Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag

Gessler

Country flag
Do we use TI at Loc?
TI NODs can be used at forward posts by soldiers to detect BAT or infiltrating terrorists.

I also read US soldiers have received NVGs that can see through fog.

I think we should seriously invest in night fighting capability at all levels .

Nitin gokhale in his book writes how the colonel K wanted to commence strike a hour before dawn but other team of colonel H in north wanted to strike at first Light , (SS 2016)
I wonder if it was due to scarcity of NVGs ?
I don't know about the specifics of the operation, but across the board yes there is serious deficiency in night-fighting capabilities in regular army, CI/CT as well as special forces.

Spindrift

Didn't really understand , Can you explain in layman's terms what or how these glasses will be used in combat?
How will it upgrade fair weather weapon to all weather ?
It's most likely augmented vision with FLIR and night vision (low light) sensors.

Something on these lines

porky_kicker

Country flag
Off topic , I never comment on such issues but this is necessary.

I would sincerely request people to boycott bollytard Shikara and also request their family / friends etc to boycott the movie.

This bollytard brand of sickularism must be destroyed .

It has become too pathetic and obnoxious
Feeding on the miseries on Hindus killed raped and hounded out by Islamists bastards.

Please boycott the movie

rone

Country flag
Off topic , I never comment on such issues but this is necessary.

I would sincerely request people to boycott bollytard Shikara and also request their family / friends etc to boycott the movie.

This bollytard brand of sickularism must be destroyed .

It has become too pathetic and obnoxious
Feeding on the miseries on Hindus killed raped and hounded out by Islamists bastards.

Please boycott the movie
what the prob with that movie i thought that it was a movie based on kshmiri pandit issue

porky_kicker

Country flag
That's not complete ,the other team wanted to hit at first light ,

the complete line is this :
"But the army commander wanted us to WAIT, since the PLAN by the OTHER TEAM in the north was to HIT THE TARGET at FIRST Light."

Army commander wanted team 1 to WAIT to co- ordinate the strikes with team 2 , as team 2 wanted to hit at first light and difference of time over target b/w two teams was RISKY.

col K however in the end decided not to wait and went before dawn ,Meanwhile ,Col H's time over target was still 2 hrs away.

Continuing forward from the book on next page 45 ,para 2 ,line 3:
"Col H's team was poised for a strike, but was not willing to be rushed into it UNTIL THERE WAS SUFFICIENT LIGHT FOR THEM TO SEE THE TARGET CLEARLY ."

This above line clearly means that Col H's team didn't have sufficient night vision to go on with the strikes.
Older NVGs need some ambient light from stars or other sources to work properly

If sky is cloudy or not clear or it is dark with no ambient sources of light , older gen NVGs don't work

IndiaRising

Country flag
I was reading India's Most Fearless. the first chapter was about the 2016 Surgical Strikes and its leader, Major Mike Tango. As expected, they didn't go into any specifics and only described the broad aspects of the operation. However, what is more intriguing is this was only of the 3 SF teams that struck across LoC. there is absolutely no mention of the 9 Para SF team and what they did on that night.

abingdonboy

Country flag

From Defence Expo 2020
FORCE LSV
LMAO, there are Ghatak units that are better equipped than this.

Whilst most of the other frontline units have been taking strides the SFs have been asleep on the job. ACHs and Tavors are nothing special in India anymore.

Seeing that walkie-talkie hanging off him like that as if he is a policemen is just ridiculous, he's really going to go into combat like that? No handsfree comns set?

Superior communications is one of the biggest upgrades Western Mils have gone through in the last 20 years, they have appreciated the edge it can give tactically, Indian SFs still seem stuck in the 1970s approach to it.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
LMAO, there are Ghatak units that are better equipped than this.

Whilst most of the other frontline units have been taking strides the SFs have been asleep on the job. ACHs and Tavors are nothing special in India anymore.

Seeing that walkie-talkie hanging off him like that as if he is a policemen is just ridiculous, he's really going to go into combat like that? No handsfree comns set?

Superior communications is one of the biggest upgrades Western Mils have gone through in the last 20 years, they have appreciated the edge it can give tactically, Indian SFs still seem stuck in the 1970s approach to it.
I guess handsfree comm can be cheaper alternative in non-CQB situations, but yeah, that's how these guys should look like (who are they BTW?) not Desert Scorpions.
2020_2img02_Feb_2020_PTI2_2_2020_000090B.jpg

Those mechanised infantry too... a bullpup gun could help them in the space constraint of the IFV.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I guess handsfree comm can be cheaper alternative in non-CQB situations, but yeah, that's how these guys should look like (who are they BTW?) not Desert Scorpions.View attachment 43042
Those mechanised infantry too... a bullpup gun could help them in the space constraint of the IFV.
But first of all replace those ww2 helmets.

Gessler

Country flag
The latest tender for 26 SCG (Mumbai Hub) is interesting

The numbers (40) are on the low side though for a hub that probably has 200+ CT operators.

While looking into this kit, I may have stumbled across one of the key domestic suppliers to NSG (and many other units including armed forces SFs, Force One etc.) - Battle Gear Technologies:

https://www.battlegeartech.com/

A in the list above probably corresponds to the "MP5 Lightning Tactical Vest", one of the products sold by Battlegear:

https://www.battlegeartech.com/tactical-vests/ (scroll down)

This company also sells most of the other stuff mentioned in the list as well, even E which at first glance I thought was meant to mean something along the lines of Crye Precision G3 (that's the go-to for tactical clothing with internal/slide-in knee/elbow pads) or an off-brand equivalent of it. And I was right - it seems Battlegear sells an equivalent of Crye G3 with slide-in pads:

https://www.battlegeartech.com/combat-shirts-pants/

And yes, its also available in Black @abingdonboy :smile:

Coming to the company itself, it's definitely an India-based company with a Mumbai address, however some of their products are labelled "Made in USA", so its quite obvious they are only a local distributor for stuff acquired from various foreign OEMs, (not just US, could be mostly Chinese-made) not a manufacturer in of themselves.

Many of their stuff are also listed on Indiamart for potential bulk orders, too.

@Unknowncommando 2

P.S. -

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles