Indian Police Force

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Leave aside those gizmos including those horse.. prepare for FIBUA and fight in the ghettos.... it seems to in offing sooner than expected... Urban Naxalism coupled with Islamic armed militancy are sprouting with more vigour than expected Indian lethargy.

Indian police needs to graduate from fear mongering dundamar demonstration effect colonial forces to smart blitzkrieg street fighters capable of climbing roof tops and cleaning things top down.

yourgodisweak

Country flag

wah, look at that technology & equipment. All that Force & surveillance just for a car thief.

We have all the bright brains to make better stuff than this and more need of stuff like this due to the amount of threat we posses from within the country.

Last edited:

mikhail

Country flag
This is APBN(Assam Police) arms training video.Here they are using Excalibur MK-1.

mikhail

Country flag
Again,another training video of Assam Police(APBN) providing cover to their vehicle in case of an ambush.

Rxbanda

Country flag
From training and upgrading of state police forces, how much does central home ministry contribute?

mikhail

Country flag
From training and upgrading of state police forces, how much does central home ministry contribute?
Depends on the nature of the force.In case of I.R.B.s(Indian Reserve Battalions),the Union Govt provides 60% of the expenditure to raise,train and adequately arm those battalions but in case of the state police forces the only fund that comes from the Union is for modernisation of the forces like buying newer weapons, communication equipment,vehicles and to upgrade other police infrastructures in the state and generally it amounts to a few hundred crores every year or so depending on the threat level of the concerned states.

Rxbanda

Country flag
So, all the equipment with the state police forces posted in this thread, like guns, patrol vehicles, HAL Dhruv helicopters are provided by central home ministry to states?

Vishal reddy

Country flag
Depends on the nature of the force.In case of I.R.B.s(Indian Reserve Battalions),the Union Govt provides 60% of the expenditure to raise,train and adequately arm those battalions but in case of the state police forces the only fund that comes from the Union is for modernisation of the forces like buying newer weapons, communication equipment,vehicles and to upgrade other police infrastructures in the state and generally it amounts to a few hundred crores every year or so depending on the threat level of the concerned states.
I have just one doubt!!
Does IRBn present in every state??
And my 2nd question, Is IRBn different from state police force??

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
I have just one doubt!!
IRB can be considered similar to a Gendarmerie Force but one that operates under jurisdiction of the State not the National Government. Majority of States in India have IRBs and State Armed Police Forces. I believe during the times of war IRBs and State Armed Police Forces go under the control of the Ministry of Defence.

Last edited:

mikhail

Country flag
I have just one doubt!!
Basically the concept of I.R.B. was first proposed by the Late PM Indira Gandhi ji as a mean to have a trained and uniformed armed police force in every state that would be trained and armed along the lines of the Central police forces and could be deployed anywhere in the country at a short notice.This is how the I.R.B.s came into existence way back in 1971.The Union Govt usually provides 60% of the cost of raising and arming such battalions.Currently,India has around 150 I.R.B.s spread across 28 states and 8 U.T.s

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles