Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waanar

Country flag
So most workup excerises start with the basic so that would be fine. Being official footage it would be vague and out of context. There is no way this footage made it out without some ones okay. Looks like a nice propoganda piece vs china as well
Btw, can you recommend some good books on infantry drills, sir?
I've read US and some Russian manuals and understand their methods pretty well so anything varied would do.
Also, why is it called an Australian peel?

This is the first time I've seen this term being used to describe this maneuver.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Well sure. But for a bunch of guys who are should be shooting 300 rounds a week I would expect superior speed and accuracy while on the move than normal infamtry. Hence special forces right?

Ps these look to be work up drills before getting deployed. So one drill doesn't paint the full picture.

Second - this is at high altitude. Have no idea what these guys have been doing before the shooting drill or how fatigued they are.
Whats that going ballistic drill called where they were shooting like they saw Thanos.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
I didnt think while posting about the level of maturity of the readers of this thread before posting but i think many have not understood my point at all.

Firstly,unless and until you want to sit in a well and say All is Well you need to be updated about the happenings of the world.

For that you need to know Colonial bhasha which is accepted the world over as is their system of Army and ranks like Major or Colonel and the Indian Army insignia which also has English swords not Indian..Toh jab itna accept kar hi lia he toh angrezi accept karne ka kya dard maloom nhi.

Now if you dont know that will you be competent in handling your equipment?..Big Yes

But

Where will you be on a global level?..You will be where exactly the PLA is..substandard training and levels.

Then on your thing about technical knowledge or skill being important.

Sirji outside of the Army loading 155mm guns is not counted as a skill.

So once the soldier leaves the fauj he either becomes a truck driver or thoko salam to everyone who walks into a bank holding a dunali..thats the reality.

The Army should take care of the welfare of its troops post utilising them.

The only people who have a good life after military are all from technical backgrounds like Pilots,sailors,engineers or doctors or corporates all of who speak angrezi.

Topic close...if anyone has still not understood you can DM me.
I just wanted to ask that if Indian army conducts skill development programmes of some sort for junior ranks ?
I saw in news long time ago , that retired army men conducted such classes and helped integrating such soldiers in civilian life , even helped them to get jobs in Chennai probably.
Is it a standard procedure? Or the soldiers leave as it is sans any such help from army?

rkhanna

Country flag
Btw, can you recommend some good books on infantry drills, sir?
I've read US and some Russian manuals and understand their methods pretty well so anything varied would do.
Also, why is it called an Australian peel?

This is the first time I've seen this term being used to describe this maneuver.
Let me have alook athe books I have and will get back.

Aussie peel is what the Brits and the Canadians call it I think. Also called break contact drill / center peel

rkhanna

Country flag
I just wanted to ask that if Indian army conducts skill development programmes of some sort for junior ranks ?
I saw in news long time ago , that retired army men conducted such classes and helped integrating such soldiers in civilian life , even helped them to get jobs in Chennai probably.
Is it a standard procedure? Or the soldiers leave as it is sans any such help from army?
Recommend opening another thread on this. AFAIK the army doesn't have any such program post RTD. But a few NGOs in the country do. A number of corporates ( TATAs) also have some programs . Alot of ex Mil guys in the Tatas

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
This is the best Para-SF video compilation promo I have so far seen. It’s worth a watch:
Some scenes are from URI movie but that’s OK.
Good video bad music, Is that an MP7 in use by Para SF at the 2:48 mark ?

rkhanna

Country flag
Ex Special Force Soldier now doing security guard job of idiot political party leaders, that's the very sad news.

A thought crossed my mind today. Someone I know of Indian origin and lives in England (extremely wealthy) loves showing off his ex SAS driver/bodyguard. Mukesh Ambani personal (private) security detail is manned by a mix of Ex indian and Israeli SF /intel guys.

World over Arabs, celebrities etc hire ex Mil for private security. What's the big deal if one is working for a politican in India?

The only difference is probably pay scale comparables. So that comes down this this specific ex soldier and the opportunities he may or maynot have access too which is dependent on alot of factors .

Deathstar

Country flag
A thought crossed my mind today. Someone I know of Indian origin and lives in England (extremely wealthy) loves showing off his ex SAS driver/bodyguard. Mukesh Ambani personal (private) security detail is manned by a mix of Ex indian and Israeli SF /intel guys.

World over Arabs, celebrities etc hire ex Mil for private security. What's the big deal if one is working for a politican in India?

The only difference is probably pay scale comparables. So that comes down this this specific ex soldier and the opportunities he may or maynot have access too which is dependent on alot of factors .
I guarantee you ,a bodyguard of a politician in India earns more than anyone might think. These are the people they trust most

Killbot

Country flag
Old photo, but yeah!
BEL Passive NVG
Extensively used by Ghatak commandos
View attachment 62499
Night vision View of HAL dhruv
View attachment 62500

Might be replaced by Tonbo BNVD-P quad tube NVG. Hopefully
View attachment 62502
Not happening.. too expensive. Best you can hope for is the BNVD Dual tube and thats being optimistic.
Those are being replaced by arjuns though. But Arjun is a thermal NVG as opposed to image intensifier like BNVD & BEL NVG... So thats not exactly optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles