Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

This Commando Kept On Fighting The Pathankot Terrorists Even After Being Hit By 6 Bullets
The unprecedented terrorist attack on the Pathankot Air Force station on 1 January 2016 took many lives and the nation ended up mourning over the loss of 8 martyrs who fought with unparalleled bravery.

The nation revered and paid tribute to these brave hearts in their own way. Amul paid a touching tribute to pay respect to the soldiers of the highest order.

One of them was the Garud Commando, Sailesh Gaur, who continued to fight even after the terrorists shot him with 6 bullets.

Sailesh Gaur was deployed along with 11 other people in the Mechanical Transport Wing to prevent the suspects from moving. He was tackling the terrorists along with Gurusevak Singh who passed away after taking 3 bullets.

On the other hand, Sailesh Gaur continued to fight with unparalleled bravery even after being hit by 6 bullets. He was bleeding profusely but his unceasing bravery didn’t let him abandon his post and he kept on fighting valiantly, thus ensuring that the terrorists didn’t encroach upon the technical area, where the IAF fighter jets are kept. He was rescued after an hour.

While the terrorists were killed, he ended up in a hospital where he’s still fighting for his life.

He is still fighting for his life in a hospital.

The operation to eliminate them lasted for 80 hours that martyred 8 military personnel and injured 20 (including Sailesh).

We salute the gallant spirit of this braveheart and pray that he recovers as soon as possible.

http://www.storypick.com/sailesh-gaur/

=====================================

:india2: I pray for his early recovery and to be fighting fit soon.

On looking at his injuries, it seems that he has taken most of the shots on his lower chest and abdomen,this highlight the need of good Bullet proof vest.If he was wearing one, that clearly had saved his life .If he was not wearing one, then he could have avoided major injuries with one.Hope that at-least our special forces are provided with the best quality protective gear in the world(no compromise on this from the babus:tsk:)

Last edited:

delta

Country flag
It could help in the future if you make it a habit though.
true that. the members here could develop that habit, but our mahaan media will still be there.
my point is that we can exercise all precautions here, but if someone wants to snoop on pics/details like these, the are easily available over the net.

Gessler

Country flag
true that. the members here could develop that habit, but our mahaan media will still be there.
my point is that we can exercise all precautions here, but if someone wants to snoop on pics/details like these, the are easily available over the net.
Still, we shouldn't take that chance from our side.

Agree with your view regarding the media's protocols though. Let's hope they will change.

su35

Country flag
Do our special forces use RPG or Carl Gustuv for destroying tanks. Never seen them carrying one

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Do our special forces use RPG or Carl Gustuv for destroying tanks. Never seen them carrying one
garuds carry vehicle mounted kornet, but i don't think they are for tanks...
As for other SF, maybe anyone else can answer better....
Also i have not seen RPG in Indian Military armoury....

Chinmoy

Country flag
IA does use B-300 Shipon and RPO-Shemel as anti tank/ armour light weapon. RPO-Shemel could be compared could RPG/ LAW

Gessler

Country flag
It is the US/NATO Multicam:

They sure seem to be testing out a whole range of camos from ACU/UCP, MARPAT, MultiCam, to that new Garud pattern we saw at Aero India, and I'm sure I saw atleast one more. Don't remember now, but it was a Para wearing it.

But what's interesting is it are always the SFs trying out the camos. It doesn't seem like IA is the least bit interested in changing up it's stripes for the infantry. Unless the SFs are trying out the camos FOR the infantry.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
They sure seem to be testing out a whole range of camos from ACU/UCP, MARPAT, MultiCam, to that new Garud pattern we saw at Aero India, and I'm sure I saw atleast one more. Don't remember now, but it was a Para wearing it.

But what's interesting is it are always the SFs trying out the camos. It doesn't seem like IA is the least bit interested in changing up it's stripes for the infantry. Unless the SFs are trying out the camos FOR the infantry.
Is it possible that the keeps changing as per the region they are deployed in? Standardisation on camo cannot be expected in a Indian armed forces, since they have to cater to wide range of topography.

salute

rpg are not effective enough to totally destroy a tank or apc,

sure its a menacing weapon but its also inaccurate or not guided,
they mostly carry couple of small missile so they dont wanna miss the target, :laugh:

and not sure but maybe rpg,carl gustav too heavy to carry than m72 missile which is light weight and compact than rpg or carl gustav,

sf dont like to travel with hugh load,

rpg and carl gustav useful for infantry,para military

they are probably for tanks or apc,

biggest weapon air force garuds carry is a laser designator to call air strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles