Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Bhai these prestitutes are spreading nonsense. Quoting an unnammed army officer whose identity cannot be revealed is a old trick in the presstitute SOP to lend some credibility to his farticle. Just ignore them.
Comming to the IAF commando he has fought against 6 terrorist and blocked their exit and in the process made the supreme sacrifice. To me it is an act deserving Ashok Chakra.
Lets wait for few days till the news comes.There was nothing mentioned in the press conference by the Army Generals.

Willy2

Look at dude in red shirt. He is giving suppress fire on enemy . Thats not possible with bullpup.
Why ? is't bullpup just "gun mechanism behind trigger to shorten the length" ? so what stop it from doing this ?

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Why ? is't bullpup just "gun mechanism behind trigger to shorten the length" ? so what stop it from doing this ?
As you know in Bullpup action takes behind trigger. It means front part will be too light( as mechanism is loaded at back , center of mass will shift to butt). Operator can hold trigger with one hand and magazine with other hand ( I am talking about Bullpup) and he can shoot just like Red shirt dude is doing but as I said center of mass is concentrated towards rear , as operator fire his bullpup rifle his muzzle will shoot upward thus missing is area of target. So such act will be useless from my point of view. I may be wrong. But this is what I heard from others.
And bullpup are huge drawback for left handers. I don't know whether Israeli fellas made another alternative or not .

Willy2

And bullpup are huge drawback for left handers. I don't know whether Israeli fellas made another alternative or not .
Thanks , I think IWI must have made a lefty version of tavor .They are too professional not to do that

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Thanks , I think IWI must have made a lefty version of tavor .They are too professional not to do that
Yes , I read somewhere on internet. Now we can shift round shell ejector to left side for left hand operators but price may vary.

devhensh

Yes, you are right ! Switching the ejection port from right side to left side is a very easy and basic function, which can be done at user level and was always a part of Tavor ...The vedio below shows, how easy it is......but i am not sure if soldiers in our army are allowed to do even such basic changes......

Bullpup rifles are usually not favoured by special forces world over(M4, HK416, SCAR like conventional layouts are prefered)....but since all three of our SFs(PARA, MARCO & GARUD), prefer Tavors....i am sure it's a very very good weapon with covers all scenarios....... (Tavor is highly regarded for CQB even in US where AR15 is the God !)

Also, it's going to get very interesting as IWI has launced TAVOR 7 (in 7.62x51)..The Galil Ace and Tavor 7, both will be frontrunners in the Army Global tender for 7.62x51 rifles...Both very good and proven designs...

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag

Just as an FYI

the Orginal TAR-21 (Which we field) has many issues. Its an unbalanced weapon which is butt heavy and the barrel tends to point up and needs constant readjusting.
To the point that when Operators know that they are about to enter a close range firefight they will take the slings off.

I highly doubt the TAR is more accurate than the M-4. but could be more reliable in the different terrains we operate in (but somebody has to confirm).

PS. the Original TAR has been discontinued for the Israeli DFs. The new Tavor's are being rolled out to them. ANd ironically (as somebody stated above) the primary SOF weapon of choice for the israelis (like a bunch of the world) is still the AR based platform.

Regarding JVPC. 1000 round testing on the range is too little to draw any conclusions. and also the soldier doesnt say anything about accuracy

Immanuel

Country flag
Having fired the civilian versions of Smith & Wesson MP15 AR, Tavor and SCAR-H during a recent trip to Michigan, I personally prefer the Tavor or SCAR, Tavor's ease of use makes it a no brainer, point and shoot, the M4 is slightly more accurate while SCAR is the badesst weapon I have ever fired. Loved the quality of all the weapons. I can see why professional SF units choose on of the 3. Love the balance of the Tavor, trigger action of the SCAR, however with the AR I was the most consistent with around 25 headshots from a 30 round mag while at a range of arond 50-75 meters. SCAR-H packs a punch, I can assume in full auto it needs a person to be trained a bit, the recoil though manageble tends to have an impact on the shoulders, but hey I was firing in my T-shirt with no padding seen on most modern plate carriers. During this time I also fired the FNX .45 pistol, what an amazing pistol.

The AR and Tavor are ideal for double tap use, the recoil is quite low and one can easily lay down 2 shots with in an inch. SCAR-H is a one shot kill weapon, hit anywhere above the waistline and one goes down, however in a double tap, I could manage around 5inches of round separation. I guess the pros can get it down to with-in a couple of inches.

The SCAR is also louder, it's a scare the piss out of your pants weapon and I was nervous when I held it the first time. Next time I'll try to fire the SCAR-L.

rkhanna

Country flag
Keep in mind Tavor ( from what I remember reading) the tavors in the us civvie market are the new ones which IDF uses and not the first gen ones we use.

Their balance and other stats are not exactly comparable.

binayak95

Country flag
Keep in mind Tavor ( from what I remember reading) the tavors in the us civvie market are the new ones which IDF uses and not the first gen ones we use.

Their balance and other stats are not exactly comparable.
You're right, sir. IWI did introduce the original TAR-21 into the US civvie market, but that has now been replaced by the X-95, the newer version...

That reminds me, I think the Garuds have been issued the X-95, based on the pics that emerged out of the Blue Flag exercise.

rkhanna

Country flag
You're right, sir. IWI did introduce the original TAR-21 into the US civvie market, but that has now been replaced by the X-95, the newer version...

That reminds me, I think the Garuds have been issued the X-95, based on the pics that emerged out of the Blue Flag exercise.
The Garuds i think are using the MTAR/CTAR. the X95 is the 2nd gen MTAR (but i could be wrong).

the X95 was selected over the TAR-21 as the standard issue AR for IDF infantry

From Wiki

"The Tavor X95 can be easily distinguished from the TAR-21 (as well as from CTAR-21, STAR-21, and GTAR-21) by the location of the cocking handle. An X95 cocking handle is closer to the pistol grip, while a TAR-21 cocking handle is closer to the muzzle. The stock was also slightly redesigned"

This went a long way into fixing the balance issue with the TAR21
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tavor_X95

BTW

Supposedly (as per wiki) CRPF has ordered 12000 X-95s and CRPF commanders prefer it to the AK

Last edited:

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Okay..i think the Garud operator who got matyred recently needs to be awarded Ashok Chakra for his bravery.Ashok Chakra is equivalent to Pram Vir chakra in war.

He neutralized 3 terrorists and heres his story.

"Corporal Nirala, who was holding a Light Machine Gun, immediately fired back at the fleeing terrorists. With accurate and heavy fire, he killed two to three terrorists and stopped the movement of others," said the official, who did not wish to be named. "But while doing so, he changed his position without caring for his own safety and was hit by a bullet."
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/bef...ts-garud-commando-killed-3-in-kashmir-1777887

My friend in the Ghatak was given a Kirti Chakra for a similar action(bren LMG) but he walked out of it alive.For his supreme sacrifice he should be awarded the highest award Ashok Chakra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles