Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkhanna

Country flag
Actually this pic is from Dec 2011, I posted this randomly in June. Admin @elite_guardians_of_india.
I thought these guys were Polish 1st SF Regt. Not GROM.??!! Any official release that these were GROM? Polish MOD press release at the time said Special Forces if I am not wrong.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Does anyone know which IR Pointers is being used by Indian SF as I have seen only Para SF using IR Pointers and that too with only M4A1 Carbines.

Killbot

Country flag
Does anyone know which IR Pointers is being used by Indian SF as I have seen only Para SF using IR Pointers and that too with only M4A1 Carbines.
They use AN/PEQ-2. Its from the early 2000s and is being replaced by PEQ 15s in western countries. But PEQ 2 isn't obsolete by any means. On Tavors, the ITL Mars and Mepro MOR reflex sights come with integral visible and IR lasers. But I'd like to see them use IR illuminators and normal flashlights on their guns. And cans.

Yper21

I thought these guys were Polish 1st SF Regt. Not GROM.??!! Any official release that these were GROM? Polish MOD press release at the time said Special Forces if I am not wrong.
Our MOD didn't release anything on the exercise we had with GROM in 2011.
Maybe the press release you're mentioning was about the exercise we had with Polish SF in 2013(Source: MOD).
Note: 2011 exercise was named Exercise Tiger Claw 1, JW GROM with 21 Para SF in CIJWS.
But the 2013 exercise was conducted at HAWS, Sonamarg.

rkhanna

Country flag
Our MOD didn't release anything on the exercise we had with GROM in 2011.
Maybe the press release you're mentioning was about the exercise we had with Polish SF in 2013(Source: MOD).
Note: 2011 exercise was named Exercise Tiger Claw 1, JW GROM with 21 Para SF in CIJWS.
But the 2013 exercise was conducted at HAWS, Sonamarg.
Yes I am referring to TC1 in 2011. I remember back the a polish mod PR that said SF. No mention of GROM.

Is there any mention of GROM anywhere or just Chinese whispers ?

Waanar

Country flag
now we are gonna trust 13 year olds with Twitter?
Lol, quad tube NODs by TI was LAUNCHED in Defexpo 2020. 🤣🤣 They weren't even making dual tubes in 2016.
Just clutching at straws here.
Stranger things have happened. It wouldn't be a stretch to... Say.... Have some units equipped with non standard issue quad nods. Recce troops or the like.

I know, I know, highly unlikely.
But I'm desparate.

rkhanna

Country flag
This is interesting. Came across this on tootar. These guys are relatives of active servicemen.
Thinking about it Rationally. It would take a year -1.5 years of training with quads to launch an op as 'complicated' as the SS. ( I.e running up and down those mountains with NVGs + the assault + the exful)

New kit is not plug and play

Killbot

Country flag
Thinking about it Rationally. It would take a year -1.5 years of training with quads to launch an op as 'complicated' as the SS. ( I.e running up and down those mountains with NVGs + the assault + the exful)

Said kit was nonexistent at that time.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I have read from this and also from various sources that we have ordered new helmets and there are chances of comtacs with it
Just asking ?

Killbot

Country flag

That is with good existing night fighting capability. Twice as much time if you have never used NODs with that kind of FoV.

Killbot

Country flag
Comtac are just the output. The input is new gen long range encrypted comms that do highspeed data transfer as well
Army is working on that ig. A single encrypted network. Not sure abt sf

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Just clutching at straws here.
Stranger things have happened. It wouldn't be a stretch to... Say.... Have some units equipped with non standard issue quad nods. Recce troops or the like.

I know, I know, highly unlikely.
But I'm desparate.
Bro please dont mind..lets for god sake have some logic.

Para uses Quads in SS and keeps them secret so they hide it..so no one knows..at the cost of own operators getting killed?

Are we talking about a SF unit or Indian mom hiding cookies for guests here?

ArgonPrime

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Bro Marcos is the most overrated Force in India.

Just because a 13 year old put them in the Top 5 Dangerous SF list on youtube everybody is going gaga over it.
Effect of watching too many Hollywood war flicks involving those damn 'Mar-hins'!!

They dont even conduct cross LOC raids which is the BREAD AND BUTTER of a Ghatak unit...and as per me one of the dangerous ops we do.
I hear that these Ghatak chaps have trashed the MARCOS in CIJWS and HAWS during training sessions on multiple occasions. Is there any truth to it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles