Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag

sniper or mini gun would have come handy inside helicopter to take out hostile fire from the enemy while extraction from helicopter is going on.
IIRC the IA was looking at fixing a minigun to the ALHs.
The sky-diving team was led by Colonel Saurabh Singh Shekhawat, KC, SC, SM, VSM.
Col S S Shekhawat??
If you remember COL SS SHEKHAWAT is 21 PARA (SF) so no surprise there!

Nice Vid, Posted as requested..
Thanks buddy, glad you liked it!

--------------------------------------------------------
Scum hunting:

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
Hey did anyone notice one thing here apart from Cheetah? Look at the faces of many Commandos. I must not say this but many of them have heavy beards on their faces.
Is anyone thinking the same what I`m thinking right now? This pic is a strong cue and an evidence for what has been said about MARCOS. I wonder from where did you got these pics?
Its not Cheetah , its Indian Leopard . Cheetah in India got extinct in 1950'ssss due to over hunting for sport during Raj rule

Cheetah reintroduction in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SilentKiller

Country flag

abingdonboy

Country flag
If they put a simple FN-MAG, would be happy..
I 100% agree mate, the IA (and IAF), it seems, is yet fully come to the Western mantre of fitting MGs to cover every corner of the helo (where possible).

ie:

I really don't know why the Indian forces haven't come around to this way of thinking as of yet, it isn't a question of money but of doctrinal/mindset issues.

To be fair I remember watching a few vids where I have seen MGs (PKMs IIRC) mounted on the doors of IN Chetaks, I presume they are used for maritime interdiction duties.

But maybe the Indian military is changing their outlook:

Govt to procure multi-barrel guns for helicopters

sayareakd

Country flag
I 100% agree mate, the IA (and IAF), it seems, is yet fully come to the Western mantre of fitting MGs to cover every corner of the helo (where possible).

ie:

I really don't know why the Indian forces haven't come around to this way of thinking as of yet, it isn't a question of money but of doctrinal/mindset issues.

To be fair I remember watching a few vids where I have seen MGs (PKMs IIRC) mounted on the doors of IN Chetaks, I presume they are used for maritime interdiction duties.

But maybe the Indian military is changing their outlook:

Govt to procure multi-barrel guns for helicopters
Point is that our guys have only now started using helicopters the way US and other NATO countries have used, so the role will grew and with that doctrine/mindset that it needs protection, may be we will learn it hard way. :frusty:

Then they will get mini guys for helicopters.....................:mad:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
PART-3
SMALL ARMS..

Lookk at the board showing the description about the FNMAG.If you look clearly you could see that to against thee manuffacturers name it is writtten that it is manufactured in Ishapore rifle factory.It is a new info for me that ofb makes FNMAGS in bipood and with butttocks.Earlier i thought that just like pkms, fnmags in bipoods used by PARA SF were also imported ones.It wonders me why it is not mass produced and circulatedd among RR or general infantry or paramilitary as belt feds are practically better than mag feds like bren or insas lmg which runs out of ammo easily.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
FN-MAG are heavy compare to PKM is one reason..
Iknow that and i personally likes PKM over any other GPMG.But my point was that infantry,para military and RR could have switched to any belt fed mgs while dealing with counter insurgency as mag feds need frequent mag changes which itself hinters the basic duty of a MG ie to provide high volume suppressive fire for long period of time.
And PKMs are not at all common in even RR,BRENS still rules the arena.PKMs ammo is also imported one which is also a limiting factor.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
True, But they are not adopting on full scale, Cant do nothing..

Iknow that and i personally likes PKM over any other GPMG.But my point was that infantry,para military and RR could have switched to any belt fed mgs while dealing with counter insurgency as mag feds need frequent mag changes which itself hinters the basic duty of a MG ie to provide high volume suppressive fire for long period of time.And PKMs are not at all common in even RR,BRENS still rules the arena.PKMs ammo is also imported one which is also a limiting factor.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

PARAs & MARCOS.one marcos was KIA which happend on sep22,2009

shom

why did bjp show that bastard mushy his house in delhi and treated him like chief guest when he was responsible for kargil ?

why open peace talks with pakis ? if this is not soft on terrorism then what is ?
Open peace talk is not everyones cup of tea mate,,, peace is sumthing everyone doesnt understand,, terrorism is sumthing else it is a cancer ,,, only way out is war against terrorism not against any country,,, war between countries only bring sufferings to citizens of those countries and nothing else,,,

shom

It would be foolish to do that.

First thing that should be done is to develop fool proof anti ballistic system with 3 tiers so that there nukes are intercepted before they hit there targets. Rest i agree.
Fool Proof :rofl::toilet:

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Russian kord 12.7mm heavy machine gun.It can be carried by a two man team and can target enemy infantry,bunkers,lightly armoured vehicles,low flying helicopters etc.It can also be fired by a muscular guy in standing position like an assault rifle.It could be a very good weapon for our special forces and would give them terminator style firepower.

2010 - Kord 12.7 mm Machine Gun - HD - High Definition Trailer - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles