Indian Special Forces

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
If I’m not mistaken @Johny_Baba spoke about this issue in the Small Arms thread, when pictures emerged where soldiers were tying cloth on the hand guard due to it being very cold in those freezing temperatures and lack of gloves being provided by the Army.
Yes i did, just put info given by 🔨 🦈 sir back then

Immanuel

Country flag
So they are our most elite force against China
Ok saying more will invite scolding
Better nothing to say after this pic
Those Greys are from years of service in some of the most extreme terrain while being masters in guerilla, jungle warfare, don't let their malnourished, rag tag militia look fool you. I'll bet all my life savings on those guys in combat. This is hardly operational kit, they're just strolling around. Those older guys can take off one nut surgically without the other nut knowing.

Kumaoni

Aree bhai, there is a fine line b/w discussing on topics that u are unaware of and asserting ur opinion blindly without any proof/evidence to back your claims. All I saw was making fun and disrespect of the armed forces leadership cuz for some cod fanbois they can't have their ego satisfied when they compare Indian SF and gora SF. Aaj teri field ke baare mein ulta sidha bolne lganga ki ur field is trash and that u know nothing of ur field, I am sure u wouldn't like it. Aur agar tereko lg rha hai ki what he said is 100% true, then provide source or some solid evidence to back his claim.
I am sure if I start shittalking the gora SF here, there would be so many butthurt mf cuz being a brown sepoy is still a thing apparently
People on another thread literally posted an article in which Pakistan claimed that Indian commandos crossed the LoC to kill civilians, in order to defend British SAS lol

Kumaoni

They (Ukranians) have. And they have done pretty decently.
Locking yourself up in a city against an aggressor nation, then reoccupying territories from that front when said aggressor nation voluntarily withdraws from it, is very very good I assume

rkhanna

Country flag
I loterally called Russia the aggressor nation. Just because I have a level of respect for Russian history doesn’t mean I like Putin.
SOFREP has a few good accounts from ex us SOF guys who are fighting in Ukraine alongside Ukranian SOF. Suggesting finding and reading those.

The Russians didn't voluntarily do squat. But noneof it is for this thread.

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
But sir
They are one of the most elite force in India
But their state is very poor although they can be very experienced
Afterall they are human beings like us they need protection, ability to see at night, ability and utility to communicate from long distance with no jamming, etc.
Modern equipment provide you Edge over your Adversary Simple as that But People don't understand. We always talking about modern Rifles, helmets, Nvg and PCs anyone knows about the SF medic equipment if anyone knows about it Share your knowledge

abingdonboy

Country flag
Showcases the problem

This is a law enforcement job, thrusting SF into this decade after decade has had its impact.

this job should 100% be done by JKP and CAPFs, is there any reason on earth why CRPF QATs cannot be trained in urban combat up to the same standards as PARA SF? They already have comparable equipment

and for the most high risk and prominent interventions why the hell are they not allowing NSG to fulfil their mandate? A terror attack/hostage rescue op in any other part of India would involve NSG, because this is the Indian army’s backyard they absolutely refuse to let NSG have anything but a training role in the valley.

Anyway the die is cast

OFBkaRakhwala

Country flag
Showcases the problem

This is a law enforcement job, thrusting SF into this decade after decade has had its impact.

this job should 100% be done by JKP and CAPFs, is there any reason on earth why CRPF QATs cannot be trained in urban combat up to the same standards as PARA SF? They already have comparable equipment

and for the most high risk and prominent interventions why the hell are they not allowing NSG to fulfil their mandate? A terror attack/hostage rescue op in any other part of India would involve NSG, because this is the Indian army’s backyard they absolutely refuse to let NSG have anything but a training role in the valley.

Anyway the die is cast
Slowly the CRPF and JKP have been taking more of a leading role, you don't expect it to be done in a snap of a finger especially not if army has 60k men there for that role l. The transition would be long but smooth.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Guys,

Please quote the post and counter it there.

I see some members repeatedly mention a post which they didnt counter to blame someone else for posting it to favour their own agenda and do bitching.

Why wouldnt you tag and reply the post and counter it right there instead of coming up with things like..."in another thread".."a senior member".."Foreign SF fans"..

Tag and reply the damn post goddammit.

Articles