Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkhanna

Country flag

21 PARA SF operative armed with M4A1 SOPMOD Block 1 with EOTech 512 Holographic Sight, AN/PEQ-2 Illuminator, M203 40mm Under Barrel Grenade Launcher and AC556 Surefire Suppressor.

PS - in other news - the Caracal Carbine order which had been held up has finally been greenlit.

Hopefully they get the Carbine in 10-11" barrels to go with the supressors

rkhanna

Country flag
Second confirmation from me, sir.

I am also hearing we may go for CAR 816s as standard issue and throw the AK103 deal back at the Russkies... they are begging for a "FUCK OFF"
Fingers crossed my man fingers crossed

itsme

Country flag

21 PARA SF operative armed with M4A1 SOPMOD Block 1 with EOTech 512 Holographic Sight, AN/PEQ-2 Illuminator, M203 40mm Under Barrel Grenade Launcher and AC556 Surefire Suppressor.

PS - in other news - the Caracal Carbine order which had been held up has finally been greenlit.

Definitely an improvement but why not block 2 why block 1? I really don't understand the mindset here, are they purposely trying to be behind the top SFs in terms of equipment?

mohitbhagat

Country flag

I hope they get a mix of 12" and 14.5" barrels, with majority being 14.5

mohitbhagat

Country flag

I am also hearing we may go for CAR 816s as standard issue and throw the AK103 deal back at the Russkies... they are begging for a "FUCK OFF"
I say let them come but only for the paramilitaries one last time

rishivashista13

Country flag

Sounds a peice of rumor to me. CAR 816 is a Carbine with different caliber from ak 103 both weapons are not comparable. We must be going for both as they will serve different purposes

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

mohitbhagat

Country flag
Sounds a peice of rumor to me. CAR 816 is a Carbine with different caliber from ak 103 both weapons are not comparable. We must be going for both as they will serve different purposes

Nobody wants 3 different calibers. Also entire army doesn't need Ak series rifles but only indulged in J&K. We can make do with ones which we already have. Also we can buy few thousands of them just for CT purpose

rishivashista13

Country flag
Nobody wants 3 different calibers. Also entire army doesn't need Ak series rifles but only indulged in J&K. We can make do with ones which we already have. Also we can buy few thousands of them just for CT purpose
Yes that's what M saying, AK 103 will be used in Kashmir for CT purpose and Car 816 for CQB and room intervention purpose by special units. Both are different and can't replace each other. 7 62 Nato will be used as standard battle rifle.

mohitbhagat

Country flag
Not just for SFs...
Yes that's what M saying, AK 103 will be used in Kashmir for CT purpose and Car 816 for CQB and room intervention purpose by special units. Both are different and can't replace each other. 7 62 Nato will be used as standard battle rifle.

By looking at the numbers of car816 being procured every 3rd person will be seen holding a carbine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles