Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkhanna

Country flag

GHATAK PLATOON COMMANDO 5TH GORKHA BATTALION
Last time we saw EXFIL helmet with Ambush team of 11th Gorkha Battalion
I will post more pics of Ghataks with EXFIL from 8th Gorkha Battalion in coming days
Sorry if this is a stupid question. Who is the manufacture ? Domestic or import ? Also for the gorkhas AFAIK these are being bought by commanders funds - any scope of a HQ Command wide implementation?

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Sorry if this is a stupid question. Who is the manufacture ? Domestic or import ? Also for the gorkhas AFAIK these are being bought by commanders funds - any scope of a HQ Command wide implementation?
Team Wendy USA is manufacturing them. Few Gorkha Battalions , Garhwal Rifles & few more teams posted along LOC have received Exfil helmets. It looks like corps commander level procurement to me. Due to winter season news segments along LOC posts are not being filmed. These news shows were the first to show new helmets. I guess we will have to wait till the next show.

rishivashista13

Country flag

SIG SAUER SG550 Sniper rifle in NSG with 2.5 × 10 Magnification Diavari-Z rail Scope. This is addition to already in service SG551 SB & LB , SG552 Commando , SG553 SB & LB/SOW variants of SG550 series.
Is it 7 62 Nato ?

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

mohitbhagat

Country flag
AFAIK the carbine order was to replace the Sterling SMG in service - officers / ghataks/ armored vehicle / close protection roles
Yeah exactly I know that. But got confused when they said 6.5 lakh Ak103 will be bought. So was wondering what will fulfill the carbine role. Now we know that its going to be car816

Maddy_9UY

Country flag
Yes that's what M saying, AK 103 will be used in Kashmir for CT purpose and Car 816 for CQB and room intervention purpose by special units. Both are different and can't replace each other. 7 62 Nato will be used as standard battle rifle.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk
From what i have read is that Ak-103 will be given to non front line forces like artillery, engineers and support units.

mohitbhagat

Country flag
Fab defense is the manufacturer which is a Israeli company. And yes these are bought from commanders fund. Till now there's no standardisation in optics. IA uses right from BEL optics to Eotech optics and from Tonbo optics to Trijicon.
Few months ago they did issued a tender for 16k thermal sights for ak47 and another 16k telescopic sights for rifles chambered in 7.62 nato

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles