Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I don't think current batch of terrorist have RPG's /heavy rocket in kashmir ? or.....am I wrong ?
You are right.

Back in the 90s they used to open attack with RPGs.

They almost got my old man in one such attack.

Those were the days when their numbers were not couple of hundreds but couple of thousands.

Many times RR caught missiles with them that were solar activated and even HMGs.

IndiaRising

Country flag
For argument sake, how does 9SF compare to 1, 4, 10 (my favorite) and 21SF?
in surgical strikes, it was 9 and 4 Para SF. major mike tango was from 4 Para SF as well. is there a hierarchy for Para SF battalions to be chosen for operations or just the prerogative of the senior level officers to make the decision?

IndiaRising

Country flag
You are right.

Back in the 90s they used to open attack with RPGs.

They almost got my old man in one such attack.

Those were the days when their numbers were not couple of hundreds but couple of thousands.

Many times RR caught missiles with them that were solar activated and even HMGs.
sir do you know anything about how officers are selected for RAW? im talking about field operatives. would they be ex-SF primarily or pretty much anyone (including civilians) can be chosen as well?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
For argument sake, how does 9SF compare to 1, 4, 10 (my favorite) and 21SF?
Look since these are all SF so all of them undergo tough probation.

I know a guy who went probation at 9SF and he doesn't want to go back. LoL and he is a 22 yr old infantry guy.

I think 9 and 21 are more comparable in the nature of operations they do.

1 is a tactical reserve in its true meaning.

4th is also a very good unit with proven record.

Mostly all Para units have seen some action or the other.But there is only one which is constantly at war against a tough enemy since a long time.

Some of the operators who got matyred and are our heros belong to 9SF.

All units are the same in equipment and training with everyone having operators for any kind of op.

But some have tasted more blood than others.

There are only a few unit in the Indian Army and Para SF whose every movement including the name of the CO and which officer is on leave etc are watched by ISI and SSG.

9 Para is that unit!

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
sir do you know anything about how officers are selected for RAW? im talking about field operatives. would they be ex-SF primarily or pretty much anyone (including civilians) can be chosen as well?
Mostly intel guys who have a good record(MI).SF guys can be choosen too.

They do civilian recruitment too.

My knowledge is limited about this.

IndiaRising

Country flag
i may never meet this man, but his actions and the actions of the men he led will forever be etched in the annals of history. it destroyed the fundamental premise behind which successive Indian governments feared taking action against Pakistan. The nuclear bluff was finally called and the so-called mard-e-momin completely exposed. this picture signifies this historic moment!!

PS: look at the size of that FUCKING ARM!!!!!!!!

aditya g

Country flag
Just realized that President Mukherjee and the ADC are actually standing one step higher than the good Major.

i may never meet this man, but his actions and the actions of the men he led will forever be etched in the annals of history. it destroyed the fundamental premise behind which successive Indian governments feared taking action against Pakistan. The nuclear bluff was finally called and the so-called mard-e-momin completely exposed. this picture signifies this historic moment!!

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Mostly intel guys who have a good record(MI).SF guys can be choosen too.

They do civilian recruitment too.

My knowledge is limited about this.
Back in 2011/12 there was entrance exam for RAW,I could say for sure that because I knew one person who got cleared and served until recently and got retired due to family pressures.But after that no exam was conducted .

Jay99

Country flag
The ADC is also from Para SF

Immanuel

Country flag
There are only a few unit in the Indian Army and Para SF whose every movement including the name of the CO and which officer is on leave etc are watched by ISI and SSG.

9 Para is that unit!
ISI and SSG watch for movements of all major commanders/ officers including SF in both Northern and Western Commands, but they hardly have any clue most of the time of movements of SF units/ Officers since there are is a lot of builtin deception in this, hence they are caught off guard in many cross border raids.

We have yet to see a single case in modern times where SF were deliberatly trapped because of their movements being tracked.

A lot changed after Sri-Lanka is this regard.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
ISI and SSG watch for movements of all major commanders/ officers including SF in both Northern and Western Commands, but they hardly have any clue most of the time of movements of SF units/ Officers since there are is a lot of builtin deception in this, hence they are caught off guard in many cross border raids.

We have yet to see a single case in modern times where SF were deliberatly trapped because of their movements being tracked.

A lot changed after Sri-Lanka is this regard.
They were tracking our surgical strike team.Its not over yet.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR @aditya g is it possible to use NSG for political purging.
Say if Kerala commies go full retard and declares separation from India, can they be used to raid top officials.
Only if there is a hostage situation then otherwise the local police can take care of them.NSG is the last option.

That will be a overkill.

Immanuel

Country flag
They were tracking our surgical strike team.Its not over yet.
They made their usual efforts to track but they were chasing ghosts. Enemy intel and recce efforts are always underway while SF plays a lot of deceptive moves to keep their movements hidden. They couldn't track the surgical strike teams till they were on the way back, post carnage.

mayfair

That speaks volumes of the skills of our SFs. Napakis as you claim WERE tracking their moves using probably human and e-intel. The Napaki ground forces were supposedly on "alert" and yet our men walked in, laid waste to multiple targets and walked out with nary a scratch.

On second thoughts, maybe our SFs need more challenging targets next.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
They made their usual efforts to track but they were chasing ghosts. Enemy intel and recce efforts are always underway while SF plays a lot of deceptive moves to keep their movements hidden. They couldn't track the surgical strike teams till they were on the way back, post carnage.
I am talking about post surgical strike tracking of their posting.

They once chased a Indian Army officer till Dehradun where he was posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles