Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
My latest video:

@Kunal Biswas could you upload this any my earlier LCA-DON'T STOP....vid onto MIL PICs?

Last edited by a moderator:

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
i have often heard criticism about bulletproof jackets of rashtriya rifle soldiers is very heavy.but can any expert clarify what level of protection it provides?if it provides level4 protection then the extra weight is worth it.also i think use of composites can bring down the weight of these bulletproof jacket.some indian private sector companies like taml is providing very high quality jacket.also bulletproof jacket should provide protection from artillery and grenade splinters.dragon skin is a very good jacket.may be drdo's research into advanced composite structures and carbon nanotubes helps it to develop next generation bpj for finsas.

http://www.tamlindia.com/personal-armor.htm

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
I seriously doubt so, those jackets dont protect AK rounds at point blank range..

Also the Dragon skin was failed in trails..

i have often heard criticism about bulletproof jackets of rashtriya rifle soldiers is very heavy.but can any expert clarify what level of protection it provides?if it provides level4 protection then the extra weight is worth it.also i think use of composites can bring down the weight of these bulletproof jacket.some indian private sector companies like taml is providing very high quality jacket.also bulletproof jacket should provide protection from artillery and grenade splinters.dragon skin is a very good jacket.may be drdo's research into advanced composite structures and carbon nanotubes helps it to develop next generation bpj for finsas.

TATA Advanced Materials Ltd...

WMD

Para Signal trooper

General dynamic made tactical laptops :cool2:
the guy is probably not from para commandos, 'cause he's not wearing a maroon cap.
but i didn't knew that women r inducted in para sf, is it only in support role?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
If one earns his/her maroon beret that means he/she have gone through the full course of an PARA, Everyone is an fighting men / woman and everyone have their own specialty, In case of her its communications..

Woman are inducted almost everywhere, But they are in small number coz very few out of few made out to be in SF ..

the guy is probably not from para commandos, 'cause he's not wearing a maroon cap.but i didn't knew that women r inducted in para sf, is it only in support role?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
policing by submachine guns is necessary sir
The requirements of a 9mm weapon especially for a CT force like bsf is really unnecessary.Even if there is a need ,there was no need to import 38000 smgs which means smgs for 1/10 of the whole force.Its a clear case of new arms scam.Remember beretta is an italian company ,like any other italian company they too are selling their new substandard products to our forces using their hold in the centres of power.
Even if bsf wanted something small in size they could have gone for FNP90,m4 shortened ,ak102,x95,micro tavor which all has superb punching power with low weight and shoert length.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Country flag

Whos idea is it to give these SFs these annoying winter mittens?

This isnt the first time seeing this...

@abingdonboy

abingdonboy

Country flag

Whos idea is it to give these SFs these annoying winter mittens?

This isnt the first time seeing this...

@abingdonboy
I agree mate. These "mittens" are used by SFs and regular Indian military alike when fast roping/slithering from a helo so as to prevent rope burns. Yes, seeing these gloves base become a real bug bare for me too! When you consider that the man will find it next to impossible to pull a trigger with these gloves on and henc has to pull them off on e in the ground in order to be able to shoot his weapon, it is down right dangerous to give these guys such sub par equipment.

The Western militaries have had gloves that you can use to protect your hands when you fast rope in but still offer full range of movement in all your fingers and digits for some time now:

I have seen these sort of gloves on the hands of Garuds and PARA (SF) of late though so I hope this is a new trend now that sees these "mitten" style gloves phased out.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

====================>>>>>>>>>

Colt 9mm SMG

The Colt 9mm SMG is a closed bolt, blowback operated SMG, rather than the conventional direct impingement gas operation of the standard 5.56x45mm M16 type rifle. The overall aesthetics are identical to most M16 type rifles. Changes include a large plastic brass deflector mounted toward the rear of the ejection port. Factory Colt 9mm SMGs are equipped with a 10.5 inch length barrel and have an M16 style upper receiver, which means they feature a fixed carry handle, no forward assist and A1 sights (with 50 and 100 meter settings). The magazine well of the receiver is modified using a special adaptor to allow the usage of smaller 9mm magazines. The magazines themselves are a copy of the Israeli UZI SMG magazine, modified to fit the Colt and lock the bolt back after the last shot.
Source : Colt 9mm SMG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

==============================
==============================

Whoever chose those SMG for theses forces is smart, And they have a good budget..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles