Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Only with Marcos in limited numbers. They are mostly spotted with Galil.
Para sf use Galil sniper SA Range for 1000 Meters and can be extended with Laser finder upto 1500m

Which you haven't prove in any of your post and when i asked you which DMR gives you the anti sniping capability and to penetrate hardened cover at distance, you said we are not discussing Anti sniper ability.

I bet in real war scenario as a SVD Marksmen against a Sniper, you would prefer a loud speaker with you to shout "DMR is always the best option in real battle filed" because you will unable to engage that sniper at long range picking your team at distance.

http://www.israel-weapon.com/files/brochure_2012/IWI_GALIL_SNIPER_SA.pdf

Non-PoliticalA 4th Para SF Operator Of The Indian Army Aims His 7.62mm Galil Sniper During Exercise Vajra Prahar

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/re-arming-the-indian-armys-troops-with-lethal-modern-weapons-505844

Nevertheless many experts are Beleive that SVD still has relevance.This is one of the platforms that doesn't need replacements, there can be additional DMR platforms like AR10, M14EBRmod0 if needed, but with a match boat tail, the SVD is still relevant and will remain so till we have conventional rifle systems in existence.

@milspec is expert MoD on PDF if you are on Forum contact Him
Again, my friend the point was not Paki holding better position and Omaha beach etc.
My point was which Misred was Pakistanis were in better Positions
Like we hold in Siachen Over 200 of there Men Died In attempt on Assault of Bana Top

I never questioned their capabilities as Marksman/ Sniper but they should take part in such competition - That was my opinion.

You just made that out of thin air.
The Participated in Russia this year they came sixth Position in competition

Last edited:

armyofhind

Country flag
Para sf use Galil sniper SA Range for 1000 Meters and can be extended with Laser finder upto 1500m
Thats wrong.

Putting a laser rangefinder onto a weapon or scope mount does nothing to increase the power of the round, which in the case of the Galatz is NATO 7.62x51mm.

Even to shoot with 7.62x51mm beyond 800m would need a marksman having really good skills.

For engagements beyond 1000m, you need a larger calibre of .338 Lapua Magnum or possibly 0.50 BMG.

Last edited:

WARREN SS

Country flag
Thats wrong.

Putting a laser rangefinder onto a weapon or scope mount does nothing to increase the power of the round, which in the case fo the Galatz is NATO 7.62x51mm.

Even to shoot with 7.62x51mm beyond 800m would need a marksman having really good skills.

For engagements beyond 1000m, you need a larger calibre of .338 Lapua Magnum or possibly 0.50 BMG.
Do you Know what Marksmen stand for ?.Never the less a Ultra elite Sniper will target you at using Old Snipers

AS My friend quoted above that we need Standard 1000 DMR good rifle He has give me

Russian Standard sniper Rifle is example
SV-98 use 7.62×54mmR
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SV-98

IWI_GALIL_SNIPER_SA-page-001.jpg

armyofhind

Country flag
Do you Know what Marksmen stand for ???

AS My friend quoted above that we need 1000 DMR good rifle He has give me

Russian Standard sniper Rifle is
SV-98 use 7.62×54mmR
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SV-98

View attachment 10019
Yep, thats what I said. MAximum distance you could engage with a Galatz is upto 1000m.

Not "Put a laser range-finder on it and extend its range to 1500m" . It doesnt work like that.

For beyond 1000m, you need a lapua magnum or 50 BMG.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Yep, thats what I said. MAximum distance you could engage with a Galatz is upto 1000m.

Not "Put a laser range-finder on it and extend its range to 1500m" . It doesnt work like that.

For beyond 1000m, you need a lapua magnum or 50 BMG.
do you even No the history of sniping 1000 yrds is not piece cake even with Such rounds you probability of Standing target is below 30%
Let Moving target alone

How many thousand yard Snipers you Know there breed is very rare

SCAR-H
Mark 20 Sniper Support Rifle (SSR)

Last edited:

armyofhind

Country flag
do you even No the history of sniping 1000 yrds is not piece cake even with Such rounds you probability of Standing target is below 30%
Let Moving target alone

How many thousand yard Snipers you Know there breed is very rare
First of all, yard and metre is not the same. Thats basic 9th grade physics.

Secondly, do not try to divert the topic from the complete bullshit statement you made that "putting on a rangefinder increases the range of a rifle by 500 metres" by questioning my knowledge of sniping.

As far as my knowledge of sniping is concerned, its better than yours. I know better than to make baseless statements.

As for your question of saying how many thousand yard snipers I know, and the breed is very rare, educate yourself with the following.

Corporal Craig Harrison
Corporal Rob Furlong

Master Corporal Arron Perry
Sgt. Brian Kremer
Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Nicholas Ranstad
Chris Kyle
Corporal Christopher Reynolds
Staff Sgt. Steve Reichert

Billy Dixon
Sergeant Vladimir Ilyin
Sgt. First Class Brandon McGuire

Not a SINGLE ONE of these greater than 1000m kills has been done with a 7.62x51mm NATO round.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

Secondly, do not try to divert the topic from the complete bullshit statement you made that "putting on a rangefinder increases the range of a rifle by 500 metres" by questioning my knowledge of sniping.

As far as my knowledge of sniping is concerned, its better than yours. I know better than to make baseless statements.

As for your question of saying how many thousand yard snipers I know, and the breed is very rare, educate yourself with the following.

Corporal Craig Harrison
Corporal Rob Furlong

Master Corporal Arron Perry
Sgt. Brian Kremer
Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Nicholas Ranstad
Chris Kyle
Corporal Christopher Reynolds
Staff Sgt. Steve Reichert

Billy Dixon
Sergeant Vladimir Ilyin
Sgt. First Class Brandon McGuire

Not a SINGLE ONE of these greater than 1000m kills has been done with a 7.62x51mm NATO round.
Basically the original Galil was also meant to engage targets at 600 mts max.

Last year, When a 3rd Kumaon JCO was martyred by Paki Sniper, his most of the head was missing and the family were stopped to see the entire body. He was from Uttarakhand.

Probably it was .50 BMG used by their Mujahid regt which is composed of half terrorists (mujahids) and half soldiers.

armyofhind

Country flag
Basically the original Galil was also meant to engage targets at 600 mts max.

Last year, When a 3rd Kumaon JCO was martyred last year by Paki Sniper, his most of the head was missing and the family were stopped to see the entire body. He was from Uttarakhand.

Probably it was .50 BMG used by their Mujahid regt which is composed of half terrorists (mujahids) and half soldiers.
Thats Sad to know.
.50 BMG is probably the most devastating round one could have for use in a sniper rifle.

How do we respond to such unprovocated sniper attacks? Blood for Blood?

WARREN SS

Country flag

So That's Makes Makes you Ego Boost Know Clapping You behaving like fanboy Now :scared2:

Probably Miffed by Rapping you get At PARA SF Department

As For Laser Finder update you Knowledge
Check Specs Some of the Nato standard Military grade Rangefinders And its ranges

https://www.jenoptik.com/us-military-handheld-laser-rangefinder

Just think a Elite Marksmen can do with this Equipments
Sergeant Vladimir Ilyin Made recorded Shot of 1,350 m With Standard SVD With same 7.62 x54mm The Name Which you Copy Paste Without reading Just think What can he done With Modern Equipments

Staff Sergeant Jim Gilliland Made 1,250 m With M 24

these conducted When these Modern Equipment was Not Available but As the time changing Sniping is also modified

Last edited:

WARREN SS

Country flag

Bornubus

original Galil Rifle And Galil Sniper SA are both Different Guns
Rifle not Gun. Learn the difference.

Secondly Most of their Galil are older variant, i've seen very few Newer variant comes with black Polymer.

Thirdly we about talking about the general lack of Sniper Rifles with Army not Para.

Bornubus

Thats Sad to know.
.50 BMG is probably the most devastating round one could have for use in a sniper rifle.

How do we respond to such unprovocated sniper attacks? Blood for Blood?
That is my concern, the lack of long range snipers, not only for SF but for front line Troops. In the past our response was always disproportionate.

AFAIK our front line troops only have Vidhwansak, which is too bulky ( 25 kg) compared with Paki Barrett (15 kg)

FOP.JPG

Back in 90s and before 2003, when Pakis deployed their 12.7 DSHK, our troops fucked them with NSV and older Browning M2. Generally they fire with their MG 3 and Indians responded with MMG.

Now they are using zu 23 and L 70 in Ground Attack Mode better than any HMG pakis Have credit @Kunal Biswas

WARREN SS

Country flag
Rifle not Gun. Learn the difference.
Galil Assault Rifle Satisfied It was Just mistake And yes i Know there Difference That What I Don' Like is IDF
People Get here Miffed So Easily When they are challenged

Secondly Most of their Galil are older variant, i've seen very few Newer variant comes with black Polymer.

Thirdly we about talking about the general lack of Sniper Rifles with Army not Para.
Army Establishment Is useless In Ordering or Weapon Selection they Usually As far I Know SF has few Hungarian .50 cal GM6 Lynx purchased by Antony in 2008
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gepárd_anti-materiel_rifle#cite_note-6

I Don't Why there not getting What they want

Navy Is Better They Just ordered

177 Sniper in First Batch For Marcos .300 WSM Tika T3.They Will order further After First hand Experience

NSG use Barrett 98B As Far i Know over 500 guns are Being Procured Which only Seen At PathanKot attack
Before It was Force one Mumbai Police Who was using Barett M82

Bornubus

That What I Don' Like is IDF
Nobody cares, this is a defense forum not Orkut or Paki forum where you are copying the posts all along.

Other than that, there is nothing more to discuss with you.

NAVY is better, 177 sniper for Marcos etc are just news in public domain and just a boring chatter.

armyofhind

Country flag
So That's Makes Makes you Ego Boost Know Clapping You behaving like fanboy Now :scared2:

Probably Miffed by Rapping you get At PARA SF Department

As For Laser Finder update you Knowledge
Check Specs Some of the Nato standard Military grade Rangefinders And its ranges

https://www.jenoptik.com/us-military-handheld-laser-rangefinder

Just think a Elite Marksmen can do with this Equipments
Sergeant Vladimir Ilyin Made recorded Shot of 1,350 m With Standard SVD With same 7.62 x54mm The Name Which you Copy Paste Without reading Just think What can he done With Modern Equipments

Staff Sergeant Jim Gilliland Made 1,250 m With M 24

these conducted When these Modern Equipment was Not Available but As the time changing Sniping is also modified
Child, you can massage your ego all you want by saying you "rapped" me, (which is like LOL) but that wont change the fact that you got your bullshit refuted and countered not just by me, but by other members here as well.

Putting up information of range-finders is irrelevant here. You might've learned about them last night, but to informed people, they are a ubiquitous piece of equipment now.

Anyway, like I said before, rangefinders do absolutely NOTHING to improve the range of a round. The purpose is only to give an exact range to the sniper/spotter instead of them having to estimate the range. That exact range can be put on as elevation adjustment on the scope.

Sure, you can quote the example of Jim Gilliland but then again, fact is that its just one kill made with NATO 7.62x51mm. One only, amongst all the others... being the exception here rather than the norm.

Your lack of knowledge is evident by the fact that you are straightaway comparing NATO 7.62x51mm with the Soviet 7.62x54mm Rimmed cartridge. And also by the fact that you believe that strapping on a rangefinder somehow gives a rifle super abilities to shoot beyond its Maximum Effective Range.

So youre being the fangirl here, not me.
There is nothing more to discuss. Its a task in itself to decipher and derive meaning out of your disjointed english.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Why don't our IA buy those burris eliminator for DMR and Snipers..it will be easy to pick targets with out doing any math at long distances.....

Status
Not open for further replies.