Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Yes, but how many of those missiles can even intercept a sea skimmer or a hypersonic threat? Do keep in mind that this is a design from the early 70's when the threat from such missiles was only just emerging. Pretty sure a Barak-8 has a higher Pk against the assumed target set compared to an early-generation SM-1MR or SM-1ER. So a CGN-42 class is going to be expending much more missiles to get a kill compared to a P-15A. Also, early AEGIS was quite basic compared to the AEGIS we have today.
Ya'll Nibbiars you are comparing a 70's era pans with a current with upgrading the weapon system for the current situations. Here I am comparing the capabilities and concept not a mere weapon systems.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Like ITCM in place of the usual BrahMos. Instead of 16 Brahmos, you could carry 8 Brahmos and 8 ITCM if the UVLM can accept the latter and if it does get integrated.
Oh, I thought you're mentioning about something currently in service. Nvm
As for ITCM it's hot launched, you can't launch it from UVLM.

Actually it's all BrahMos Aerospace's fault, they named their VLS "universal" for absolutely no reason.

swapcv

Country flag
Oh, I thought you're mentioning about something currently in service. Nvm
As for ITCM it's hot launched, you can't launch it from UVLM.

Actually it's all BrahMos Aerospace's fault, they named their VLS "universal" for absolutely no reason.
Modify it then, better to do it now than crib later down the line saying no VLS.

swapcv

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars you are comparing a 70's era pans with a current with upgrading the weapon system for the current situations. Here I am comparing the capabilities and concept not a mere weapon systems.
It is a comparison regardless at the end of the day, and in my book, the P-15 family (A/B) is still quite ahead due to the mere fact that it came into fruition as a concept and sees service while the CGN-42 never saw the light of the day.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Existing UVLM for Brahmos, we have 16 of them, depending on the mission set, the missile loaded will be different.
So yeah I took it in different sense that is I thought u are saying to increase the nos of vls
So basically 16 vls but filled with different missiles
But again won't there be difference in hot/cold launch mechanism

Haldilal

Country flag
It is a comparison regardless at the end of the day, and in my book, the P-15 family (A/B) is still quite ahead due to the mere fact that it came into fruition as a concept and sees service while the CGN-42 never saw the light of the day.
Ya'll Nibbiars It's a wrong comparison in the end in the real where ships goes under moderation and here we are comparing capabilities amd concepts.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Brahmos is also hot launched ,no??
Naah, almost all heavy Russian missiles are cold launch.

In case of BrahMos the missile is ejected using a Cold Gas Generator and as soon as the missile clears the launch tube (barely few inches) the booster is fired. So unless it's seen in a high-speed footage it feels like it's being hot launched

binayak95

Country flag
Yes, it's called P-15A/B, the only difference I see here is the somewhat lower magazine capacity in terms of VLS. and conventional (COGAG) propulsion. And as for those claiming "Muh! No Tomahawks!" we have the BrahMos already and the ITCM will be coming online soon.
What we lack now is universal VLS that can fit any missile in the inventory without fuss.
Once that is online, game changer.

swapcv

Country flag
What we lack now is universal VLS that can fit any missile in the inventory without fuss.
Once that is online, game changer.
I wonder how the Chinese' GJB5860-2006 VLS manages it. Supports both Cold and Hot launches.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I wonder how the Chinese' GJB5860-2006 VLS manages it. Supports both Cold and Hot launches.
Quite ingenious way to be honest, they use a concentric launcher. Where you have two tubes nested inside each other with a gap in between.

When cold launching the internal tube is used in typical cold launch style. And while hot launching the gap between the inner and outer tube is used as plenum - vent system to evacuate the hot exhaust.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Never Ever.

View attachment 216730
Ya'll Nibbiars Didn't noticed before but the third one in that skirt is actually male. Navy ne Chuna laga dala photos hoot ke liye, Skirt aur lipstick laga Dale.

Lagat hei kyo female Tara nahi hui ya yai he nahi. The legendary No. 8 Dress.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Didn't noticed before but the third one in that skirt is actually male. Navy ne Chuna laga dala photos hoot ke liye, Skirt aur lipstick laga Dale.

Lagat hei kyo female Tara nahi hui ya yai he nahi. The legendary No. 8 Dress.
Nope
If they managed to get 3-4 other gals to pose for that same photoshoot then don't you think they would be having a pretty bad fetish to force a boy to crossdress for just one pic!?

Don't spend too much time on DFI, maadao se itti zyada duri ban jayegi ki har maada me nar hi nazar aayega

Haldilal

Country flag
Nope
If they managed to get 3-4 other gals to pose for that same photoshoot then don't you think they would be having a pretty bad fetish to force a boy to crossdress for just one pic!?

Don't spend too much time on DFI, maadao se itti zyada duri ban jayegi ki har maada me nar hi nazar aayega
Ya'll Nibbiars Apne Aakhe ka check up kar le.

images - 2023-08-03T133009.759.jpeg

RedHood108

Country flag
Guys after the 4th P-15B Destroyer is delivered. I only find the P-17 Nilgiri class Frigates. What will be the successor of the P-15B. Will there be follow on orders or will the production go dry.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Guys after the 4th P-15B Destroyer is delivered. I only find the P-17 Nilgiri class Frigates. What will be the successor of the P-15B. Will there be follow on orders or will the production go dry.
Some 4-5 years back we used to have this quite ambitious dream of having 10 large destroyers called NGD
IMG_20230804_001206.jpg

But currently nothing's known.
It can be 10 NGD or because of cost constraints 4 NGD or may be P15C (like we made P15B from A) or even the same P15B; nothing can be said

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles