Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
Trust me bro these equipment’s are all in our arsenal too.its not shown to the media and is only digged up when the right time comes
Firstly what’s the point in having it in limited quantities and not in use?

secondly having a few high cut helmets is not the same as what these guys are displaying. No unit in india has shown they know how to kit- out a helmet like that or has proper medic packs. It’s the little things that make a big difference.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Contradicting yourself twice? As per you, we don't have SF only good infantry at best, secondly as per you they were never on par with contemporaries.
Where’s the contradiction? Once upon a time Indian SOFs were on par with their contemporaries in Asia and not a million miles away from the Western ones. In the last 30-40 years this has changed completely and the gap has widened between them all

and yes,no true SOF exists in India, I stand by it- even the IA is admitting as much these days

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Firstly what’s the point in having it in limited quantities and not in use?

secondly having a few high cut helmets is not the same as what these guys are displaying. No unit in india has shown they know how to kit- out a helmet like that or has proper medic packs. It’s the little things that make a big difference.
Bro sarcasm tha😖😖😖.
Me too belongs to gucci gang though inhabe a slight affinity towards Aks😂

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
This is our super intelligence index.. Thatswhy i say quality of officers have gone down.

Is the BSF still sending men on camels for patrol? If they are doing it still then whats wrong in mounting an mg over the camel intended for patrolling?
I know there are ATVs which could be used for such roles

rkhanna

Country flag
Is the BSF still sending men on camels for patrol? If they are doing it still then whats wrong in mounting an mg over the camel intended for patrolling?
I know there are ATVs which could be used for such roles
The Camel is silent , can travel long distances and does not break down or need petrol and can carry decent loads. And it is incredibly fast Its perfect for desert patrol.

The MMG on the camel brings into question the training of the animal when hot lead is booming over head. Recoil or Getting burnt from shells and freaking out etc etc

Basically it could end up in a good old fashioned circus. Firing a rifle is different from that thing from an MMG.

Don't understand the wisdom of that picture

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
The Camel is silent , can travel long distances and does not break down or need petrol and can carry decent loads. And it is incredibly fast Its perfect for desert patrol.

The MMG on the camel brings into question the training of the animal when hot lead is booming over head. Recoil or Getting burnt from shells and freaking out etc etc

Basically it could end up in a good old fashioned circus. Firing a rifle is different from that thing from an MMG.

Thanks for highlighting the issue of recoil and burnt cases.I didn’t taken into consideration of that.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

The cartoon who put this idea needs to be put in a court for animal torture.

Have you seen the MMG fire and how the earth tremors.. the impact of sound.

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
I know you're all gear whores :), that MARCOS has Mustang survival side pouch PFDs..pricey.
Awesome work. For years I’ve been trying to figure out what those things are, I had come to the conclusion they were radio sets

I guess all their money is going on those things because they aren’t going on helmets (why the heck are they still using PASGTs?), uniforms (one guy is wearing a combat shirt, another is wearing a regular blouse, another a blouse in a different camo plus still no integrated knee pads just those horrific skater knee pads), boots (again just 4 guys but 2-3 different boots) etc etc. and MARCOs are meant to be the most uniform and standardised guys.

this is why it’s hard to get excited when you see MALABAR and RIMPAC with all the guys wearing their most high speed stuff. As usual Indian military is posing for the cameras and the guys on the frontlines get the scraps. How are they not able to issue even the same uniforms and boots? These services gobble up billions and these are the results?

Sourajit Dutta

Country flag
they aren’t going on helmets (why the heck are they still using PASGTs?), uniforms (one guy is wearing a combat shirt,
that guy seems to be VBSS (helmet, camo, etc.)
As usual Indian military is posing for the cameras and the guys on the frontlines get the scraps
INS Tarkash has been mission deployed for quite a few months now if I'm not wrong, hard to standardize equally for base & ship deployed. imho, give some time, for each ship to return & then get deployed, then we can judge.
How are they not able to issue even the same uniforms and boots?
Most of boots are individual purchase, std issue one, I haven't been able to identify manufacturer yet