Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR I always wonder why isn't there any information or proper documentaries on the Indian SF community at large
and how would you rate our SF community with other tire 1 teams in the world like the Polish GROM or the Canadian JTF-2
and on the celoyn scenario what is your assessment of Indian SF operations

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR I always wonder why isn't there any information or proper documentaries on the Indian SF community at large
and how would you rate our SF community with other tire 1 teams in the world like the Polish GROM or the Canadian JTF-2
and on the celoyn scenario what is your assessment of Indian SF operations
The information about all these operations are not there in the public domain due to the secretive nature of the attitude of our armed forces officers.We have to understand that many of the people were working at a time when USA was not considered friendly and had forced restrictions on us.Only recently has things started to open up and more things will come out slowly.

Personally if you ask me i would say that SF,nukes and other strategic weapons should be boasted about.The best weapons are those which are never used.

Polish GROM,Canadian JTF-2,Seals,KSK(my favorite) etc are highly trained and respected units.

We are on the way to being there at the top in terms of the technical side of things.Like for example the education of a operator,the weapon,the gear,his diet,first aid,intel,etc which act as a force multiplier in any situation.This is the only thing we slight lack in.

In terms of skill our guys are pretty good with the weapons.But i personally feel that we must organize classes from top firearms experts on a regular basis.The Para SF gets such classes but i dont know how frequently do these take place.The martial arts classes i know for a fact are regular as one of the best martial arts instructor takes them regularly in Nahan during the refreshers course.

In terms of leadership,experience and planning i think we are at the top with the best of the best.Even better than some.

Things could go better if we could organize the Para SF in a better way or if we could come up with SOCOM.

All in all the thing is that we have come a long way since the 80s and which is showing.We are 90% there in my view and soon our SF men will get the best.The men dont need to be better coz they are right up there.Only the technical side needs to improve for them.

Lastly,the thinking of the Army officers from non infantry units needs to change also.They should not think of SF as a Infantry battalion.Then only their true potential can be realised which even Gen Katoch highlighted in his book.

I was shocked to hear Major Gaurav Arya say that "every Para guy says Para is best coz its Indian Army ethos as i am a Kumaon unit officer and for me Kumaon is the best".

This kind of attitude led to the deployment of 9 Para SF on Kargil!!

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
These P90s should be replaced by MSMC.

The elite forces should set an example for others in the Army.
Lol...It's like army should replace T.
SFF got Aks back in late 60s and post operation bluestar the captured Aks from Sikh terrorists could have been went for atleast the 9th,10th or 1st Paras.So technically speaking army had got Aks way before 87

Immanuel

Country flag
The information about all these operations are not there in the public domain due to the secretive nature of the attitude of our armed forces officers.We have to understand that many of the people were working at a time when USA was not considered friendly and had forced restrictions on us.Only recently has things started to open up and more things will come out slowly.

Personally if you ask me i would say that SF,nukes and other strategic weapons should be boasted about.The best weapons are those which are never used.

Polish GROM,Canadian JTF-2,Seals,KSK(my favorite) etc are highly trained and respected units.

We are on the way to being there at the top in terms of the technical side of things.Like for example the education of a operator,the weapon,the gear,his diet,first aid,intel,etc which act as a force multiplier in any situation.This is the only thing we slight lack in.

In terms of skill our guys are pretty good with the weapons.But i personally feel that we must organize classes from top firearms experts on a regular basis.The Para SF gets such classes but i dont know how frequently do these take place.The martial arts classes i know for a fact are regular as one of the best martial arts instructor takes them regularly in Nahan during the refreshers course.

In terms of leadership,experience and planning i think we are at the top with the best of the best.Even better than some.

Things could go better if we could organize the Para SF in a better way or if we could come up with SOCOM.

All in all the thing is that we have come a long way since the 80s and which is showing.We are 90% there in my view and soon our SF men will get the best.The men dont need to be better coz they are right up there.Only the technical side needs to improve for them.

Lastly,the thinking of the Army officers from non infantry units needs to change also.They should not think of SF as a Infantry battalion.Then only their true potential can be realised which even Gen Katoch highlighted in his book.

I was shocked to hear Major Gaurav Arya say that "every Para guy says Para is best coz its Indian Army ethos as i am a Kumaon unit officer and for me Kumaon is the best".

This kind of attitude led to the deployment of 9 Para SF on Kargil!!
Well based on ops, tactics and missions so far, I would already rate Para SF along side Delta and Navy Seals.

Sorry but Polish Grom, JTF2 can't be put in the same league as Para SF simply because they don't have the same kind of terrain based training that Para SF does. Few SF are all weather and terrain capable, Para SF, SAS, Seals (ST6), Spetznas, Green berets are the only ones I can think of. While these units usually rank a bit higher due to modern equipment. Para SF is perhaps the one of the only forces which has mastered all terrains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles