Indian nuclear submarines

bhramos

Country flag
New here , my first post . Just wanted to ask if we are developing any nuclear attack subs . and if so when are they expected ?
also do we have the Tu22M backfire on lease ? as wiki says so but i cant find any mention of it on any Indian defense sites .
Tu-22M were leased to India, for IN to test them and lease them, but didnt succeed, very short time below 6months i think they were 2 Tu-22. their range was too less compared to Tu-145M.
Then Australia Started crying on India. later it cancelled the deal..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
so what world was telling is right that arihant was without reactor. so how it is floating in water i mean what is powering it. when we are going to install nuclear stem reactors. whats time frame . is int future testing has to be carried out once nuclear reactor has been installed in it. what if
that nuclear reactor didn`t work properly
here is i found something for you

check this too

http://www.dli.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_6_2_40884_4569_471309_43/

Last edited:

keshtopatel

Look at this please:

She is pretending to break the coconut against the sub hull as is customary (champagne in the west), but the fact is that it (coconut) is already cut into two (see photo).......Lady is holding it from the bottom......

Reason for such an act?

It is not possible to slam the coconut against the submarine´s hull and break it, knowing that it has 4" thik anechoic rubber tiles.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Look at this please:

She is pretending to break the coconut against the sub hull as is customary (champagne in the west), but the fact is that it (coconut) is already cut into two (see photo).......Lady is holding it from the bottom......

Reason for such an act?

It is not possible to slam the coconut against the submarine´s hull and break it, knowing that it has 4" thik anechoic rubber tiles.
problem is not sub, but the old lady, if she dont break the coconut then it will be consider as bad omen, as the old lady many not have strength to break the coconut in first shot, they did some desi trick.

Even in western countries where the sailors consider bad omen if the bottle of wine is not borken in first attempt to bad luck for ship.

hope this explains.

keshtopatel

problem is not sub, but the old lady, if she dont break the coconut then it will be consider as bad omen, as the old lady many not have strength to break the coconut in first shot, they did some desi trick.

Even in western countries where the sailors consider bad omen if the bottle of wine is not borken in first attempt to bad luck for ship.

hope this explains.
No it does not!

if she dont break the coconut then it will be consider as bad omen
But the coconut has to be broken against the launching vessel in order to be a good omen - BTW whats the point of such ceremony if you cant break the coco against the wall of vessel?

Is it possible to break the coconut against the rubber tiles of sub?

No!

The old age factor does not cut - rubber tiles make sense.....

keshtopatel

If I take your word and say okey for a moment, then I would ask you the following:

Why Tilak ceremony (instead) was NOT adopted as is done on several occasion ¿¿¿¿¿

Look at the following here (good omen):

Convince me rationally pally......

keshtopatel

"Women are the most respected in the Indian Navy. In fact, all women are saluted when they embark a ship. This custom is applicable to women irrespective of their status or that of their husbands," the official adds.

Also the launching and naming of the ship is traditionally done by a lady, normally the wife of the chief guest. The most recent example of this was the launching and naming of the Indian Navy's first nuclear submarine by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's wife Gursharan Kaur earlier this year.

According to naval traditions, at the commencement of the naming and launching ceremony, the woman names the ship with customary words: "I have great pleasure in naming this ship Indian Naval Ship Sindhughosh (or as the case may be). May good fortune attend her and all those who sail her."

Thereafter she applies 'kumkum' (vermilion) on the stem of the ship, folds her hands in a silent prayer, and then breaks the coconut on the bows of the ship.

"And with the splash of coconut water, the ship begins to slide down. Even if an Indian warship is commissioned in a foreign port, it is customary that the ship is named at the commissioning ceremony itself," the official adds.(IANS)

Did you get the above and find the stark difference ¿¿¿

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Wasn't it common knowledge that the ATV was launched without the reactor in it? Why wait for the west to speculate? Once everything else is ready, the hull will be cut open and the reactor installed answer and sealed.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
no the ship is launched with every basic thing fitted which requires it to function. The reactor is inside it and fueled, it can be easily kept like that without being critical, not something new. The ship is under harbor trial and it can run on batteries for testing purpose.

keshtopatel

Wasn't it common knowledge that the ATV was launched without the reactor in it? Why wait for the west to speculate? Once everything else is ready, the hull will be cut open and the reactor installed answer and sealed.

Reactors are installed but not fuelled so far.

INS Arihant nuclear sub 8 months behind schedule. .... Harbour trials not yet completed.

Status
As of September 6, 2010, the submarine had not completed its harbor trials and its nuclear reactor was yet to be fueled.

At the time of its launch, the submarine reactor was expected to be fueled and started in early 2010 following completion of harbor trials.

In an interview with The Hindu on September 2, Srikumar Banerjee, Chairman, Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) and Secretary, Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), said:

"Our nuclear steam supply system is ready 100 per cent. From our (DAE) side, everything is ready. We are only waiting for other systems to become operational so that we can start the commissioning activity of the reactor. I really do not know when the harbour trials will be done."

The weird retrofit of ripping the aft section of submarine hull and then putting it back together would be such a waste of funds and energy that one might as well build a new submarine.........Beside, there is no precedence of such act even by western countries imo.

keshtopatel

i doubt you as a Indian or Hindu.! have you ever seen any thing like this before?
its common every Indian knows the procedures ??????
Why did not she break the coconut (in the photo) or, conversly, why vermilon was not applied by 73 year old wife of Man Mohan Singh as it is said that she is old.

My idea says that due to anechoic (4" thick) tiles the coconut was broken before hand. There are two things here, One being the damage to expensive tile work done to hull, the other being common sense - Naryal can not be broken against the rubber tiles.

For above, why I should be Hindu or Indian - I am neither.

If you can dent my armour on above with rational dialogue, do come back with some.

As for my personality, I am athiest American, born in India, living in Norway, married to swedish - now whats your point on my religion and nationality which came out of nowhere?

bhramos

Country flag
Why did not she break the coconut (in the photo) or, conversly, why vermilon was not applied by 73 year old wife of Man Mohan Singh as it is said that she is old.

My idea says that due to anechoic (4" thick) tiles the coconut was broken before hand. There are two things here, One being the damage to expensive tile work done to hull, the other being common sense - Naryal can not be broken against the rubber tiles.

For above, why I should be Hindu or Indian - I am neither.

If you can dent my armour on above with rational dialogue, do come back with some.

As for my personality, I am athiest American, born in India, living in Norway, married to swedish - now whats your point on my religion and nationality which came out of nowhere?
I means Hindu or Indian would know all the basic procedures. even if u a bicycle they first put kumkum and later coconut is hatched. because of like atheist fools the India is getting screwed from left to right. there are so many fools born here and exported to other countries for the development their countries. like me. :emot180:

keshtopatel

I means Hindu or Indian would know all the basic procedures. even if u a bicycle they first put kumkum and later coconut is hatched. because of like atheist fools the India is getting screwed from left to right. there are so many fools born here and exported to other countries for the development their countries. like me. :emot180:
Athiests are less likely to commit a sin or crime than thiests.

Here you go for statictics:

Atheists Supply Less Than 1% Of Prison Populations It's suprising how many people say to m

keshtopatel

Kunal Biswas 7 Minutes Ago
Offtopic!

manc 12 Minutes Ago
can we stop the atheist discussion in this thread!!
Correct, but I marely replied to his post on such issue - no more from me on this.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
no the ship is launched with every basic thing fitted which requires it to function. The reactor is inside it and fueled, it can be easily kept like that without being critical, not something new. The ship is under harbor trial and it can run on batteries for testing purpose.
Reactors are installed but not fuelled so far.
hi friends plz clear this confusion some say rector is n`t there while some say reactor is there but it is not fueled yet while other say rector is there it is fuelled but its not critical.

So what happens when nuclear reactor becomes critical also i have heard that since our designs is based on russian our rector won`t be critical more than 30% while american submarine nuclear rector are 80% critical

si i guess there are 3 opinions
A> no rector at all in Arihant ant yet to be installed
B> rector is installed in Arihant but it is yet to be fuelled
C>reactor is installed and it is fuelled but rector is not critical

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
hi friends plz clear this confusion some say rector is n`t there while some say reactor is there but it is not fueled yet while other say rector is there it is fuelled but its not critical.

So what happens when nuclear reactor becomes critical also i have heard that since our designs is based on russian our rector won`t be critical more than 30% while american submarine nuclear rector are 80% critical

si i guess there are 3 opinions
A> no rector at all in Arihant ant yet to be installed
B> rector is installed in Arihant but it is yet to be fuelled
C>reactor is installed and it is fuelled but rector is not critical
My Idea abt the matter is:

There are following test conducted on Sub where placement of reactor is very important..

1. Speed of the boat under water as well as surface..
2. Displacement of the boat on sea
3. what effects will be on sub while diving 300m also while surfacing..
Etc..

The news we are receiving on reactor may be a improved variant of the earlier one..

plugwater

My Idea abt the matter is:

There are following test conducted on Sub where placement of reactor is very important..

1. Speed of the boat under water as well as surface..
2. Displacement of the boat on sea
3. what effects will be on sub while diving 300m also while surfacing..
Etc..

The news we are receiving on reactor may be a improved variant of the earlier one..
Kunal sir you have added another option to Anoop Question.

D, Reactor already installed and the submarine waiting for the improved version.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Kunal sir you have added another option to Anoop Question.

D, Reactor already installed and the submarine waiting for the improved version.
My Version is based on the Ideology of Indian Weapon manufacture..

Arihant reactor was based on Charlie`s reactor which is old, Making changes in middle of the reactor program may set all from beginning, therefore Arihant may be sailing on Old reactor, where new one is based on old one is now taking shape..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles