Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Yeah, make sense. In my opinion Delhi class will have their arm launchers replaced by VL-SRSAM but will IN replace their Barak-1 with AK-630? As D-60 and D-61 carry 32 Barak-1s.
I think they'll replace both Barak-1 as well as Shtil SAM with VL-SRSAM. Although if CMS on Delhi class can be replaced with the new CMS Tata developed, it might be a good idea to put Barak-8 in place of the Shtil SAM in Delhi class.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Wow!! Neck to neck.

One doubt I always had was why CSL removed the port side forward platform which was supposed to house 1 AK-630. I think it was present till 2019.
I have no idea what all else they removed. Till the day she was commissioned, I was under the false belief that she'll have 4 SRGM and 64 Barak-8.

Fatalis

Country flag
the Ae190 100mm gun has caused more headaches than all the Old Monk in Mumbai CSD put together.

The 76mm SRGM is being upgraded in a as available basis. The new production one are all slated for new corvettes/opvs/ffgs
Still navy is going for A-190 in batch 3 Talwars. I think they accepted it as a whole package with frigates and will be replaced later.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
the Ae190 100mm gun has caused more headaches than all the Old Monk in Mumbai CSD put together.

The 76mm SRGM is being upgraded in a as available basis. The new production one are all slated for new corvettes/opvs/ffgs
Still navy is going for A-190 in batch 3 Talwars. I think they accepted it as a whole package with frigates and will be replaced later.
With the way Russians fleece us, I take issue with most who say Hindi-Roosi bhai bhai.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Can we poach Russian or other European origin scientists?
Good idea but its against our foreign policy na. Govt won't do that. We aren't even able to get PIOs who are doing critical R&D for USA military industrial complex back to us. That alone is a gold mine far more valuable than poaching Russians scientists (especially when we have already started to surpass Russian tech in many areas).

fooLIam

Good idea but its against our foreign policy na. Govt won't do that. We aren't even able to get PIOs who are doing critical R&D for USA military industrial complex back to us. That alone is a gold mine far more valuable than poaching Russians scientists (especially when we have already started to surpass Russian tech in many areas).
At least private firms can do it?
Without poaching or stealing, how will we adavance rapidly. I hope there is Some one in government who is trying to do it? But it seems ,it’s same attitude of chalta hai.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
At least private firms can do it?
Without poaching or stealing, how will we adavance rapidly. I hope there is Some one in government who is trying to do it? But it seems ,it’s same attitude of chalta hai.
Yeah, private firms doing it is the only hope. Hopefully private firms gain the appetitie for such strategic investments. Right now they seem mostly R&D averse.

Fatalis

Country flag
There was an AoN accepted for 30mm Naval Surface Gun. The number quoted was around 70. Anyone having more information on this? IMO these guns will replace the CRN-91 guns.

Global Defence

Articles