Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupus

Country flag
I've come across multiple sources online (mostly articles and media reports but very authentic ones) claiming that US SOFs are deployed in India.

Do you guys know anything about this ?

Lupus

Country flag
After temp duty they return back to parent unit. Permanent is permanent.
Do they have to pass probation for temporary induction ? Also, do operators get to choose whether to get inducted temporary/perm or is it based on some requirements/criteria ?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Do they have to pass probation for temporary induction ? Also, do operators get to choose whether to get inducted temporary/perm or is it based on some requirements/criteria ?
If it is a technical position i think they dont need to as they draw people from airborne brigade.

If it is a permanent induction and they will wear balidan badhe then yes.

Waanar

Country flag
Where did you get the idea that shia militia will ask for our help?

Shia militias have made Americans spend hundreds of billions defending themselves, it’s safe to say they are good at what they do.
PMU, Izz Ad Dinn Al Qassam Brigade and Hezbollah are the biggest Iran backed militia in Iraq, and probably the only ones Iran actively invests in.
As of now, their leadership is being wiped out by American drones (PMU) and Israeli AF's bombing runs and SOF raids (Hezbollah and Hamas).
Americans supported YPG/J, FSA etc. These are Sunni groups and FSA is currently aligned with Turkey against Assad and Russia who are aligned with Hezbollah and YPG/J as well. Americans haven't invested in Shiite militias. Some Sunni militias are just in alliance with Shias to fight against Turkey currently.
If they have, I genuinely have made a mistake and overlooked that group... sorry bout that :p
Which Shiite militia are you speaking of?

If you're talking of capabilities, that's a different ballgame. I don't think anyone, no matter how good, would not want to be trained by another friendly force, especially SOFs of other nations. and Shite militias aren't that good either.
It's been made clear by the fact that Americans wiped out their master in a heartbeat.

BTW, is there any hostile countries where the Americans have been deployed without spending billions? o_O
That's not a stick to measure by.

Last edited:

Ujjain

Country flag
Thats sad that more cannot be shared because either the timeline or the unit or the ops are wrong..or maybe all.(confusion)

I know exactly what we did in Africa,Iraq(i personally know the instructors and they defined the arabs as ghaday coz they were slow),i know when we started messing with Khalistan ie Army and what they did.. and also know about LTTE..
You remember our intelligence agencies giving headache to Pakistani army post 84? Before that time our forces used to go on LRRPs for strategic recce on strategic targets like their formation HQs or something. I couldnt ask more about those stories as the person who told them to me sadly died after 3 days as he had non hodgkin's lymphoma. I was too admitted in AHRR's ICU. As far as his unit is concerned, he was from 1st. And that quote about Iraqi SF is not exclusive, infact same emotions were shared by our Air force instructors.

Last edited:

Sridhar_TN

Country flag
I've come across multiple sources online (mostly articles and media reports but very authentic ones) claiming that US SOFs are deployed in India.

Do you guys know anything about this ?
Can you copy the links to these articles?

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
PS in the early days of the 2009 Sri Lanka conflict MARCOS spent some time training up SL SF. Then the politics of the day made the SLs switch to China/Pak and MARCOS left the country.
Yes. Some Marcos detatchment were posted at our highcommissionerate back then as i knew a medic attached to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles