Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
It can be said that Indian Military is biased for its own units and it shows in every thing they do.

Sometimes i feel the whole concept of regiment or unit is too much passionate even to the extent of being a liability and is very "aboriginal" in nature.
I’ve never served in the military but I understand the value in having group identities that you prescribe to and have favour for. It is a well understood phenomenon that if team members feel part of an organisation that represent their identity they perform better. It’s inspired plenty of acts of bravery in the Indian army.

that said, the entire Indian military is far too insular and myopic. Just look at the entire Apache helicopter debacle

there’s plenty of operational examples of it too- why have NSG never been allowed to operate in the JK AO even though they are more suited to the kind of hostage Ops that PARAs have got slaughtered doing? similarly the nonsense that came after Pathankot from Retired IA officers who were quick to claim that the job should’ve been left to the co-located infantry units (lol)

abingdonboy

Country flag

The Indian express article has now been taken down
It’s more likely they are being foreword deployed ok case they are needed. Maybe an over eager reporter because afaik these kind of things have been common place for a long time now (foreword deploying NSG units) in case of a HR in the naxal belt. That’s their mandate end of story.

Kumaoni

It’s more likely they are being foreword deployed ok case they are needed. Maybe an over eager reporter because afaik these kind of things have been common place for a long time now (foreword deploying NSG units) in case of a HR in the naxal belt. That’s their mandate end of story.
This WLVN analaysis guy is an over eager reporter

abingdonboy

Country flag
Considering these it’s go on JK deployments it’s strange to be so eager to show their faces and even reveal their names (big name tags) especially as we know Indian military members are very active on social media. It’s a bad mix and poor OpSec. I won’t go into the implications.

rkhanna

Country flag
Cos it doesn't look cool for the camera [i.e for the morons who lap this up] otherwise. Those won't be their real tactics lmao (I hope)
The rotation i have seen before. ( Not new - but don't know if it's the best technique today). The logic of the rotation is economy of motion and is to be used in passages for 2 man formations.

Do not know if any of what I have said above holds water

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
I wonder how they hold up against sea water.
During the 1984 pistol trials eight companies submitted pistols for evaluation; the military used the 1911 as the “control” group as a standard for comparison. The testing protocol included reliability tests, a salt water corrosion test, mud and sand tests, a total service life test, and a firing pin energy test. The Beretta absolutely wiped the floor with the 1911 during these tests. It wasn’t even close. The military crunched the numbers and determined that if the 1911 had to fire a 30 round fire mission under field conditions, it only had an 82% chance of completing the mission without a failure of some kind. The Beretta could do it 98% of the time.

The MP5 is pure kraut magic hence should have no issues either.