Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
This exercise seems to be in at a very preliminary stages, based on their gear..

Long way to go, no point breaking our heads over this atleast for a couple of years.

Give it time, let it evolve..
========

Andaman Nicobar Command (ANC) under @HQ_IDS_India conducted Defence of Andaman & Nicobar Tri Service Exercise #DANX19 from 14 to 18 Oct 2019.
Alongside forces under ANC, Special Forces of newly formed Armed Forces Special Operations Division (AFSOD), took part in the Exercise.

WTF are they doing with this ancient AKs? Maybe they don’t want to use the Tavors because of sand (although Tavor has great over the beach capability) but bog standard AKs with wooden furniture? If they need AKs they should have modified FAB defence ones.

This is more than a little disturbing to say the least. Once again a lack of seriousness and professionalism on display. Did their parents units just give them the sh!ttiest equipment they had laying around?

and if this really is AFSOD don’t bloody have them posing (with faces uncovered) for cameras smiling. Unbelievable.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
IAF has had dominance in all sectors for decades, doesn’t change anything. What counts is willingness to use them.

after the WC was shot down and Pakis launched at Indian targets there should have been an Indian response.

once again Indian “leadership” succumbed to dhoti shivering. I’m guessing their masters in Washington were badgering them to not take it any further.

the initiative that India had at Balkot was lost within days, Pakis can rightly claim they levelled the playing field. A failed terrorist state humbled a country that wants to project itself as a future super power
Bro expensive guns and gear is only for photos.
I think para sf and other special forces get specially ready when they listen oh today we are going to be on news. Photo OPS :pound:

On normal day same old helmet and best rifle which come for 1k$ aka AK-47.
AK-47 is a great weapon for it's cost.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Bro expensive guns and gear is only for photos.
I think para sf and other special forces get specially ready when they listen oh today we are going to be on news.

On normal day same old helmet and best rifle which come for 1k$ aka AK-47.
I mean they exclusively have Tavors and M4s when operating in J&K so I don’t think that’s quite the case.

Instead I think they clearly don’t have enough modern(ish) gear and there’s clearly no interest in standards.....what are those to the Indian military?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
WTF are they doing with this ancient AKs? Maybe they don’t want to use the Tavors because of sand (although Tavor has great over the beach capability) but bog standard AKs with wooden furniture? If they need AKs they should have modified FAB defence ones.

This is more than a little disturbing to say the least. Once again a lack of seriousness and professionalism on display. Did their parents units just give them the sh!ttiest equipment they had laying around?

and if this really is AFSOD don’t bloody have them posing (with faces uncovered) for cameras smiling. Unbelievable.
I am beginning to think, these exercises are part of bench marking and inter-operability process. Like the last one was about transport, this one was about inter-operability.

Could also be that new SOD is willing to re-write the playbook from scratch.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
I mean they exclusively have Tavors and M4s when operating in J&K so I don’t think that’s quite the case.

Instead I think they clearly don’t have enough modern(ish) gear and there’s clearly no interest in standards.....what are those to the Indian military?
I don't know man. But 80% of times i have found special forces in operation with lesser quality gear compared to when they are in photos. I'm pretty sure they do photo ops too. :pound:
In this forum i guess there is a photo of marcos in kashmir with Ak-47. Yes they also use tavor in abundance but I'm talking about overall gear.

Money issues gear doesn't come cheap. I guess on daily basis they used cheap stuff and when there is call for particular operation then they use expensive stuff.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I am beginning to think, these exercises are part of bench marking and inter-operability process. Like the last one was about transport, this one was about inter-operability.

Could also be that new SOD is willing to re-write the playbook from scratch.
I’m sure they are starting from the bottom and building up but that doesn’t excuse this pathetic gear

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

Haha i said in the start only that i don't have any hope.

The gear..the uniform..the posing actually made me laugh.

Ghataks have better gear on LOC than them.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
I’m sure they are starting from the bottom and building up but that doesn’t excuse this pathetic gear
I am only guessing that even if they had brought their original gear, there would not be any uniformity. Marcos would be with AK-103, IA and garud would be with tavor/AK/vz. Their BPJ and helmets would also be different.

Some CO/XO would have thought, that’s not the right way to emphasise uniformity in a new outfit.

Edit: and also would a home base quartermaster(except for Marcos) sign off on his equipment be exposed to salt water. Because he usually deals with fresh water and not salt water.

just guessing..

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
Haha i said in the start only that i don't have any hope.

The gear..the uniform..the posing actually made me laugh.

Ghataks have better gear on LOC than them.
only hope is IDS HQ pulls its head out of its a$$ and gives them the $$$ and the sanction for the new gear.

Charging at a bus occupied by terorists with no helmet and everyone carrying a pistol.
not even flash bangs or ballistic shields.

It deeply concerns me how amateurish some of these displays/drills appear. Honestly Airsofters in the US could do a better job.

They do the basics but don’t seem to have honed drills that you would need to do in a real world op.

No wonder indian SF casualties are so fking high! Mystery solved.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I am only guessing that even if they had brought their original gear, there would not be any uniformity. Marcos would be with AK-103, IA and garud would be with tavor/AK/vz. Their BPJ and helmets would also be different.

Some CO/XO would have thought, that’s not the right way to emphasise uniformity in a new outfit.

just guessing..
you really think they think like that?? All of them have Tavors, all of them have modded AKs.

This is just the junk some RR unit had laying around to my eyes.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
you really think they think like that?? All of them have Tavors, all of them have modded AKs.

This is just the junk some RR unit had laying around to my eyes.
Let’s not forget our dreaded military bureaucracy..

I say let’s not break our heads in these initial stages, let them evolve then we’ll see..

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
only hope is IDS HQ pulls its head out of its a$$ and gives them the $$$ and the sanction for the new gear.

not even flash bangs or ballistic shields.

It deeply concerns me how amateurish some of these displays/drills appear. Honestly Airsofters in the US could do a better job.

They do the basics but don’t seem to have honed drills that you would need to do in a real world op.

No wonder indian SF casualties are so fking high! Mystery solved.
a guy like me with an AK can take out half the Garuds charging the bus think what a terrorist with a brainwashed ideology can do.

And i think Garuds have lost their motive.. they have no idea what to become. This drill is childish.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Their deployments there are ongoing. It’s not a mandatory part of training for all new Garud operators.
Nope..

the deployments are at Corps Battle school for learning..i am talking about active ops with RR which they were doing.. never heard of anything or any op.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles