Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I don't know why but I have a gut feeling that this 1st guy with bandana is same who was in Pampore operations in Feb 2016. The 9 PARA SF team was in Pampore along with 10 PARA. So I think these guys are from 9 PARA SF including those who were involved in January ops in Toll plaza.

View attachment 67138
Implausible given the number of operators and nature of rotating units and teams.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
You can see across multiple Indian elite units these days the focus that is being given to strength training and operators these days are noticeably bulkier today than they were a decade back.
I remember when these discussions were had before many of the ‘we are the best’ crowd assured us that the leaner physique was more suitable for Indian conditions and Indian units. Another example where Indian units are playing catch up with the West
This is something I don't understand (maybe 'cause I am a noob in these matters) but why is strength more important now? Why this change is occurring now?

As I understand it, there needs to be a balance between strength and endurance. Lean muscles favour endurance. Bulk favours strength. So this shift towards bulkier men in Indian SF (and all SF in the world) is merely a shift in that balance. Back in stone age, we Homo Sapiens fought the Neanderthals for 150,000 years. While the Neanderthals had bulky builds, they finally lost out in Darwinian battle against us due to tough climate change that reduced food availability significantly. This favoured us Homo Sapiens with leaner builds as we could be frugal with our food intake and still maintain our body. So there is a solid reason behind us favouring leaner builds traditionally, even more so now that the era of spears and swords is over.

So what made the the world's SF change their minds and shift towards bulkier builds? Aren't long duration missions behind enemy lines something that favours frugal food consumption?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I don't know why but I have a gut feeling that this 1st guy with bandana is same who was in Pampore operations in Feb 2016. The 9 PARA SF team was in Pampore along with 10 PARA. So I think these guys are from 9 PARA SF including those who were involved in January ops in Toll plaza.

View attachment 67138
He was in Surgical strike too..i think he is one of the few in the newsx interview

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I think soon the CRPF will be better equipped than Para.

CRPF people if you are reading this firstly great work you look like you are on a right track.

Secondly,hire a proper instructor from US to teach you the latest in equipment and skills.(its a one time investment)

If the training is right and the decisions are strong i see you better equipped and trained than Para SF in the long run.

Killbot

Country flag
I think soon the CRPF will be better equipped than Para.

CRPF people if you are reading this firstly great work you look like you are on a right track.

Secondly,hire a proper instructor from US to teach you the latest in equipment and skills.(its a one time investment)

If the training is right and the decisions are strong i see you better equipped and trained than Para SF in the long run.
I have no qualms except one. The way things are done in the US, especially CQB, is different from here. Their system is called MOUT. We use the British and Israeli FIBUA. So an Israeli instructor would be better for India. Like Mumbai police QRT. Also, I think they'll develop their own tactics over time with the new tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles