Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Last edited by a moderator:

Immanuel

Country flag
Better the new IWI NG7. It offers a semi-automatic mode, as the only LMG in the world - as IWI said. There are two models the standard with a length of 1,000mm (barrel 508mm/weight 7.6kg) and the SF-version with a length of 912mm (barrel 420mm/7.5kg). Laser designator, day telescope, reflex sight and assault drum are options. One of the main goals of IWI was to develop a 7.62mm LMG with the same weight as the 5.56mm (7.7kg), they did.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OzjxgwxTNpQ/T9mDFhq_xiI/AAAAAAAABGo/6m8fbp8w3FM/s1600/7-1.JPG

Light and Menacing, it should be ordered with full-tot and locally produced, the best LMG we can offer for our forces both infantry and Sf units, with semi auto, no spray and pray, one can take accurate high caliber shots, make every shot count. me Likey :)

Snuggy321

Better the new IWI NG7. It offers a semi-automatic mode, as the only LMG in the world - as IWI said. There are two models the standard with a length of 1,000mm (barrel 508mm/weight 7.6kg) and the SF-version with a length of 912mm (barrel 420mm/7.5kg). Laser designator, day telescope, reflex sight and assault drum are options. One of the main goals of IWI was to develop a 7.62mm LMG with the same weight as the 5.56mm (7.7kg), they did.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OzjxgwxTNpQ/T9mDFhq_xiI/AAAAAAAABGo/6m8fbp8w3FM/s1600/7-1.JPG

Light and Menacing, it should be ordered with full-tot and locally produced, the best LMG we can offer for our forces both infantry and Sf units, with semi auto, no spray and pray, one can take accurate high caliber shots, make every shot count. me Likey :)
Yup, the Negev is certainly a good choice!

Its already in use with the Marcos, Garuds and even the Police :thumb:

Immanuel

Country flag
The Negev they use is the 5.56, the new NG7 has the heavy hitting round which to me is mcuh better choice :)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
There is necessity but no concept yet in IA for it ..

That is why you will notice HMG from tanks and other vehicles are used ..

]Kunal Da if there is no concept of HMG (heavy Machine Gun, I presume) in Indian Army then what are M2 Browning ,, NSV machine gun, and KVP heavy Machine guns used for? Once I checked wiki I found Indian Army not only uses these but also manufactures KVPs and NSVs in Ordinance factory Tiruchirapalli.

JBH22

Pretty lame if you asked having witnessed the human wave tactics of Chinese in 1962 war they did not learn it.

Moreover Infantry weapons sucks in India on all fronts Indian armed forces lag.

shom

Yeah I got it dada ,,, i heard use of LMGs is much more frequent as it is much more available and is cheap too ,,

mikhail

Country flag

Sir a noob question is the pic of the guy posted below a MARCOS or a SPB.i mean i thought the man was from Marcos(as the Marcos recently adopted this digital camo) but some people are identifying him as a SPB operator,so please help sir:confused:.

Kunal Sir,
Is the ballistic glass goggle in service with the Marcos or any of the special forces...or are these normal eye-gears worn here...??

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Its not Cheetah , its Indian Leopard . Cheetah in India got extinct in 1950'ssss due to over hunting for sport during Raj rule

Cheetah reintroduction in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I told same long time back on same Pic....people don't read all posts:rofl:
nor have much knowledge to distinguish b/w big cats. not their fault. people r more interested in item songs, gossips etc then to search and discuss about facts!!
Am I talking about the animal here? I have read YOUR mentioned post about the cat earlier and Cheetah was quoted in a hurry. And last thing, I hate item songs, love romantic songs. <3
Btw I guess this is not a zoology discussion page.

WMD

Sir a noob question is the pic of the guy posted below a MARCOS or a SPB.i mean i thought the man was from Marcos(as the Marcos recently adopted this digital camo) but some people are identifying him as a SPB operator,so please help sir:confused:.
i asked the same question to @Decklander as he's a retired navy officer, he says this pic is of SPB rather than MARCOS.
IMO MARCOS never reveal their faces in public.
u can't b a covert op soldier if ur face gets published regularly in media and available on the net.

sayareakd

Country flag
i asked the same question to @Decklander as he's a retired navy officer, he says this pic is of SPB rather than MARCOS.
IMO MARCOS never reveal their faces in public.
u can't b a covert op soldier if ur face gets published regularly in media and available on the net.
you cant make out much from his face.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles