Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immanuel

Country flag
SPG is a Special Mission Unit as well, they are extremely well trained and are a commando force in every sence of the word. I am pretty sure they are among the best VVIP protection units in the world.

abingdonboy

Country flag
SPG is a Special Mission Unit as well, they are extremely well trained and are a commando force in every sence of the word. I am pretty sure they are among the best VVIP protection units in the world.
SPG is an executive protection agency. They are in no way meant to conduct, nor trained for SOF/commando ops, They are very good at what they do but let's not make inaccurate assessments or assertions.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Also, I wonder why they have their pistols on their hips now instead of strapped to their thighs?
Looks like they are carrying something in their thigh pockets..A bulge is visible on the operator on the left.

abingdonboy

Country flag
+ also they should be carrying extra ammo- I can't see any spare mags anywhere.

And the Gypsy needs to be phased out of Indian service. and SOFs should get the replacement LSVs first. These Gypsys aren't the most modern vehicles and are likely to be considerably slower and less reliable than contemporary LSVs. Given speed is critical for Garuds in this role (force protection/QRF) the Gypsy is hardly the perfect vehicle for them.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Note the black, less bulky BPJs on some of the Garuds.

I definatley think the Garuds need to tighten up their appearance- different camos, different BPJs, T-shirts under BPJ etc make them look pretty unprofessional IMHO.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Function above Aesthetics IMHO...

I definatley think the Garuds need to tighten up their appearance- different camos, different BPJs, T-shirts under BPJ etc make them look pretty unprofessional IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles