Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Higher command's beliefs in a nutshell.

I remember reading an article about 84 Khalistan insurgency and how IB officers were laughed off when 1st Para was in the staging area prepping for the tragic operation.

General, as is quoted, said "Ye mere bhoot dekh rahe ho?"
They believed the Khalistanis would give up on just seeing the Para SF and sent them in all Blacks on white marble building lit by the moonlight against a motivated enemy who was ready for the assault.

IB officer who was familiar with the scenario tried his best to explain not to do so as he knew the Khalistanis wouldn't surrender but the generals wouldn't have it.
Took a sacrifice of hundreds of other potentially better future generals on their altar of ego for them to understand that a different strategy was needed.
The general who lead the operation said that government orders were pretty clear to wipe this sheet as fast as you can hence he said we didn't had time to make them surrender and by blocking food supplies and creating mental pressure.
Hence they were forced to move in any way.

er Punjab police chief) K.P.S. Gill, say that although Operation Blue Star was necessary, it was ill-conceived. They compare it with Operation Black Thunder-II and say that had it been better planned, the job would have been done with far fewer casualties. Would you agree?

Well, let me put it this way: Operation Black Thunder-II was done because they had known what happened in Blue Star. And in Black Thunder-II, while K.P.S. Gill may have been given all the credit because of whatever political reasons, the fact is that the special action group of the NSG (National Security Guard), which went in, and they did the job, they were hundred per cent army. So, what happened in Blue Star is, may be, that the planning was done in haste for whatever reason, because, last minute if the army was told that we want this to be cleared soon, well, that could have happened, otherwise, in built-up area, you really don’t go in from all directions knowing what is inside. So, in Black Thunder, they could cut out the electricity and water and starve these people. Whereas, I don’t know what the political direction was in Blue Star because the orders were that you clear them the fastest. What had happened is that the division that had been there for decades —the 15th Division—had been moved out to the border, and, in fact, a division was brought in from Meerut, which was new to the place altogether. So, intelligence was practically zero. But the fact is that on 1 June also, when the firing took place with the CRPF, it was very clear that inside people mean business and they want to fight it out and they are well-armed. Normally, in special operations, you don’t go through the gates, which is known to everybody; you blast your way through. That sort of a damage was not permitted, although we had the explosives.

( anyways I'm also tired with gernail attitude of IA)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.li...et=amp&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D&amp_js_v=0.1#ampf=

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
Your theory has solid backing as well.

View attachment 42355

Look at this picture from a recent AFSOD exercise. You can see three service uniforms.
This is from INDRA Exercise 2019

Only one commando is wearing Quarter Zip Combat T Shirt in UCP
Rest with IA Standard and bump high cut helmets ( Not the EXFIL like AFSOD guys ).

Jay99

Country flag

Army soldiers arrive to take position at encounter site at Nagrota toll plaza, where a group of 3-4 militants travelling in a truck opened fire at a police team, on the Jammu-Srinagar national highway
Not sure why they carry huge back load when its a localised operation for few hours?

rkhanna

Country flag
Why some cover their faces some don't ? Is it the officer i.e captain/Major covering the faces normally?
Normally troops that are indigenous to J&K or usually do UC ops continue to hide faces. However there is no official SOP as such. it depends on the Squad / Squad Leader

Edit: Sometimes its just the cold and they are not trying to hide faces.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
These are short term detachments for Specific ops whose duration can run from 3mth to a year. Military Intelligence also has a similar structure. Its not a permanent unit.

Google 3CISU - 21 SF cadre were attached to it during the Scandal.

Please take down your post or edit out the name of the unit - even it its not official. DIA/MI units are to be handled with the hightest highest of opsec. IF someone told you about it he should be fired right away or he was fibbing.

Either way dont post on open fora's keep for personal consumption only. Please i request you. OPSEC from our forces has become a shitshow in the instagram age
I couldn't find a delete option nor edit one

Gessler

Country flag
Is holographic sight better or red dot sight?
By 'red dot sight' I suppose you mean a reflex sight (like CompM4, Micro-T2, FALKE LE etc), because technically a Holographic is also a red dot.

In which case Holographic is better.

Strictly speaking, at an individual level, its up to preference but most of the reasons why a reflex like Micro-T2 is bought over a Holosight like EOTech XPS is typically to do with cost & battery life. But technically speaking, a Holo is always superior owing to the fact it projects the reticle on the same focal plane as the target, making it always easier to acquire & reacquire targets with both eyes open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles