Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
They sure seem to be testing out a whole range of camos from ACU/UCP, MARPAT, MultiCam, to that new Garud pattern we saw at Aero India, and I'm sure I saw atleast one more. Don't remember now, but it was a Para wearing it.

But what's interesting is it are always the SFs trying out the camos. It doesn't seem like IA is the least bit interested in changing up it's stripes for the infantry. Unless the SFs are trying out the camos FOR the infantry.
You're right, there is a HUGE variety of camos in use by the Indian SFs, the MARCOs are the only ones who seem to have standardised on their camo- ACU/UCP for maritime ops, woodland MARPAT for jungle ops and black when needed.

PARA (SF) seem to use the standard army camo, woodland MARPAT and ACU/UCP.

Garuds- their own unique DPM camo, their own digicam (seen in Aero India 2015 as noted), woodland MARPAT and now multicam.

Veey very bizare and SFs at least need to standardise their camos amongst their own units.

Is it possible that the keeps changing as per the region they are deployed in? Standardisation on camo cannot be expected in a Indian armed forces, since they have to cater to wide range of topography.
True to an extent, in fact it was said that Garuds wear the woodland MARPAT when deployed as gunners for IAF helos in anti-Naxal ops because the CRPF Cobras wear it also.

WOW thanks for the pics see they are armes with MP5 with tapped mags,SIG 550( I think SO)and glock 17(once again i think so) AM i rt guys and what r the optics they are using?????:crazy::crazy::crazy:
You're right- MP-5, Glock 17 and SIG-550/2/3
the weapon mounted on xenon is FN MAG ?
IWI Negev.
the weapon is SIG 550 or H&KG3?
SIG-550/2/3

abingdonboy

Country flag
They sure seem to be testing out a whole range of camos from ACU/UCP, MARPAT, MultiCam, to that new Garud pattern we saw at Aero India, and I'm sure I saw atleast one more. Don't remember now, but it was a Para wearing it.

But what's interesting is it are always the SFs trying out the camos. It doesn't seem like IA is the least bit interested in changing up it's stripes for the infantry. Unless the SFs are trying out the camos FOR the infantry.
You're right, there is a HUGE variety of camos in use by the Indian SFs, the MARCOs are the only ones who seem to have standardised on their camo- ACU/UCP for maritime ops, woodland MARPAT for jungle ops and black when needed.

Garuds- their own unique DPM camo, their own digicam (seen in Aero India 2015 as noted), woodland MARPAT and now multicam.

Veey very bizare and SFs at least need to standardise their camos amongst their own units.

Is it possible that the keeps changing as per the region they are deployed in? Standardisation on camo cannot be expected in a Indian armed forces, since they have to cater to wide range of topography.
True to an extent, in fact it was said that Garuds wear the woodland MARPAT when deployed as gunners for IAF helos in anti-Naxal ops because the CRPF Cobras wear it also.

WOW thanks for the pics see they are armes with MP5 with tapped mags,SIG 550( I think SO)and glock 17(once again i think so) AM i rt guys and what r the optics they are using?????:crazy::crazy::crazy:
IWI Negev.
SIG-550/2/3

abingdonboy

Country flag

IWI Negev.
SIG-550/2/3

Black knight

Country flag
Where did i said P90s are superior to 5.56x45 X-95?I said replace the current SIG551s which are issued to the assault squads with more better X-95s.Also is there a need for 5.56x45 DMR ie SIG550 as in the rest of world every one uses either PSG,M-14 etc.As we already have PSG/MSG-90 in that role what good a 5.56 DMR offers.
AFAIK even the SIG had discontinued the production of DMRs in 5.56 calibers.
I would say we can replace MP5 with P90 bcoz 5.7mm ammo is best in armor piercing and moreover we can use that same ammo for FN57 also:shoot::shoot::blah::blah:

Black knight

Country flag
Let me clear one misconception of why NSG still stuck with MP5 version . All because of penetration power of a 9mm bullet . In a hostage situation you don't want your bullet piercing through hostages after hitting a tango . 9mm ensures that bullet wont go penetrating unarmed civilians in a hostage situation.
5.56 , 7.62x39 mm ammo is over kill in this situation and only issued to select member to deal with specific situations.

P90's 5.7×28mm cartridges are also not good for these specific situation .
we can arm atleast one of them bcoz suppose if the tangos are wearing BJs then can 9mm penetrate it?
:shoot::shoot:

Black knight

Country flag
NSG:

http://**********/attachments/fffjfg-png.265293/http://**********/attachments/ioyitit-png.265294/

http://**********/attachments/kugkjgj-png.265295/http://**********/attachments/kygkyg-png.265296/http://**********/attachments/ugkgig-png.265298/http://**********/attachments/untitled-png.265297/
Double tapped mags look cool:drool::drool::shoot::shoot:

Navneet Kundu

Shouldn't it be a part of the military SOP to cover their faces before allowing any media coverage? In today's world media management is very important. When I say media management, I don't mean just perception management but making sure that operational details don't get leaked because someone irresponsible cameraman took pictures. Recently, Doval wrote to the ministry complaining about NDTV's coverage of sensitive military installations and how it has become daily practice.

I believe the military should have its own media team. This team should have exclusive copyright over coverage of military matters, training exercises, military shows, exhibitions, coverage of anti-terror operations. Once the footage is deemed safe for broadcasting, only then should it be passed on to news and other media, instead of allowing the media people to enter military premises to shoot whatever they want and then complaining that the media is irresponsible. The media IS irresponsible, it's a private business, it has no ethics, we all know that already, so we should plan accordingly. Let's start by not allowing media to cover military related events.

Images create a powerful impact and can be used by vested interests to hurt us militarily and diplomatically. Take the example of the infamous photo of the Bangladeshi girl who was shot while trying to illegally infiltrate Indian fences. Who the fuck clicked that image and how was it leaked out to the media? how come the media was allowed access to sensitive border areas in the first place? Along with army, navy and air warfare, there is such a thing as information warfare. Unfortunately despite repeated lapses, (Kargil, 26/11, Gurdaspur, Pathankot) India fails to learn any lessons about media management.

A good idea to post the picture of a SF operator who had been involved in CT operations and is serving today?

Black knight

Country flag
NSG

Nsg armoury

SFF

One more photo of Special Group(SFF),once again a Tibetan.

Same person above member of Special group(SFF).
was
Beretta MX-4s bought by BSF is already rusting in gun cases,thanks to the reliability issues...P90s are more suited due to the 5.56 round or shipkas used by SFF,MP9,PP2000,Vitya -SN too are proven ones.
The caliber of P90 is 5.7 nt 5.56

Navneet Kundu

It's the Israeli Tavor TAR-21 bullpup rifle, we've been using it for years.
I believe India has local production of Tavors (local name : Zitara) under licence, like many other things. Can someone explain to me how this licencing for guns work? How much royalty do we pay them for each gun that we manufacture and how do they keep count of all the guns we make? Is it mandatory for at least one Israeli representative to be present at the factory at all times? What I'm trying to ask is, once we have the technology, what prevents us from making our own clones claiming it to be indigenous? We did that with INSAS, and Vidhwansak. Also, what prevents any other country from reverse-engineering any gun? Is it so complicated?

I've seen documentaries showing Pakistani gunsmiths making iconic guns in their backyards. Why does India still struggle with small arms despite having billions in state funding for research and manufacturing? What am I missing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles