Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

binayak95

Country flag
MARCOS did not thwart the coup.

The Army gave a call to the Navy to intercept the ship and this is when the MARCOS on INS Godavari(if i am not wrong) came in and got the mercenaries.
A small detail, but IN MRASW aircraft were the ones who first picked up the ship as it was leaving Male harbour.

The Marcos were brought aboard the Godavari from India (along with a hostage negotiation team).

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
A small detail, but IN MRASW aircraft were the ones who first picked up the ship as it was leaving Male harbour.

The Marcos were brought aboard the Godavari from India (along with a hostage negotiation team).
Yes and it was due to the unusual track of the ship it was picked up early on a busy shipping route.Thanks for the indirect RL round ricocheting off the water and hitting the rudder.

As once a Marcos told me...firefights in land are dangerous but in water are 10 times more dangerous coz of no cover available.

This op was a true tri service ops.

binayak95

Country flag
Yes and it was due to the unusual track of the ship it was picked up early on a busy shipping route.Thanks for the indirect RL round ricocheting off the water and hitting the rudder.

As once a Marcos told me...firefights in land are dangerous but in water are 10 times more dangerous coz of no cover available.

This op was a true tri service ops.
Again sir, a small detail. I had no idea about the RL round!! Thank you.

About the firefight on water, its true about the lack of cover, the biggest danger is a fire onboard. Ironical, considering that the ship is surrounded by water.

Eventually, it was INS Betwa, which stopped the merchant vessel. Her twin 4.5 inch main guns made short work of the hull.

indiandefencefan

Country flag

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag

indiandefencefan

Country flag
GARUD didn't carry their own gear?
Even in many YouTube videos I noticed that during yudh abhyas with US Army, our boys wore their helmets and BPJ.
It is common practice for a visiting nation's forces to use the gear of the host nation in to to familiarize themselves with different gear and promote inter-operability.
If you look at pictures of the ongoing exercise between India and Bangladesh, you can notice Bangladeshi jawans in certain practices using our gear.

More examples

Indian army using Omani Augs

IA using American M4s (foreground) and American helmets (background - left)

Last edited:

indiandefencefan

Country flag
Thats a bummer! I thought it was FAST for Garud units.
Unfortunately no. Garuds are however being equipped with new PASGT helmets by MKU.

Seeing the current scenario in J&K and the recent martyrdom of Garud personnel, I personally wouldn't recommend FAST helmets for our jawans as they cover lesser surface area than a PASGT helmet they are currently equipped with. For COIN ops in J&K where close range firefights are a norm, even a Patka will perform a better role than a FAST helmet in providing better protection from all directions.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
These kinds of school came up because except the infantryman the standards of skill of other arms EME,ASC,Enggs etc who are not a fighting arm but have to still serve the RR was found to be very low.

Troops from these branches used to empty all the ammo in a short period of time firing burst shots like terrorists.They also did not have much idea about taxing cover.

So a decision was taken to make sure everyone trains here before being deployed.The training is not too tough for infatrymen standards but others find it tough.

Many SFs have come here to train and have went after learning a lot!!!

Immanuel

Country flag
The Worlds toughest patrol - Cambrian Patrol !!

Was this training for the Cambrian patrol since this seems like this footage is from India while the actual excercise happens in the Cambrian mountains in wales.

While I appreciate this excercise and the learnings that comes from it, the world's toughgest trek in reality has to be trek from Siachen base camp to the glacier.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Was this training for the Cambrian patrol since this seems like this footage is from India while the actual excercise happens in the Cambrian mountains in wales.

While I appreciate this excercise and the learnings that comes from it, the world's toughgest trek in reality has to be trek from Siachen base camp to the glacier.
Yes this is the preparation for the Cambrian patrol i think.

This exercise like many others is just for showing off the skill and training.

The Indian Army patrol/ops in Kashmir lasts 7-9 days without any air support at a place which is hours or sometimes days from the roads.

Immanuel

Country flag
Yes this is the preparation for the Cambrian patrol i think.

This exercise like many others is just for showing off the skill and training.

The Indian Army patrol/ops in Kashmir lasts 7-9 days without any air support at a place which is hours or sometimes days from the roads.
True, heck even Cobra units often go out for 10-14 days in maoist infested jungles while living off the land, cambrian patrol should be child's play for most hardened infantry let alone SF

aditya g

Country flag
What's with the English motivation speech in the beginning?

The commando wing belgaum conducts a prep course for Cambrian patrol.

While real combat is tougher, the patrol is more than an exercise - it's also a competition with other armies.

The Worlds toughest patrol - Cambrian Patrol !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles