Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

binayak95

Country flag
Guys anyone has any idea about the Project 17B?
6 x QUADRUPLE Brahmos launchers on a 2200 tonne corvette. KUCH BHI. Whoever wrote this on that website is smoking weed from the gardens of Indra himself.

And P17B will have the MF STAR with the Revathi 3D. the Revathi is a secondary air search radar, good for locating low observable targets at a distance, that the MFSTAR then can get weapons track on.

binayak95

Country flag
Anyone with sufficient badic knowledge can create spec list like that...whatever the case lets hope p17b is real if not we will have some 3-4 gap of not having any surface capital ship under construction
Little chance of shipyards being idle anytime next two decades. Worry not.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Ehh - no. 75k tonne is not worth the exponential increase in cost.
at that kinda tonnage you cannot help but go nuclear propulsion, and thats a mess we are JUST getting into.
U said that current vikramaditya has undergone massive refits and upgrades so the fire issue was not surprise for u
Can u tell what were the massive refits and upgrades or what u expect

jai jaganath

Country flag
Lets just say theres a reason Boeing has come out with a massive PR of their bird acing the trials and Dassault is mum.
I can't understand this
U mean usa having hands in our upgrades
Then what could be possible changes
I don't think so bcoz helis ok but aircrafts not possible as the lifts there are very small so only possible refits could be ew or some mechanism or techniques or few other subsystems
But even that we must do it indigenously as we have capability to make advanced marine ew systems, subs detection systems and countermeasure systems
Then where does usa comes

binayak95

Country flag
I can't understand this
U mean usa having hands in our upgrades
Then what could be possible changes
I don't think so bcoz helis ok but aircrafts not possible as the lifts there are very small so only possible refits could be ew or some mechanism or techniques or few other subsystems
But even that we must do it indigenously as we have capability to make advanced marine ew systems, subs detection systems and countermeasure systems
Then where does usa comes
The USN's participation in our carrier program is official. IN-USN Joint Working Group on Carriers. The US Delegation even had a thorough inspection of the new Vikrant while she was some ways off from launch.

IN delegation has been given a thorough tour of the Ford class carriers.

I dont want to say much but lets say ships are easy to reconfigure and the time taken by VKD is long enough for great changes to her hangar and hull work.

Also note where exactly the IN undertook the refit - Naval dockyard, Karwar - the best place to maintain opsec.

jai jaganath

Country flag
The USN's participation in our carrier program is official. IN-USN Joint Working Group on Carriers. The US Delegation even had a thorough inspection of the new Vikrant while she was some ways off from launch.

IN delegation has been given a thorough tour of the Ford class carriers.

I dont want to say much but lets say ships are easy to reconfigure and the time taken by VKD is long enough for great changes to her hangar and hull work.

Also note where exactly the IN undertook the refit - Naval dockyard, Karwar - the best place to maintain opsec.
After hearing this I gained some interest in vkd
Let's see if Navy has done something to it

WolfPack86

Country flag
Indian Navy to Negotiate South Korean KSS-III Subs after Kilo Class Sindhudhvaj Sub Decommissioning

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles