 2011, aside from ditching the patka (even then not all SF units have) what has changed?

60FE1131-3FCC-4203-93E3-EDAE730D53EE.jpeg

by comparison the Iraqi SF was raised, trained and deployed as a top tier (CT) unit within 5 years (yes yes with handholding by Western SOF but are we not constantly told Indian SF are on par with them?)

EternalNxg

Country flag
I have to ask, how are para SF officers who go on ops structured? Like how is the company formed and for example what if there's a captain and Major on the same op what if there's a lt col on the same op to?? How do they structure themselves?? How does COC work during an op?

Dom the Dumb

Country flag
This pic is from 2011, aside from ditching the patka (even then not all SF units have) what has changed?

View attachment 187586

by comparison the Iraqi SF was raised, trained and deployed as a top tier (CT) unit within 5 years (yes yes with handholding by Western SOF but are we not constantly told Indian SF are on par with them?)
Just accept that apart from 4 and 9 no other Para unit will ever actually be SF and move on.

Imo let's just talk about MARCOS now lmao /s

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Just accept that apart from 4 and 9 no other Para unit will ever actually be SF and move on.

Imo let's just talk about MARCOS now lmao /s
well
1 hasn't compromised on the standards, remember Maj Sushant saying in that beer biceps interview "Our unit has a sanction for 40 officers and only 14 are their"
Compare that to an article by Lt Gen PC Katoch he says that till 21 and 2 standards were still good but when 3 and 4 were raised standards started getting diluted to get the numbers.
As for 4, I think they got an uplift after the 2016 direct action raids in PoK. So they are getting better. 9 was in Sierra Leone too, guiding 2 in operations. Just like Brig SS Shekhawat was in 9 and when 21 was created he came their. Same with Maj Jacob when posted to 11. 11 is also good I think theirs this photo two years prior where they had all the best physical performances airborne and SF and 11 and 9 got most of it. I think the army should've stopped this nonsense long ago. But it carried on....Paltan bazi and maroon bazi - they never got rid of.
At most, I'm still in for a SFR with 1, 9 & 10. Maybe keep 4 and 21 as reserve or something idk. This should function like a proper SMU. But things wont happen magically. Additionally have Para guys on deputation like it happens in UK's SFSG and make a support group or rangers kind of thing. The mess has been created so large that it fill take huge effort to fix it. The first major effort is to realize the mistake. That hits their ego hard.

Jedi Operator

Country flag

Look at this, MARSOC takes pride that they're marines. Make a unit like that. Make it operationally similar to SFSG which takes in Paras and Marines on deputation. Remove 9, 1 and 10 from the Parachute Regiment. Let them be the Special Forces Regiment. Have some of your recent battalions in airborne (did I say airborne) convert to air assault, since we have none of that helicopter cavalry shit like the US. Make a PARSOC or SFSG kind of a thing (Did I actually said that! )
Let SFR be the SMU unit within the army and let that PARSOC kind of a thing be like tier 2. But to use that kind of a brain you need to inhale caffeine and drink some air. Our army got none of that

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
Why is he wearing a track pant? Do the army not give them enough pair of pants?
View attachment 187669
my guess is that he's wearing all that casual stuff since he probably thought it was an emergency leading him to just use whatever was near his vicinity but then again the left dude is wearing full camo so it likely comes down to the individual

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
my guess is that he's wearing all that casual stuff since he probably thought it was an emergency leading him to just use whatever was near his vicinity but then again the left dude is wearing full camo so it likely comes down to the individual
The apparel, unless constrictive is a non issue
Have seen operators with Kit over their casual wear all the time, that too in an urban setting

Good kit + Good weapon profile is important
And more importantly the combat boots

If you're into running, you'll know the importance of good footwear, expensive, but worth the money

Articles