Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JConline

Country flag
Mate, in your First point, Are you seriously suggesting that certain parts of our country is a warzone? When infact major insurgency happens in heavily forested area where no VIP goes, with exception of J&K where insurgency happens in civilian urban areas, even there when a VIP goes its the local police and crpf who protects him not Military SFs. For eg, when NSA chief Ajit Doval after abrogation of article 370, he visited J&K, but I didn't see Military SFs protecting him, only local police.
In your 2nd point, "when you have already come to the conclusion that India is a warzone, hence Military SFs can be used" , then I have no words to argue that.
The final point is COAS, CDS are protected by Ghatak commandos not Para SFs, plus if I am not wrong I have never seen Para SF doing VIP security jobs!
Ah, yes completely forgot, the only VIP who goes to the insurgency hit areas in jungles are police IPS officers / District SPs, who are protected by District Armed Police
The COAS' bodyguard is a Para SF personnel. The security of the head of an establishment is the responsibility of that very establishment. And in a country where 26/11 has happened it would not be totally out of place to assess the threat to the life of a top military official even at Raisena hill. Also, even inside the US, the bodyguards of top military officials are Tier 2 SOF operators like Green Berets or Navy Seals. Also, these SOF security details aren't permanent detachments, these are deployed based on the AO. You claimed that the SRG of NSG and CISF are meant for these very jobs but you need to understand that these organizations are not military ones. The portfolio of these organizations falls beyond the barriers of the army until and unless required. And there's a stark difference in the categorisation of VIPs:
Military asset : guarded by military security details
Civilian asset/VIP : guarded by concerned police
Gov asset / VIP (Not entitled to permanent security) : CRPF/CISF
Gov asset /VIP (Entitled to permanent security) : CISF / CRPF bodyguard detail OR SPG detail
Departmental asset / VIP (Officials of CISF/CRPF/BSF) : Guarded by concerned organization.
All SF has done temporary bodyguard detail work within their AO not because that's their status but because they are the most capable of guarding the asset in the AO.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
The COAS' bodyguard is a Para SF personnel. The security of the head of an establishment is the responsibility of that very establishment. And in a country where 26/11 has happened it would not be totally out of place to assess the threat to the life of a top military official even at Raisena hill. Also, even inside the US, the bodyguards of top military officials are Tier 2 SOF operators like Green Berets or Navy Seals. Also, these SOF security details aren't permanent detachments, these are deployed based on the AO. You claimed that the SRG of NSG and CISF are meant for these very jobs but you need to understand that these organizations are not military ones. The portfolio of these organizations falls beyond the barriers of the army until and unless required. And there's a stark difference in the categorisation of VIPs:
Military asset : guarded by military security details
Civilian asset/VIP : guarded by concerned police
Gov asset / VIP (Not entitled to permanent security) : CRPF/CISF
Gov asset /VIP (Entitled to permanent security) : CISF / CRPF bodyguard detail OR SPG detail
Departmental asset / VIP (Officials of CISF/CRPF/BSF) : Guarded by concerned organization.
All SF has done temporary bodyguard detail work within their AO not because that's their status but because they are the most capable of guarding the asset in the AO.
This is what is was telling him that 90% of all VIP/VVIP Security cover is given by CISF/CRPF. But I am doubtfull about Para SF giving security cover to the CoAS, since I have never seen one.
Shocking thing is that even ITBP has VIP security groups, read this pdf
Screenshot_20201008_085448.jpg

Attachments

Waanar

Country flag
Mate, in your First point, Are you seriously suggesting that certain parts of our country is a warzone? When infact major insurgency happens in heavily forested area where no VIP goes, with exception of J&K where insurgency happens in civilian urban areas, even there when a VIP goes its the local police and crpf who protects him not Military SFs. For eg, when NSA chief Ajit Doval after abrogation of article 370, he visited J&K, but I didn't see Military SFs protecting him, only local police.
In your 2nd point, "when you have already come to the conclusion that India is a warzone, hence Military SFs can be used" , then I have no words to argue that.
The final point is COAS, CDS are protected by Ghatak commandos not Para SFs, plus if I am not wrong I have never seen Para SF doing VIP security jobs!
Ah, yes completely forgot, the only VIP who goes to the insurgency hit areas in jungles are police IPS officers / District SPs, who are protected by District Armed Police
There are "layers" of security and "close protection" is named because of it's role.
People plan for contingencies, and death of a VIP is a morale booster for the terrorists.
State Police's capability, training and alertness varies and no VIP will place their lives in their hands.
Let's not ignore the fact that in a situation requiring immediate, sudden or quiet movement, the only asset a VIP can rely on is the one from his own department because he has the authority to spare it for himself and not rely on another organization's generosity.

Also, if the only VIP who goes to jungle hit insurgency areas are police, do you suggest the entire North East military apparatus works without brigadiers and high rankers on the ground?

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
There are "layers" of security and "close protection" is named because of it's role.
People plan for contingencies, and death of a VIP is a morale booster for the terrorists.
State Police's capability, training and alertness varies and no VIP will place their lives in their hands.
Let's not ignore the fact that in a situation requiring immediate, sudden or quiet movement, the only asset a VIP can rely on is the one from his own department because he has the authority to spare it for himself and not rely on another organization's generosity.

Also, if the only VIP who goes to jungle hit insurgency areas are police, do you suggest the entire North East military apparatus works without brigadiers and high rankers on the ground?
Well, yeah about the North-Eastern insurgency, you have to know that it's Assam Rifles who fight majority of Insurgency in that region. Also to know the fact that AR is a paramilitary unit not capf and paramilitary units are always headed by military officers.
My previous point was for insurgency in Mainland India, which majority is done by capf and state police hence the reason why brought up that point.
But nevertheless, I got your point

mupper

Country flag
Also, even inside the US, the bodyguards of top military officials are Tier 2 SOF operators like Green Berets or Navy Seals.
Not quite accurate, Delta has been known to do CP for US Generals out and about...

General Miller with Sgt Maj Thomas Payne MOH....but I guess former Delta gets Delta levels of service...

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Not quite accurate, Delta has been known to do CP for US Generals out and about...

General Miller with Sgt Maj Thomas Payne MOH....but I guess former Delta gets Delta levels of service...
He said US military officials are protected by Tier 2 operators on US soil, not in Foriegn countries.
You can clearly see a Afgan ANA soldier in the background, probably this photo was taken in Afghanistan

mupper

Country flag
He said US military officials are protected by Tier 2 operators on US soil, not in Foriegn countries.
You can clearly see a Afgan ANA soldier in the background, probably this photo was taken in Afghanistan
Their CP (when needed) in the US is usually provided by the relevant branch LEA, so Navy Admirals etc get NCIS POFO SA, Army Generals get CID SA etc.
No idea why people think a GB etc would be doing that.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Their CP (when needed) in the US is usually provided by the relevant branch LEA, so Navy Admirals etc get NCIS POFO SA, Army Generals get CID SA etc.
No idea why people think a GB etc would be doing that.
Well,did you mean Navy NCIS Protective Operations Field Office and Army CID Special Agents? Yes, but they are part of Military Police in their respective departments and not active Tier 1/2 operatives in general. But few of them(key military officials and intelligence assets) do get Tier 2 operatives protecting them like Green Berets

abingdonboy

Country flag
IAF Garuds rehearsing their, get this "VIP Protection" during rehearsals for 88th Anniversary of IAF
View attachment 61937
Wow, VIP Protection carried out by one of the best SF in India?? No wonder foriegn SF don't send their best men to train with us and use us as deplomatic leverage!
No they don’t do VIP duties per se, for these events Garuds are deployed for CAT role, here they are just practicing that role in the context of a VIP extraction

not quite the pathetic level of the army where they have the COAS with a full time protection detail from PARA SF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles