Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Bruhh idk what this guy smokes twitter is weird place
I was on that twatter shit, but soon realised that its an online junkyard where grown ups join to behave like kids.
Now I use an app called 'fritter' on android and just follow only a select few people.

Under the procurement rules, this would be seen as a contract being given to a new company. This means that fresh trials will have to be held, even when it is the same rifle manufactured in India with a large indigenous component
:facepalm: Welcome to Babudom and redtape. Also why are pistols not in the -ve import list yet ? Its beyond depressing to see that even pistols are being supplied by foriegn companies.

flanker99

Country flag
I was on that twatter shit, but soon realised that its an online junkyard where grown ups join to behave like kids.
Now I use an app called 'fritter' on android and just follow only a select few people.

:facepalm: Welcome to Babudom and redtape. Also why are pistols not in the -ve import list yet ? Its beyond depressing to see that even pistols are being supplied by foriegn companies.
Why does it sound like fried twitter?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Twitter is worst place ever when I am on there feels like we are really into deep shit and wars only follow some people to get news about games and stuff I try to avoid twitter as a whole

Fatalis

Country flag
NameLengthWidthHeight
MK-41635 mm635 mm7.696 m
Mk-57711 mm711 mm7.93 m
KVLS-I635 mm635 mm7.693 m
KVLS-II850 mm850 mm9.8 m
Chinese CCP VLS850 mm850 mm9 m
UVLM1000 mm1000 mm9.5 m

All the dimensions are of a single cell.

Our UVLM is the largest and IMO it will form the base of now under development UVLS. I also read somewhere that there were studies going on to test the quad-pack solution in the current UVLM for SAMs.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
NameLengthWidthHeight
MK-41635 mm635 mm7.696 m
Mk-57711 mm711 mm7.93 m
KVLS-II850 mm850 mm9.8 m
UVLM1000 mm1000 mm9.5 m

Our UVLM is the largest and IMO it will form the base of now under development UVLS. I also read somewhere that there were studies going on to test the quad-pack solution in the current UVLM for SAMs.
It's brahmos launch cell , we most probably will see two types of uvls for us

Fatalis

Country flag
What I feel is UVLM will become the base for universal VLS.

Although, I want DRDO to make two types of UVLS similar to KVLS-I and KVLS-II.

I feel DRDO will stick with one design only. Why I feel this because the UVLS will go on board the front line warships only like DDG, FFG and corvettes where it will have proper utilization so no need to design 2 types.

VL-SRSAM can use its own vls to go on board other ships like AC and LHD.

In near future, I think this will be the distribution:

NamePlatform
MRSAM VLSR11
VL-SRSAM VLSP-15, P-16A, R33, P-11356 Batch 1-4*, P-28, LHD*
UVLSP-15A, P-15B, P-17, P-17A, P-17AU, NGMV*, NGC*, NGD*, NGF*

There is also a big possibility that P-15A, P-15B and P-17, P-17A, P-17AU might use the mix of UVLS and VL-SRSAM vls.

Gessler

Country flag
NameLengthWidthHeight
MK-41635 mm635 mm7.696 m
Mk-57711 mm711 mm7.93 m
KVLS-II850 mm850 mm9.8 m
UVLM1000 mm1000 mm9.5 m

What I feel is UVLM will become the base for universal VLS.

Although, I want DRDO to make two types of UVLS similar to KVLS-I and KVLS-II.

I feel DRDO will stick with one design only. Why I feel this because the UVLS will go on board the front line warships only like DDG, FFG and corvettes where it will have proper utilization so no need to design 2 types.

VL-SRSAM can use its own vls to go on board other ships like AC and LHD.

In near future, I think this will be the distribution:

NamePlatform
MRSAM VLSR11
VL-SRSAM VLSP-15, P-16A, R33, P-11356 Batch 1-4*, P-28, LHD*
UVLSP-15A, P-15B, P-17, P-17A, P-17AU, NGMV*, NGC*, NGD*, NGF*

There is also a big possibility that P-15A, P-15B and P-17, P-17A, P-17AU might use the mix of UVLS and VL-SRSAM vls.
UVLM is problematic. On the one hand, its too large so takes up too much space on the deck for overall not that many cells in number, on the other hand, its not large enough to quad-pack missiles such as Nirbhay or even Barak-8.

So essentially, its wasted space.

We will have no choice but to go with 2 distinct types of VLS on future ships. A larger one which is likely to be similar/same as current UVLM and will be used for outsize ASCMs like Brahmos and future Scramjet Hypersonic types, and a smaller one which should be roughly same size as Mk-41 and will be able to launch all other types of missiles (LACMs, SAMs, ASROC etc).

Fatalis

Country flag
UVLM is problematic. On the one hand, its too large so takes up too much space on the deck for overall not that many cells in number, on the other hand, its not large enough to quad-pack missiles such as Nirbhay or even Barak-8.

So essentially, its wasted space.

We will have no choice but to go with 2 distinct types of VLS on future ships. A larger one which is likely to be similar/same as current UVLM and will be used for outsize ASCMs like Brahmos and future Scramjet Hypersonic types, and a smaller one which should be roughly same size as Mk-41 and will be able to launch all other types of missiles (LACMs, SAMs, ASROC etc).
Definitely UVLM is on the larger side but it can be deployed on our surface combatant in sufficient numbers. But yeah, it will be the best case to develop two types of VLS systems.

I think no VLS can carry quad pack Nirbhay aside from the VLS on Virginia class which can carry 7 and the Sagrika missile VLS which will be too massive for a surface ship.

Just curious, how you figured out that UVLM can't quad pack MRSAM? The length and width of the cell is 1 m and the diameter of MRSAM is 0.225 m.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Definitely UVLM is on the larger side but it can be deployed on our surface combatant in sufficient numbers. But yeah, it will be the best case to develop two types of VLS systems.

I think no VLS can carry quad pack Nirbhay aside from the VLS on Virginia class which can carry 7 and the Sagrika missile VLS which will be too massive for a surface ship.

Just curious, how you figured out that UVLM can't quad pack MRSAM? The length and width of the cell is 1 m and the diameter of MRSAM is 0.225 m.
Wingspan

Gessler

Country flag
Definitely UVLM is on the larger side but it can be deployed on our surface combatant in sufficient numbers.
Define sufficient.

For example in this pic, you can see 16 x UVLM cells and 16 x Barak-8 cells. The UVLMs are taking up almost twice as much space:

244466414_1638749883146532_1248373625486265798_n.jpg

That's the point. For all the extra space you're wasting, in the end you only get to carry 1 missile per cell with the UVLM.

I am not sure about the container's dimension but I feel it will be not be more than 0.35 m.
It's more than that - look at the pic above. Does it look like 4 x Barak tubes can fit inside each of the UVLM hatches?

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Sorry to say
But isn't it true that PLAN will definitely deploy a cbg in IOR in 2030-35 by looking at the way they are building
It's completely true and possible
Fighting and winning is difficult but deployment is destined they have long term plans for IOR and its known to many analysts
Waise to mai bhi apke ghar me. Talwar leke ghus jayega
Lekin aap mere ko hadkao ge ki nai ?
Indian navy hadkai gi waise hi.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Waise to mai bhi apke ghar me. Talwar leke ghus jayega
Lekin aap mere ko hadkao ge ki nai ?
Indian navy hadkai gi waise hi.
Point is not to defeat us
Point is to exert influence on other countries especially IOR which they can do very easily
Controlling other nations policies and challenging us is their long term goal
Ok till 2040 they won't be able to fight us in IOR but after that when they would have been the most powerful nations on this world with excellent sea based logistics
But in short term they can deploy cbg without any problems and try to reduce our influence

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles