Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

Vijay Singh Rawat was given a few minutes by the RR Major who wanted to blow up the house and was stopped by Vijay saying that "meray sahab ander hein" where Varun Singh was lying bleeding profusely.

Varun SIngh was the guy who was among the few soldiers caught in a surprise situation by a terrorist hidden in the backyard.While RR soldiers got paused or fixated by the situation Varun SIngh choked the trigger and killed the terrorist and in the process getting injured by a grenade and was saved by his pouch which he had changed a few days ago.

The helicopter pilots in this were also 50-50 on whether to fly or not coz it was getting dark and they didnt have the nav aids for night flying.But since they had met Varun SIngh a few days ago in a party they decided to go beyond the call of duty.

His survival is a miracle.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Indian Navy MARCOS during joint Indo - Russia military ex Indra 2017

~ Shatrujeet009​
Gotta ask, wtf are MARCOs doing training with Russian marines for convetional beach assualt? This isn't the role of SOFs.

With the non-existence of an Indian marine infantry unit this is what ends up happening.

Brahmaputra Mail 2

Country flag
in surgical strikes, it was 9 and 4 Para SF. major mike tango was from 4 Para SF as well. is there a hierarchy for Para SF battalions to be chosen for operations or just the prerogative of the senior level officers to make the decision?
Surgical strike was carried out under Northern Command. Northern Command has 4 & 9 para sf under its command.This is also the reason these two units were chosen for the strike, The CO of both the SF units were given the task to prepare the men. The COs delegated this task to their best officers. The troop commanders chose their men and then they carried out practice at their home bases before being flown into nearest Divisional HQs for carrying out the final OP (Surgical Strike).

rkhanna

Country flag
Why the hell is MARCOS training with Russian Naval Infantry and not their Naval Spetz unit!

And assaulting and taking a beach head with MP-5s?

Guess when the brass asks for a Dog and Pony show they get one.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Who told you that?! Your understanding of the SFF and Tibetians who serve / have served in it is really warped.
Did Gyalo Thondup, the Dalai Lama’s elder brother, give the directives to the Tibetan soldiers to join the Bangladesh war or was it someone else?

The directive came from the department of security of the Central Tibetan Administration in Dharamshala.

The department had called us for a meeting. They told us that there was no alternative but to go to war “for India.”

Moreover, they told us that the Indian government was in a very critical situation at that time and our participation in the war could help save a lot of Indian lives.

https://www.tibetsun.com/interviews/2012/01/10/the-tibetans-who-fought-the-1971-war

Dapon Ratuk Ngawang commanded the Tibetan secret regiment, known as the Special Frontier Forces or Establishment 22 which took part in the Bangladesh Liberation War in 1971.

Immanuel

Country flag
SFF is not under the control of his holiness. His holiness is a wise man and rather peaceful man, he knows a war is not needed. But when the PLA comes knocking he knows India will have Tibet's back 100%. Moreso, he is more of a Spiritual leader, though he might have a big say in the future of tibet, he will have little effect once Tibet joins the greater Indian democracy, the bureacracy will be made up people of at that point erstwhileTAR and some Indian Tibetans. SFF contrary to what people believe in is one of the prime go to units for the RAW, which has seen them particpate in many cross border raids/ deep cover long term intel/recce ops on both fronts.

Immanuel

Country flag
Moreso, SFF is now at parity with the IA as well, clearly indicating a realignment of sort for the Force as far as structure and leadership is concerned. Today' SFF troopers aren't necessarily Indo-tibetans and many of them come from other parts of the the country.

rkhanna

Country flag
Did Gyalo Thondup, the Dalai Lama’s elder brother, give the directives to the Tibetan soldiers to join the Bangladesh war or was it someone else?

The directive came from the department of security of the Central Tibetan Administration in Dharamshala.

The department had called us for a meeting. They told us that there was no alternative but to go to war “for India.”

Moreover, they told us that the Indian government was in a very critical situation at that time and our participation in the war could help save a lot of Indian lives.

https://www.tibetsun.com/interviews/2012/01/10/the-tibetans-who-fought-the-1971-war

Dapon Ratuk Ngawang commanded the Tibetan secret regiment, known as the Special Frontier Forces or Establishment 22 which took part in the Bangladesh Liberation War in 1971.

Bro. the SFF was formed in 1962 WITH THE SOLE PURPOSE of Intervention in China. a Mere 10 years later they were being asked to deploy to fight an enemy they had no knowledge about.

Then in the 80s the SFF went through a re-think and restructuring - They have served in Siachen, Punjab, Kashmir, the Kargil War and a number of other places that cant be mentioned here. with Aplomb.

I understand where you are coming from on a lot of things. but in a number of cases your "book" knowledge is out of sync with ground realities.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Bro. the SFF was formed in 1962 WITH THE SOLE PURPOSE of Intervention in China. a Mere 10 years later they were being asked to deploy to fight an enemy they had no knowledge about.

Then in the 80s the SFF went through a re-think and restructuring - They have served in Siachen, Kashmir, the Kargil War with Aplomb.

I understand where you are coming from on a lot of things. but in a number of cases your "book" knowledge is out of sync with ground realities.
Firstly,

Dapon Ratuk Ngawang is not COLDHEARTED AVIATOR but a TIBETAN officer connected to more ground reality than you and me.

Secondly,

Tibet Sun is a pro Tibet non Chinese website which has no reason to share propaganda.

You said i was warped but the fact of the matter is it is a statement by a Tibetan which you are trying to defend.

And i dont think you are connected to "ground realities" any better than I am.

Lastly,I am both a book worm and connected to as much ground reality as anyone on this forum can claim to be.

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag
You have conveniently sidestepped what i pointed out about the article mentioning something in 1971.

The SFF was founded in 1962 by RAW and the CIA with the sole tasking of sabotage inside China Controlled Tibet. The first recruits were Khampas. Being Fierce Warroirs and deeply religious they had to take guidance and permission from the Lama to fight under an Indian flag.

We are now in 2017.

If you cant process data/information in relation of context you are always going to end up with a negative result.

Secondly, honestly i am too old to argue with somebody on the internet. You are free to believe what you wish and want.

Lastly,I am both a book worm and connected to as much ground reality as anyone on this forum can claim to be.
Sure, if you say so. You havnt understood the point i tried to make.

BUT if you do wish to educate yourself - if you live in the NCR region - i will give you a shout next time I am visiting and will personally introduce you to two ex Tibetian SFF vets who are family friends.

Bahamut

Gotta ask, wtf are MARCOs doing training with Russian marines for convetional beach assualt? This isn't the role of SOFs.

With the non-existence of an Indian marine infantry unit this is what ends up happening.
India never had a expedition force like VDV or marine Corp. This due nehru mindset of civilian who feared that such a power projection force will harm our democracy and non violence bullshit. We saw what happened in Sri Lanka. India needs a expedition force similar to marine corps to dominate IOR. Just a force of 30,000 will be enough.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
You have conveniently sidestepped what i pointed out about the article mentioning something in 1971.

The SFF was founded in 1962 by RAW and the CIA with the sole tasking of sabotage inside China Controlled Tibet. The first recruits were Khampas. Being Fierce Warroirs and deeply religious they had to take guidance and permission from the Lama to fight under an Indian flag.

We are now in 2017.

If you cant process data/information in relation of context you are always going to end up with a negative result.

Secondly, honestly i am too old to argue with somebody on the internet. You are free to believe what you wish and want.

Sure, if you say so. You havnt understood the point i tried to make.

BUT if you do wish to educate yourself - if you live in the NCR region - i will give you a shout next time I am visiting and will personally introduce you to two ex Tibetian SFF vets who are family friends.
Cool,I will be glad to meet them.I am in India until december and then i am off to Europe for a few months.

I believe if we raise a SF unit it should be ready to deal with any threat to our flag at any point of time.The question of involving Lama doesnt even rise.We are not running a airsoft tournament.

“Indira Gandhi wired a message to the Tibetan fighters: ‘We cannot compel you to fight a war for us, but General AAK Niazi (the commander in East Pakistan) is treating the people of East Pakistan very badly, the same way the Chinese are treating the Tibetans in Tibet. We’d appreciate your help to liberate the people of Bangladesh.”
If this is what we are upto my question is what advantage do we have to keep them.

The thing i posted is of a high ranking official who was very respected.

You cannot just wrong every fact written in a book or every material or interview records available on the internet coz someone in real life told you something else.

There should be a balanced approach with a neutral mindset.

I will tell you what the ground reality is in 2017.

We have raised 3 SF units in the East with the sole purpose of countering China and insurgency.SFF is not as important to us as it used to be.Incase of a short war with China the larger picture will be painted by the 21,11 and 12 SF units.

I have spent 10 years on internet forums and i am used to all kinds of rumors.

As for the reply to your claim of me sidestepping the issue raised by you this is the answer

I, ________________ do swear in the name of god that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the constitution of India as by the law established and that I will, as in duty bound, honesty and faithfully serve in the regular army of the union of India and go wherever ordered by land, sea or air and that I will observe and obey all commands of the president of the union of India, and the commands of any officer set over even to the peril of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles