Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spindrift

Thats sad that more cannot be shared because either the timeline or the unit or the ops are wrong..or maybe all.(confusion)

I know exactly what we did in Africa,Iraq(i personally know the instructors and they defined the arabs as ghaday coz they were slow),i know when we started messing with Khalistan ie Army and what they did.. and also know about LTTE..
Please write a book about it, perhaps in a few years down the line.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Thats sad that more cannot be shared because either the timeline or the unit or the ops are wrong..or maybe all.(confusion)

I know exactly what we did in Africa,Iraq(i personally know the instructors and they defined the arabs as ghaday coz they were slow),i know when we started messing with Khalistan ie Army and what they did.. and also know about LTTE..
Those shit happened 40-45 years back. What holds you back from dropping some info on them now .

Knowitall

Wow could you tell us some of this stuff if possible.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Those shit happened 40-45 years back. What holds you back from dropping some info on them now .
its upto @Ujjain to share that bro and i can add what i know about it.Or maybe i will learn something new..i am up for it.

I know fighter pilots and SF guys who were sent to Iraq but that was in 80s.

Iraqis were very slow.So no matter what they shared they would never understand.So the instructor came up with a brilliant idea..share everything by taking the example of camel and goat..i am not kidding haha..and it succeded.

They said the pilots were ok but their theory knowledge was not good.

Arabs,muslims,pakis are good fighters..atleast some of them..but they never use their brain.

Knowitall

I'm actually really surprised that we had so much going on in our past.

@rkhanna
@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

As you have explained in brief about indian SF in the past according to you guys has the scope and deployment of our SF increased or decreased now.

Are our SF still this active or have they been drawn back.

You could just answer in yes or no if it's too classified.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I'm actually really surprised that we had so much going on in our past.

@rkhanna
@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

As you have explained in brief about indian SF in the past according to you guys has the scope and deployment of our SF increased or decreased now.

Are our SF still this active or have they been drawn back.

You could just answer in yes or no if it's too classified.
Yes..increased.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
i could actually write a book on sf ops in kashmir but my family members are currently serving at top position and they would face problems.

Maybe i will wait for 10 years.. it is my dream that we should share it with our public whatever we can.

Para SF singlehandedly stopped hindu execution in Jammu region .. the step taken was tough but was needed.

i think the story needs to be told.

I think i should also share that in mid 90 how we had almost lost kashmir..if it was not the RR and Para things were gone.

My old man heard indian soldiers calling anantnag as Islamabad..the situation was so tough..he blasted everyone there...took control of anantnag and people like him and other RR COs and company commanders did a great job i think.

Those days bmps were rolling there and training camps were not in pok but indian kashmir.

Vayuputra

Country flag
i could actually write a book on sf ops in kashmir but my family members are currently serving at top position and they would face problems.

Maybe i will wait for 10 years.. it is my dream that we should share it with our public whatever we can.

Para SF singlehandedly stopped hindu execution in Jammu region .. the step taken was tough but was needed.

I think i should also share that in mid 90 how we had almost lost kashmir..if it was not the RR and Para things were gone.

My old man heard indian soldiers calling anantnag as Islamabad..the situation was so tough..he blasted everyone there...took control of anantnag and people like him and other RR COs and company commanders did a great job i think.

Those days bmps were rolling there and training camps were not in pok but indian kashmir.
atleast you could share one such story , we are interested,

Waanar

Country flag

Paras were in Iraq? When? o_O
Saar... please don't joke or Im going to have a tactical orgasm!

True, we had almost lost Kashmir. Anyone interested should read news articles of those times.
Our journalists were brave, had integrity and would make these modern day journalists look like bratty kids. They went in the most dangerous of zones and did the most unbiased reporting possible (both good and bad).

I was reading about liberated Marrah (one of the last safe sanctuaries of Jihadis in this side of Kashmir) and it made me sweat.
It was just a horrible situation all around,

Uss samaye jo log RR aur SF me jaate the, wo sarr pe kafan baand ke jaate the. There was no guarantee which camp would be attacked next and intel was nigh nonexistent.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
atleast you could share one such story , we are interested,
My cousin brother who is a part of SOG was doing under cover op as a terrorist.

He was in a house and identified himself as a terroists. Kashmiris were taking care of him.

Suddenly,4 armed paki terroists entered the house.They were apprehensive about him but he got himself out of the situation well.

Anyway they sat to have dinner and suddenly one terrorist saw his indian pistol and said...yeh kafir fauj ka hathyar kaha say mila .. tu bhi kaafi kutta hain? As he was explaining and finding a way out they identified another indian thing about him which i dont remember as the story is very old.. so he jumped out of the house .. and the encounter started.

all 4 were killed that day.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

True, we had almost lost Kashmir. Anyone interested should read news articles of those times.
Our journalists were brave, had integrity and would make these modern day journalists look like bratty kids. They went in the most dangerous of zones and did the most unbiased reporting possible (both good and bad).

I was reading about liberated Marrah (one of the last safe sanctuaries of Jihadis in this side of Kashmir) and it made me sweat.

Uss samaye jo log RR aur SF me jaate the, wo sarr pe kafan baand ke jaate the. There was no guarantee which camp would be attacked next and intel was nigh nonexistent.
As instructors..not doing ops.They were there.

Knowitall

Do you have some reports on this topic I would like to read them.

Waanar

Country flag
Do you have some reports on this topic I would like to read them.
https://frontline.thehindu.com/the-nation/article30220425.ece

This is when things were considered to be under control. You can imagine the situation when they weren't considered so.

As for reading, when I was 19, I used to go to "Sinha Library" in Patna. It archives all newspapers since 47 (tries to) and allows you to xerox em if you want. It's been a long time since I read those articles but that was something else.
There's a reason why the Porkistanis so happily waltzed into Kashmir before Kargil war. Read about them, it'll humble you.

I do have a certain respect (not affection, respect) for Porki old timers for being able to manage all that.
I just remembered reading something about a tangled mess of intel operations where an Iraqi (Saddam's era) was caught fueling Balochistan insurgency (due to their conflict with Iran) and Porkis accusing MI (indian) for collaborating with him etc. Never found out what happened next.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
https://frontline.thehindu.com/the-nation/article30220425.ece

This is when things were considered to be under control. You can imagine the situation when they weren't considered so.

As for reading, when I was 19, I used to go to "Sinha Library" in Patna. It archives all newspapers since 47 (tries to) and allows you to xerox em if you want. It's been a long time since I read those articles but that was something else.
There's a reason why the Porkistanis so happily waltzed into Kashmir before Kargil war. Read about them, it'll humble you.

I do have a certain respect (not affection, respect) for Porki old timers for being able to manage all that.
I just remembered reading something about a tangled mess of intel operations where an Iraqi (Saddam's era) was caught fueling Balochistan insurgency (due to their conflict with Iran) and Porkis accusing MI (indian) for collaborating with him etc. Never found out what happened next.
Iran has harassed so many of our intel operators in the past...only because we trained Iraqis.

Waanar

Country flag
Iran has harassed so many of our intel operators in the past...only because we trained Iraqis.
I did notice one thing. During those times, our intel operations weren't kept confidential for long. Somehow, someway, they always managed to be leaked (albeit as rumor rather than confirmed) but by 2001, the extent of Indian intel operations in any form grew more and more opaque. It's come to a point where it seems like we have no intel organization at all and everything is running so smooth because there's a god watching for us (pardon the melodramatic comparison).

It's very discomforting and relaxing at the same time not knowing how deep our assets run and how far.
You guys!
I urge you!
Go read some old newspapers and try to find the defence sections and if possible, upload em here for us to see at the relevant threads.
I remember reading them and getting goosebumps like a lil kid reading Nagraj comics or something.

They're a goldmine of knowledge and information to put the current geopolitical scenario in perspective.

As for the "training Iraqi", I'm almost convinced that now Iran would be begging for our guys to train their shite (and shiite) PMU militias and Iraqi military even. Oh, how weirdly the world turned.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I did notice one thing. During those times, our intel operations weren't kept confidential for long. Somehow, someway, they always managed to be leaked (albeit as rumor rather than confirmed) but by 2001, the extent of Indian intel operations in any form grew more and more opaque. It's come to a point where it seems like we have no intel organization at all and everything is running so smooth because there's a god watching for us (pardon the melodramatic comparison).

It's very discomforting and relaxing at the same time not knowing how deep our assets run and how far.
You guys!
I urge you!
Go read some old newspapers and try to find the defence sections and if possible, upload em here for us to see at the relevant threads.
I remember reading them and getting goosebumps like a lil kid reading Nagraj comics or something.

They're a goldmine of knowledge and information to put the current geopolitical scenario in perspective.

As for the "training Iraqi", I'm almost convinced that now Iran would be begging for our guys to train their shite (and shiite) PMU militias and Iraqi military even. Oh, how weirdly the world turned.
Where did you get the idea that shia militia will ask for our help?

Shia militias have made Americans spend hundreds of billions defending themselves, it’s safe to say they are good at what they do.

Lupus

Country flag
Combat doesnt mean firing tavor in close quarters only.There are many aspects.That way the radio operator is also not doing any combat?

Rest there are two types of induction ..one is permanent in nature and the other one is a deputation.

I dont know about the officer wearing the Para SF or Eme beret.. never came across this scenario but all i i know is that balidan badge and special forces tab is not distributed for free without probation.
I didn't know about these differences in induction. That explains it.

What's the difference between permanent and temporary induction ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles