Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
"War is a beastly business, it is true, but one proof we are human is our ability to learn, even from it, how better to exist."

~M.F.K. Fisher

=================================

Kindly Read Post Number #1728 :)

If they killed it, bad...please keep animals aways from war's madness.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

Never knew the Sub-machine Gun is longer than the Rifle...

BSF perhaps should use just X-95..

abingdonboy

Country flag
Guys here's an interesting pic:

Airforce Commando on vigil - Aero India 2013: Bangalore gears up for South Asia's biggest airshow | The Economic Times

Taken at Yelahanka AFB during A1 2013. Is identified as IAF Garud.

Interestingly he is wearing MARPAT digicam (which no IAF Garud other was seen wearing throughout the entire AI show). I wonder if he is really a Garud but if not who then? The only other unit we know that uses this camo in India is the CRPF's CoBRAs and I don't see why they'd be anywhere near Aero India.
@Kunal Biswas any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

bhramos

Country flag
That's a leopard as Cheetah is already extinct in India.
If they killed it, bad...please keep animals aways from war's madness.
i have a same opinion, kill it if it is going to harm you, but didnt like it keeping in Pic as trophy ....
every year lots of Cobra snakes are killed to show to trainee special Commandos how to defend them selves in wild...

DivineHeretic

Country flag
Offtopic, but has the mandate of Garuds been increased to include BDA and the likes in support of air strikes by the IAF? Or is this role still with the IA paras/ IN MARCOS. The gulf war showed the necessity of having men around the target of airstrike to provide accurate designation as well as to confirm objective accomplishment, particularly when clouds and smoke may block reconnaisance by UAVs.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Offtopic, but has the mandate of Garuds been increased to include BDA and the likes in support of air strikes by the IAF? Or is this role still with the IA paras/ IN MARCOS. The gulf war showed the necessity of having men around the target of airstrike to provide accurate designation as well as to confirm objective accomplishment, particularly when clouds and smoke may block reconnaisance by UAVs.
Target desingation is one of the Garud's main tasks.

Garuds with target designation terminal:

Watch this to see all the mission the Garuds are tasked with:

गरजते गरुड़ हिंदुस्तान के...! वीडियो - हिन्दी न्यूज़ वीडियो एनडीटीवी ख़बर

abingdonboy

Country flag
Last edited by a moderator:

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
why are nsg's bulletproof jacket so thin?it looks like a sweater with a lot of pockets. they are supposed to engage in close combat.i wonder what level of ballistic protection it provides.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
It is because he is not wearing any plate inside, both plate together weight around 15kgs..

Which according to me is not right for his safety but again plates issued are too heavy same as in RR..

why are nsg's bulletproof jacket so thin?it looks like a sweater with a lot of pockets. they are supposed to engage in close combat.i wonder what level of ballistic protection it provides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles