Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
So i saw the podcast, nothing about SG. Understandable. But you ask an SF veteran this:
"Veg Khana Mil Jata hei Jungle mei?"
Ssly ye Ranveer Allahbadia kessa admi hei yaar:creepy:

If you want to see a podcast about Indian SF see this:

He talks about his sniper position vs Israeli sniper position....honestly he is right. I have seen American and Brits having the same way. He also says he was the only one to hit a target at 900 meters. So Major Avinash said we have marksmen who can shoot at 800mt but sniping is actually firing beyond 800 meters, So i assume that we have a real sniper here. Also he talks his time with naval intelligence and being trained to keep a cover Identity. If MARCOS has it's snipers doing clandestine reconnaissance, like he said that in one deployment he spent the entire time disguised as a militant. That seems some DEVGRU Black Squadron worthy stuff at a desi sasta level.
Stop trying to create exact comparisons with Western units. That’s fine for tactics and equipment but it doesn’t work between unit mandates. DEVGRU have a very very different set of priorities and support to anything India has and specifically MARCOs.

what someone does once is not the same as a unit having that capability/mandate

as said above- the talent is there but it’s not put to use. You can have all the ingredients of a dish but it takes a clear recipe to make it work

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Stop trying to create exact comparisons with Western units. That’s fine for tactics and equipment but it doesn’t work between unit mandates. DEVGRU have a very very different set of priorities and support to anything India has and specifically MARCOs.

what someone does once is not the same as a unit having that capability/mandate

as said above- the talent is there but it’s not put to use. You can have all the ingredients of a dish but it takes a clear recipe to make it work
Agreed. I was thinking something similar

JConline

Country flag
What type of bpjs do tasl make
Found this photo. Hopefully it's not the 1st, 2nd or 4th ones. But then again if we know anything about the Indian Armed Forces then theoretical capability is more important than ease of use.
images.jpeg

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Future military boot criticism - is that a thread?
Its one of my favourite topics of critism of Indian military planning and procurement.

Last shoe was designed before world war.

When people come here and criticise the soldiers for wearing 10 different camo and shoes they dont realise it is all a fault of the leadership in the first place.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Even when you assume the worst it’s worse than that always with the Indian mil

man these guys are stuck in the 1980s, how utterly out of touch with realty are they? They don’t think plate Tech has moved on at all in the last 30 years?

Pity the grunts issued this sh!t who have to run into battle exhausted before they’ve even fired a single shot.

everyone is moving to mobility and lower profile and IA as usual are doing the exact opposite. Why not bring back chain mail and suits of armour geniuses?

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Its one of my favourite topics of critism of Indian military planning and procurement.

Last shoe was designed before world war.

When people come here and criticise the soldiers for wearing 10 different camo and shoes they dont realise it is all a fault of the leadership in the first place.
Yeah, even Major Sushant said in his interview that when he had gone to the US for joint training, all he wanted to buy was a good pair of boots.

Jedi Operator

Country flag
Ok so seems like MARCOS have a very good, well planned course unlike Para SF or even Garuds

First they pass physical and medical screening
Then do a 2 week indoctrination workup followed by 1 week of preliminary selection
This is followed by 10-12 weeks of combat diving course, which has replaced the earlier clearance diving course for good, I think this distinction was needed. You can see Major Avinash's interview on military mantra, the course is same for Para SF & MARCOS, except MARCOS do it in the first phase.
Then 10 weeks of Land & Amphibious phase, which I am told is like a combination of BUD/S 1st and 3rd Phase. Again fair enough. Hell week is during this phase.
Lastly 10 weeks of Special Weapons & Tactics Phase which is based on UK SF's continuation training in Jungle & Survival.
Total duration of course is about 7-8 months.
Also the strength of MARCOS is way less than I thought. Instead of the usual figure of 2000, it is only as large as a single Para SF battalion. Now it's an equally divided strength between eastern and western unit. The figures of INS Karna were I think foolishly posted here: https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...ommandos-unit-‘INS-Karna’/article14485015.ece

jai jaganath

Country flag
Even when you assume the worst it’s worse than that always with the Indian mil

man these guys are stuck in the 1980s, how utterly out of touch with realty are they? They don’t think plate Tech has moved on at all in the last 30 years?

Pity the grunts issued this sh!t who have to run into battle exhausted before they’ve even fired a single shot.

everyone is moving to mobility and lower profile and IA as usual are doing the exact opposite. Why not bring back chain mail and suits of armour geniuses?
Why do such abominations are made in our nation

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles