Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gessler

Country flag
That was kit in 2011. Imagine Tier 1 kit today. The their main improvements we wouldnt be able to judge also - Coms, Optics, ISR, Navigation, etc etc.
By the way, for anyone who wants to go deeper into the ST6 culture I'd recommend SEAL Team on CBS as a must-watch series. It seems Bissonnette's book pretty much served as a blueprint for their production design & writing. The above-mentioned ex-Ranger & ex-Delta Tyler Grey is a producer/consultant for this series (and also plays a role as one of the team members).

A little look into who Tyler is -

They go pretty deep into the training & selection process as well (Green Team, Top 5/bottom 5, team leaders' pick etc.), and above all, a fun show to watch. Do check it out...I don't think CBS All Access is available in India so gonna have to torrent.

Oh and in season 2 there's two separate storylines involving India...first is a terror attack in Mumbai (heavily inspired by 26/11) where ST6 is deployed to rescue an American diplomat and the second is a mission targeting a terrorist in PoK, in the end ST6 is extracted by Indian helo into J&K.

Considering the number of incidents in the series inspired by real-world events, I won't be surprised if something like that actually did take place in PoK (joint Indo-US ops I mean).

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
That was kit in 2011. Imagine Tier 1 kit today. The their main improvements we wouldnt be able to judge also - Coms, Optics, ISR, Navigation, etc etc.
Do check insta, i am sure you might be following those .. there are tons of pics of tier 1 SFs around the world. Yet to see atleast 1% of those equipments here

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
By the way, for anyone who wants to go deeper into the ST6 culture I'd recommend SEAL Team on CBS as a must-watch series. It seems Bissonnette's book pretty much served as a blueprint for their production design & writing. The above-mentioned ex-Ranger & ex-Delta Tyler Grey is a producer/consultant for this series (and also plays a role as one of the team members).

They go pretty deep into the training & selection process as well (Green Team, Top 5/bottom 5, team leaders' pick etc.), and above all, a fun show to watch. Do check it out...I don't think CBS All Access is available in India so gonna have to torrent.

Oh and in season 2 there's two separate storylines involving India...first is a terror attack in Mumbai (heavily inspired by 26/11) where ST6 is deployed to rescue an American diplomat and the second is a mission targeting a terrorist in PoK, in the end ST6 is extracted by Indian helo into J&K.

Considering the number of incidents in the series inspired by real-world events, I won't be surprised if something like that actually did take place in PoK (joint Indo-US ops I mean).
Open telegram and just hit Seal Team, you will get access to the episodes

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag

Thanks ! Looks like this series is a must watch, will try to get it ...

rkhanna

Country flag
Thanks ! Looks like this series is a must watch, will try to get it ...
Yea love thr show. Love how the first few episodes spend alot of time showing ingress and egress of the team.

There is also a great episode that shows them praxtixing for an underground bunker assault.

Make note of ISR and C&C support and how closely they work with the CIA on a permanent basis

For those really interested. Read the bokk relentless strike and watch the show.

Gessler

Country flag
BTW this is the first time i have seen a completely new Stack Line Formation for CQB room Entry. No longer are foot interlocked and their backs leaning on one another. !!!

Again NSG Shows the way to evolution
And weapons in a form of high-ready...not something I've seen before.

Noticed initially by @abingdonboy

Guess all that training with SFGs is rubbing off.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
They are both fucking Dark. What’s wrong with you? Whites call Panjabi as ShitSkin and Pajeets so stop acting like they love them. PorkiShitani Dog are also Panjabi. Panjabi aren’t superior to other Indians. We are all equal
Bhai ignore kar kyo topic revive kar raha he we left it far behind.

Waanar

Country flag
I just noticed, there's a white can on the back of the second commando. I've seen this used by 1st SFG in an old video where they were clearing rooms (the third guy would take the flashbang from the second guy's back to throw it)

Is this reminiscent of that?
Here's the video. Warning: You'll be amazed, dazzled and somewhat dizzy by the speed they move and shoot-
I especially love the 01:16 part. They hit the target in the face with a flashbang lol.
Note the tactics.
Is NSG doing the same here? What is that white dibba?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Ok Bro i Can’t stand these kinds of morons who start fights for no fucking reason. These type of DumbAss Reasons are the biggest problem in creating a unified Hindu identity in India. Hindus are fighting over bullShit Caste and Color Crap. Our Enemy are the Jihadi Terrorists and we should stay focused that.
Apna messages delete kar de bas isko yahi khatam kar dete he

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Any idea about the circumstances related to his martyrdom? Counter sniping ops?
He achieved Veergati during Cease-Fire Violation. He must have targeted enemy bunkers in doing so The Enemy most likely found his location and directed there fire towards his position and he got hit in the process. He was one of the first Indian Army Marksman to get the TGT Scorpio Sniper Rifle.

Last edited:

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Pretty much the same gear as shown is used by DEVGRU.
Now, I'm yet to hear or see pictures of a ST6 operative, but tier one units of the west are almost the same (in terms of gear) so here I present to you a fallen hero of DGSE's (exterior intelligence unit of France) Service Action member (Their equivalent of SG/SAD)-

Result of a hostage rescue gone wrong. More here-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulo_Marer_hostage_rescue_attempt

I don't get the popularity of MP7 among western SOFs. It's not like it's calibre is so common or anything. Any particular reason? Is it really so "top-of-the-line"?

Also, what NVG is that?
I'd love to hear a breakdown of all that you see, @Gessler sir. If you can find the time, of course. :)
Is this from the Failed Somalian Hostage Rescue by French Special Forces Attached to French Intelligence Agency? R.I.P. the soldiers I wonder if France recovered there bodies from Somalia for burial? Or the Somalians buried them themselves?

rkhanna

Country flag
Sad News.

MoD tells Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence that the operationalization of the AFSOD along with two other newly raised tri-services agencies will get delayed due to lack of
funds.

View attachment 44342

What!!!! They planned out the new commands. Didn't they do a budgeting excersise??!! There is no national security imperative? If they didn't have funds why make such a big hoopla with press releases ?

The sheer incompetence in executing ANYTHING by this govt is starting to get really annoying.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Sad News.

MoD tells Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence that the operationalization of the AFSOD along with two other newly raised tri-services agencies will get delayed due to lack of
funds.

View attachment 44342
See if you can find the original parliamentary report, it should be available in public domain. Better to look at the source instead of media reports.

Popeye

Country flag
What!!!! They planned out the new commands. Didn't they do a budgeting excersise??!! There is no national security imperative? If they didn't have funds why make such a big hoopla with press releases ?

The sheer incompetence in executing ANYTHING by this govt is starting to get really annoying.
Maximum projects under each and every section of GoI either onhold or stopped due to not available of funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles