Indian Special Forces

Jedi Operator

Country flag
What is going on?
Screenshot (5772).png

What is this a fancy dress competition ?

One has a floppy hat on and a mask to protect against covid?
Another is a purple Teletubbie who felt the need to wear a ghillie suit like an arabian headscarf and sunglasses
Then we have one at the top, he didnt buy masks, instead he raised his undershirt to cover his face and then we have someone in old school Indian Commando mentality.....black face paint on and headscarf

Last edited:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Even when you assume the worst it’s worse than that always with the Indian mil

man these guys are stuck in the 1980s, how utterly out of touch with realty are they? They don’t think plate Tech has moved on at all in the last 30 years?

Pity the grunts issued this sh!t who have to run into battle exhausted before they’ve even fired a single shot.

everyone is moving to mobility and lower profile and IA as usual are doing the exact opposite. Why not bring back chain mail and suits of armour geniuses?
Outdated,not easy to carry plus over the time it will get loosen and will literally fell off..at the time of wearing the plates will give protection from collar bone to waist. After sometime it will fall off below the nipples and on the brightside it will give level-3 protection to your peepie😀

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
I have no idea why India is suddenly obsessed with UCP long since it was ridiculed and withdrawn out of service from its developer’s nation. it works somewhat for MARCOs in their naval ops

given that the IAF has very little manpower that will ever see ground combat I guess it’s a bit irrelevant and the Garuds are unlikely to adopt this anyway so it’s all a bit moot. It does show once again how lost Indian senior leadership is- these kind of PR stunts that they can talk up during their high profile events (same thing with their women talking points of recent years) meanwhile their actual mission is falling apart

IAF’s generals should be losing sleep over the state of their squadron strength instead they are going to speak about ‘new’ uniforms and MRFA- both of which won’t contribute a single item to the issue.
Speaking realistically, this not too bad .
IAF has requirement for development of "Ground Applications" since their work is mostly limited to the airbases + they got much less to equip . About 90% of their work is in an urban military installation . I doubt Garuds will ever adopt this . As seen in the case of army and navy , SOF never follow the official patterns . Plus Garuds are happy with their new recently selected camo .

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Outdated,not easy to carry plus over the time it will get loosen and will literally fell off..at the time of wearing the plates will give protection from collar bone to waist. After sometime it will fall off below the nipples and on the brightside it will give level-3 protection to your peepie😀
You really think Garuds would select something that bad . They've standardized plate carriers for quite some time . And TASL bpj that has been posted is years old . Tata has changed since then , I'm sure they have lightweight plate carriers for sale

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
you sure bud? they made this tweet 3 hours ago.
References dude.
I can use a reference pic which was shot 10 months ago for the press to represent something. Just like before the army decided to change about their uniform everyone fetched references from the Indian MTP variant and Troop Comforts Limited flecktarn inspired camo . But instead they went with the OEM NIFT design

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
View attachment 174781

What is this a fancy dress competition ?

One has a floppy hat on and a mask to protect against covid?
Another is a purple Teletubbie who felt the need to wear a ghillie suit like an arabian headscarf and sunglasses
Then we have one at the top, he didnt buy masks, instead he raised his undershirt to cover his face and then we have someone in old school Indian Commando mentality.....black face paint on and headscarf
commando-comando.gif

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
you sure bud? they made this tweet 3 hours ago.
Sorry i was referring to this type of BPJs designs in general.Not this particular type.Such massive things are not at all good if you are in mountains or deep jungles with steep gradients.The weight will bog you down.The new minimal plate carriers are the most suited ones for mobility.Though i never wore the ones with collar type things to protect the neck,men who tested it said with all those shit you will be moving like robots in dense forests.You couldnt even turn your neck properly sometimes.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles