Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

12arya

Country flag
To be fair, General Rawat did (is) bring about transformation in this sphere: He does think about the Army as a whole and has initiated many transformations. But for some reason SF capabilities are still lacking. Either despite his best efforts or maybe his own apathy towards SF is to be blamed.
I wonder if we'll ever see a Para SF officer as Chief of Army Staff.
yes, I too admire the man; he did bring in a lot of change which I appreciate.

but bro, if BIRA, despite being CDS, is unable to bring in a change abt how SF is perceived within the army & employed, and is still is unable to establish an SF regiment which is a basic thing, then let's call it a failure!
it's his job to look out for those guys. he has all the power.

we can't blame politicians for yoking SF with paratroopers; it was done, my army seniors. where else on planet earth has army SF forcibly yoked to paratroopers?
I cannot remember who said it: lt gen katoch or lt gen lidder; but 1 of them did say why US and UK and other countries topped sending their elite SF guys to India- it was the result of paratroopers diverting US SF to train with them instead of actual SF in the 2000s or late '90s!!! yup, they actually did this:frusty:

the airborne guys did this just to show the army higher-ups to allow them to wear SF tab and to get SF allowance and that they r equal to real SF! this is the level of criminality done in the name of turf wars. Imagine the loss the real SF suffered due to this action! THIS MUST STOP.

it's shameful that this is still happening, in 2020! it's clear lack of spine. if it's still going on, it's clearly the fault of both BIRA and COAS! they need to own it up and change as well.

Last edited:

Spindrift

We cannot expect modi or rajnath to know abt SF capabilities; its the job of military advisors to tell the PM what we can do and what it takes to do an OP! But no, our generals have more attachment to their parents units than the greater gud of entire army or SF.
Like every other sphere, jealousy and nepotism is the biggest issue. No body think abt the soldier at the border or behind enemy lines. Its frustrating. Hopefully, a change will happen.
Well, they need to take an initiative and learn about them. They have the resources and the security clearances. I mean people (civilians) here in this forum are doing that so why can't they.

12arya

Country flag
I wonder if we'll ever see a Para SF officer as Chief of Army Staff.
very distant dream bro. luk what they did to brig. shekhawat.

and both lt. generals, katoch and lidder came closest and u probably heard what happened to them-
yes, they were superseded :crazy:

Ever heard of such brilliant guys getting superseded anywhere else? And lidder was forced to work under his junior! They were humiliated thoroughly before they were retired.

Last edited:

Rambo101

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ok here's how much SF gear will cost for each guy one time with all the necessary equipments. You can add other 10k depending on rifle and other goodies you may want to add.

IMG_20201107_153949.jpg

IMG_20201107_154011.jpg

Total = 37,728 USD.

This is not by me though. I got it from some other site.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Ok here's how much SF gear will cost for each guy one time with all the necessary equipments. You can add other 10k depending on rifle and other goodies you may want to add.

View attachment 65753
View attachment 65751

Total = 37,728 USD.

This is not by me though. I got it from some other site.
This whole bunch costs ₹1,60,000 less than a Quad tube NVG lmao .

Rambo101

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Still ok considering USA spends $17,500 on its each Infantry Soldier.
How much our infantry modernization costing ?.
so if 70k is taken as a base line
I am going to add 10k more to be on the safe side , than that's 80*7000 = around 560 million USD to arm every para SF guy one time with top of the line gear. add ammo + other high tech weapons equipments + transport and cost is upward of 1 billion USD easily.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
I am going to add 10k more to be on the safe side , than that's 80*7000 = around 560 million USD to arm every para SF guy one time with top of the line gear. add ammo + other high tech weapons equipments + transport and cost is upward of 1 billion USD easily.
IAF can buy 12 Su-30 MKI for that cost bruh.

Killbot

Country flag
Not $70000. Remove quad tube NVGs. So about $40000 and maybe a few 100 quad tube NODs. Spend no more than $10M for the quad tubes. $300M should be enough. All that is needed is political will..

That is if every operator is given NVG. Not necessary. Not all of them will be doing night missions at the same time. So around 2000 Dual tube NODs should suffice. So, even lesser cost. Say about $250M

Rambo101

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Not $70000. Remove quad tube NVGs. So about $40000 and maybe a few 100 quad tube NODs. Spend no more than $10M for the quad tubes. $300M should be enough. All that is needed is political will..
Quad tube NVG is costing around 43k. Most of the equipment mentioned above already have there price increase due to inflation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles