Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waanar

Country flag
One thing I don't get is do our forces have ear protection?

Forgive my ignorance but I'd think we lose less soldiers to injuries/deaths and more to the fact that they fall out of shape A due to bilateral tinnitus. Is it not so?

Years I've been browsing around, gawking at the myths, the legends and not once have I seen anything resembling COMTACs. And before you say so, no, construction worker ear muffs don't count!

So what is it?
Can our soldiers still hear clear after 5 firing sessions or is it just not as necessary in the field when you have the national anthem playing in your head?

Jameson Emoni

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Does SFF/SG employ foreign trainers or does they send trainers abroad for doing courses or familiarisation of new techniques employed by western SFs?
As advanced SF trainings are almost secret, how we gets updated whats happening around the world in terms of evolving tactics?
@rkhanna

rkhanna

Country flag
Does SFF/SG employ foreign trainers or does they send trainers abroad for doing courses or familiarisation of new techniques employed by western SFs?
As advanced SF trainings are almost secret, how we gets updated whats happening around the world in terms of evolving tactics?
@rkhanna
Currently not that I know of. SG ofcourse has gone to the Israelis in the 80s and the early/mid 2000s . NSG went to GSG9 post 26/11. (These are all there I know off)

But IMo sending instructors in ones and twos to other countries would be ongoing process but we would never know.

rkhanna

Country flag
Was Dr Kotnis part of this too????????????
Sir, Kotnis went to China in the 30s I believe , married a Chinese and died in the 40s I believe.
And he was not Indian Army.

Unless you are talking about another Kotnis j don't know about ?

Gessler

Country flag
One thing I don't get is do our forces have ear protection?

Forgive my ignorance but I'd think we lose less soldiers to injuries/deaths and more to the fact that they fall out of shape A due to bilateral tinnitus. Is it not so?

Years I've been browsing around, gawking at the myths, the legends and not once have I seen anything resembling COMTACs. And before you say so, no, construction worker ear muffs don't count!

So what is it?
Can our soldiers still hear clear after 5 firing sessions or is it just not as necessary in the field when you have the national anthem playing in your head?
Never seen any proper ear-pro with any Indian unit - whether SFs under military, or NSG or any other unit.

The sad part is that quite a lot of units nowadays in India have adopted some form of high-cut helmet or the other, but none adopted the headsets that are meant to go with them.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
IMG_20191105_203623.jpg

Para Special Forces of #IndianArmy recently received SAKO TRG 42 .338 Lapua Magnum Sniper Rifles from Finland. It's basically a modernised version of TRG 42 with TRG 42 A1 (In the pic) like accessories & stock. Customised according to our SF's requirements.
I have the picture of actual gun with the PARA SF operator but for security reasons I can't post that right now. Numbers are unknown at this moment but these guns will surely add some firepower to existing arsenal.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Currently not that I know of. SG ofcourse has gone to the Israelis in the 80s and the early/mid 2000s . NSG went to GSG9 post 26/11. (These are all there I know off)

But IMo sending instructors in ones and twos to other countries would be ongoing process but we would never know.
There were a few foreign instructors in SF school Nahan.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS

Game is started.............
These guy's look tagde. Ek dum.
This Type of Camo is What the Indian Army Needs. Indian Army Needs Adapt fast to modern warfare. Para SF Camo Made me think at first it was Pakistanis at first because of the similar Looking Camo and Beard but then I Remembered these are Indian Army Desert Scorpions. LoL

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag
I believe Israelis do help us in CT ops. Even IPS trainees are sent to Israel for field training.
We can seriously enlist ex Sayret Matkals as instructors.
Israeli instructors came to Mumbai to help raise force one. And IMO is all wasted now as all those guys do is hang around outside mantralaya and Malabar hill (CM house) baking in the heat.

SM will help train only incase of deep deep strategic ties. Other than that the Israelis will let us train with their vanilla SOF. Also there is a difference between cross training / relationship building (2-4 weeks) and deep partnership to develop capability. (3months - years )

uoftotaku

Country flag
Israeli instructors came to Mumbai to help raise force one. And IMO is all wasted now as all those guys do is hang around outside mantralaya and Malabar hill (CM house) baking in the heat.

SM will help train only incase of deep deep strategic ties. Other than that the Israelis will let us train with their vanilla SOF. Also there is a difference between cross training / relationship building (2-4 weeks) and deep partnership to develop capability. (3months - years )
Ppl also fail to understand the fundamental differences in the way SM and other Israeli military SF teams operate which is considerably different from our Police forces and SF. Each SF has its own way of doing things based on operational doctrine and operating environment. While some fundamental skills like shooting, room clearance etc are common and transferable, a lot of tactical stuff is too subjective and may not be applicable. It is upto an individual team to come up with its own tactics based on their specific operational experience rather than simply copy from "superstars" of global SF.

We need to have our own self respect also...our Para SF has done enough to earn its place on its own terms...no need to beg outside help to train as if we are still pups chasing own tails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles