Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkhanna

Country flag
A lot of such folks in TA battalions, esp Home & Hearth units
The First Battalion of the Naga Regiment was raised from surrendered insurgents in the 1970s. Many militant commanders were given JCO rank right away.

Unknowncommando 2

Country flag
What's the 26 SCG ? Not all of them look like SAG. Disparity in kit is too Stark.
26 SCG has both SAG and SRG members. One thing more. No one is carrying Mp5 . Only SIGs and AKs. I hope they get their AKs/MDs upgraded with FAB Defence modifications while operating in Kashmir.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
For improving the efficiency of SF we need to spend more on them, say a average US soldier spends 12 hours in gun training session evey week and ours do 8 hours then we are lagging behind.

I don't know about sniper but we need to field more snipers in Kashmir during jehadi hunting.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yes CRPF have a lot of those. I wanted to confirm if there was this case in army as well.
I mean some of the NAGA guys or bodo militant could legit get in the army if they strike a peace deal.
Yeah........... There are many in Ghatak platoon of a specific force. Some rumors are also there of one specific unit. But no confirmation of it as yet.

Kumaoni21

Country flag
Lol the Markhor Goat of the 60th squadron RAF has to do with Celebrating its India/South Asian Origins. The Goat is found in the Kyber Pass and surrounding regions. Nothing to do with the Abrahamic "devil"
Sorry, brother i was not trying to associate the insignia with any force.
i was just saying it resemble or looks like "Baphomet" .

abingdonboy

Country flag
What's the 26 SCG ? Not all of them look like SAG. Disparity in kit is too Stark.
It seems to me that NSG has reorganised itself so that it’s operational elements are now these composite groups that are a mix of SRG and SAG that will operate together in a far more integrated manner for a single objective. Earlier there was news that NSG was removing SRG personnel from VVIP duties and re-training them for CT duties and I had wondered how they would fit into this role and it seems that SCGs are the answer.

A very unique solution it must be said and I expect the model was the CTTF (counter terror task force) based in Delhi that had long since been a mixed force but mostly 51 SAG operators and small units of SRG for support roles along will relevant BDS and sniper teams.

I just hope that NSG massively increases their pace of modernisation as there is a stark disparity in equipment between SAG and SRG, simply issuing a Mp-5 doesn’t make one a CT operator.

I think 52 SAG remains separate to this though, they remain 100% SAG only.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

*30 character rule
.PKs are good for RR ,but sad fact is that army is yet to realise it's potential and still relies on brens and non reliable Insas LMGs.
But as a MG for SF,PK fails short on many aspects.Its length, non disentegrating belts and metal mags all are a pain in the ass especially if you are going for an op deep inside enemy territory.Also the 7.62x54 ammo had to be imported,so is the non disintegrating mag belt.
It is high time to replace it.UKM-2013,Negev NG7 or Negev 5.56 ,PK Pencheng MG are all better replacement options.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag
Indian Army
Parachute Regiment
Special Forces
VZ 58
It's a bad decision that SF is reluctant to refurbish and modify VZ 58s with FAB accessories.That weapon with its better ergonomics,accuracy and rate of fire is much better than Ak and would be comparable with any modern weapon if pimped up with right after market accessories provided by FAB or Zahal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles