Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Gujarat cadre, 1985 batch officer Anup Kumar Singh is the new DG of NSG. The 37th anniversary of the black cats, earlier this week, saw their grand function being presided over by DG ITBP SS Deshwal, who was holding Additional charge of the force.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I don't understand the belly aching regarding the gear in the initial exercises. You have three different SF units coming from three different services with very different mission profiles being integrated into a single unit.

The initial phase will be about shared experience and interoperability. Then a close knit culture of warrior ethos needs to be formed. By the end of the year you have Gucci Gear arriving. Then you make the team train, work and function as a single unit.

In the Army RR was made up of misfit and super aggressive officers and NCOs. Today they are the backbone of the Army's COIN efforts in J&K and the North East.

abingdonboy

Country flag
What is hard bro?

Getting a standard kit..or ordering weapons?

I have a feeling this SOD is gonna become a picnic posting for Army SF.
To be fair when it comes to these things they start modestly and get better from there. Doubt any equipment orders even been placed to date and with 1-3 year lead times it means it’s going to be a while to see results

abingdonboy

Country flag
What is hard bro?

Getting a standard kit..or ordering weapons?

I have a feeling this SOD is gonna become a picnic posting for Army SF.
To be fair when it comes to these things they start modestly and get better from there. Doubt any equipment orders even been placed to date and with 1-3 year lead times it means it’s going to be a while to see results

vampyrbladez

Country flag

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Every where else first the plans are made..then the drawing board comes ..the goal is made..then all the logistics and administrative things are set up.. then practise starts.

Here we have operators coming out of different bases with the lowest category of equipment from their parent unit.

So i am left to wonder are the operators best from their respective unit?

Secondly,Everyone is wearing a different uniform.The civilians wont understand but different uniform doesnt mean they belong to the same unit.

This pic is like a tri service exercise.

Last edited:

rone

Country flag
these ppls look regular army, what SF in them rather than cooling glasses, when we going to learn? no dedicated camo no specified gear,no uniformity rather just picked number of people from every SF and thrown a name and uses bmp2 to IFCV ,to be honest i feel like this SOD just parity group created with out proper planning

Waanar

Country flag
It looks like either one of the two -
1- They're trolling us
2- My dad and his drunkard buddies teamed up to form their own "Speshal force".

They look worse than a damn Iraqi militia.. no... worse than a somalian pirate.... This really, truly, can't be it.
Please tell me these guys are just joking, what with the cheshire cat smile and all. That's a troll face if I've ever seen one.
Especially with ganjeri Ajay Devgan in the bottom left corner.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
It looks like either one of the two -
1- They're trolling us
2- My dad and his drunkard buddies teamed up to form their own "Speshal force".

They look worse than a damn Iraqi militia.. no... worse than a somalian pirate.... This really, truly, can't be it.
Please tell me these guys are just joking, what with the cheshire cat smile and all. That's a troll face if I've ever seen one.
Especially with ganjeri Ajay Devgan in the bottom left corner.
That's basically getting the teams to cooperate while holding a gun. The gun in this case is the AKM. No point in getting Tavor and M4A1 when your composite SF platoon have no synchronization and interoperability.

Waanar

Country flag
That's basically getting the teams to cooperate while holding a gun. The gun in this case is the AKM. No point in getting Tavor and M4A1 when your composite SF platoon have no synchronization and interoperability.
Man, this is a very poor excuse.
It's not like Tavor fires some super duper nuclear charged round. There's no point in getting AKM when the standard issue weapon, the one they're trained on, is Tavor and M4a1.
Even if it's the most basic of the basic infantry training, there should still be a similarity to live-fire situations.
The only similarity with reality I see is that diver's pervert smile like he's going to rape some Jihadis.

upload_2019-10-18_17-59-26.jpeg

If it was like, preparation for something like weapon familiarization with the shittiest thing you can find doing FID, it's understandable.
Anything else and it makes no sense.
I mean... just borrow something from RR, will you?

Noname34

Country flag
Man, this is a very poor excuse.
It's not like Tavor fires some super duper nuclear charged round. There's no point in getting AKM when the standard issue weapon, the one they're trained on, is Tavor and M4a1.
Even if it's the most basic of the basic infantry training, there should still be a similarity to live-fire situations.
The only similarity with reality I see is that diver's pervert smile like he's going to rape some Jihadis.

View attachment 39463
If it was like, preparation for something like weapon familiarization with the shittiest thing you can find doing FID, it's understandable.
Anything else and it makes no sense.
I mean... just borrow something from RR, will you?
Maybe what happened here was that they had to salvage from the left outs in the local armoury.

Remember something from sometime back that when a new para regiment was created and inducted to Kashmir it had to use Insas rifles as they didn't have M4s/Tavors yet.

If true it shows just how rotten the whole system is.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
I mean they exclusively have Tavors and M4s when operating in J&K so I don’t think that’s quite the case.

Instead I think they clearly don’t have enough modern(ish) gear and there’s clearly no interest in standards.....what are those to the Indian military?
Wait until Ak203 s started production, then they may ditch the remaining vanila Aks. Its still disturbing to see regular Paras and even SF to spot with vanila Aks or Aks modified with just a quad rail and not a collapsible stock.
Btw Sudden resurgence in the number of mofified Ak103s or Ak203s used by various Spetsnaz units bears the testimony that Aks in 7.62x39 hadnt faded.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Gujarat cadre, 1985 batch officer Anup Kumar Singh is the new DG of NSG. The 37th anniversary of the black cats, earlier this week, saw their grand function being presided over by DG ITBP SS Deshwal, who was holding Additional charge of the force.

NSG being the most equipped and refined SOF in the country despitr being headed by IPS cadre with zero SOF concept understanding is still a miracle

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
NSG being the most equipped and refined SOF in the country despitr being headed by IPS cadre with zero SOF concept understanding is still a miracle
They are not a conventional sf force,per se.

They are more like the murican swat teams
And That's what they made for.

Its our fallacy to think of them as a conventional sf force rather than a police force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles