Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Don't roll your brains on future ciws of IN.
IN has specifically asked for combined gun+missile ciws with integrated sensors in their future technical perspective plan. Ak 630 will be replaced but when, can't say? I think we will be seeing some Russian system license produced.
IN also hopes to field lasers on vessels in long term

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Don't roll your brains on future ciws of IN.
IN has specifically asked for combined gun+missile ciws with integrated sensors in their future technical perspective plan. Ak 630 will be replaced but when, can't say? I think we will be seeing some Russian system license produced.
IN also hopes to field lasers on vessels in long term
You have mentioned that Indian has asked for Gun+Missile CIWS than we could consider Pantsir-M for this right? Its armament is basically a combination of guns and Missiles at the same time. Main Armament and secondary armament consists of Missiles and Guns respectively.
Main armament :Hermes-K missiles and 57E6 missiles
Secondary armament:Two 30×165mm AO-18KD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here look at this picture of a Pantsir Pantsir-M:
korabelnyi-kompleks-protivovozdushnoi-oborony-pancir-me-x1c6w13n-1613109661.t.jpg
Review_about_Pantsir-M_Russian-made_medium-range_naval_air_defense_system_Analysis_1-2_925_001.jpg
Pantsir-M_KBP_IMDS_2015_2.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also could you tell me where did indian Navy ask for a Missile+Guns CIWS?

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
You have mentioned that Indian has asked for Gun+Missile CIWS than we could consider Pantsir-M for this right? Its armament is basically a combination of guns and Missiles at the same time. Main Armament and secondary armament consists of Missiles and Guns respectively.
Main armament :Hermes-K missiles and 57E6 missiles
Secondary armament:Two 30×165mm AO-18KD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here look at this picture of a Pantsir Pantsir-M:
View attachment 130404View attachment 130405View attachment 130406
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also could you tell me where did indian Navy ask for a Missile+Guns CIWS?
Only Russia bulids such systems, right?
[/URL]
Screenshot_2022-01-08-16-17-13-015_cn.wps.xiaomi.abroad.lite.jpg

Super Flanker

IMG_20220108_162521.jpg

Yes I have checked it through wikipedia sources and it's true. It's only Russia which makes this type of Missile based CIWS. Also it's only Russia which makes these type of Missile+Guns combination CIWS so I guess we will have to go with the Russians on this one. No other choice. Indian Navy must consider this system for it's Requirements of missile+gun type CIWS. I guess we will have to Ask the Russians for Technology transfer and produce these systems in India itself like how we did with the AK-630(AK-630 is currently produced in India with an Indigenous content of 95+ Percent)

Super Flanker

IMG_20220108_162521.jpg

here is the summary of the requirements/Parameters that the System needs to Fullfill the Requirements:

1)The Missile needs to be a combination of Gun+Missiles system with its own Integral fire System.

2) Range of Missile and Gun should not be less than 6km and 4km respectively.

3)Gun should be of 20-30 mm calibre with a fire rate of not less than 4000 rounds per minute.

4)The Missile and Gun cum munition should be Capable against Fighters, Missiles and Surface crafts.

5)It should have Radar Cum optical guidance Facility.

Super Flanker

Btw When was this tender issued in though? Could you tell us? Also it's better if we discuss this Tender here in this thread which I have myself made Specifically for:

no smoking

Country flag
How about minimum effective intercept of Barak 8? 500m?
500m is meaningless for those supersonic missiles which are in their terminal stage. They will cross this distance in less than 1 second. Remember: the defense missile itself also needs time to accelerate, adjusting posture, seeking and locking the targets, and then flying towards the target.

Generally, when supersonic missiles entering the final sea-skipping stage, the air-defense missile system has 20-30 seconds to response which only allow one chance of interception. For those missiles escape the interception, it will be other systems' job.

Super Flanker

Good news. This is definitely hinting towards INS Vishal, the 3rd Aircraft Carrier for Indian Navy. Good news with regards to our shipyards. I am 100% sure that INS Vishal will be Above 55000 tons+. I don't think so that it will be nuclear though. Our ship industry is Developing at a good rate. This news with regards to Cochin Shipyard has made my day even more happy!

WolfPack86

Country flag
Indian Navy to conduct flight tests of Rafale-M fighter jet
The Indian Navy is reportedly set to conduct flight tests of the Rafale-Maritime (Rafale-M) fighter aircraft from this week.

The trials will be held at Naval Air Station INS Hansa, reported the Hindustan Times. They will evaluate if the jet is suitable for use on indigenous vessel INS Vikrant.

Codenamed as Indigenous Aircraft Carrier 1 (IAC 1), INS Vikrant is an aircraft carrier constructed by the Cochin Shipyard for the Indian Navy.

It is currently taking part in sea trials near the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean.

Hindustan Times reported that the Rafale-M fighter will be put through rigorous trials for around 12 days at the 283m mock-up ski jump facility at INS Hansa.

According to the news agency, the flight trials of Rafale-M fighter will be conducted at the Shore Based Test Facility at INS Hansa in Goa from 6 January.

The Rafale-M launched from the French Navy’s Charles De Gaulle aircraft carrier. It is also the only non-US fighter cleared to operate from US carriers.

Super Flanker

Indian Navy to conduct flight tests of Rafale-M fighter jet
The Indian Navy is reportedly set to conduct flight tests of the Rafale-Maritime (Rafale-M) fighter aircraft from this week.

The trials will be held at Naval Air Station INS Hansa, reported the Hindustan Times. They will evaluate if the jet is suitable for use on indigenous vessel INS Vikrant.

Codenamed as Indigenous Aircraft Carrier 1 (IAC 1), INS Vikrant is an aircraft carrier constructed by the Cochin Shipyard for the Indian Navy.

It is currently taking part in sea trials near the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean.

Hindustan Times reported that the Rafale-M fighter will be put through rigorous trials for around 12 days at the 283m mock-up ski jump facility at INS Hansa.

According to the news agency, the flight trials of Rafale-M fighter will be conducted at the Shore Based Test Facility at INS Hansa in Goa from 6 January.

The Rafale-M launched from the French Navy’s Charles De Gaulle aircraft carrier. It is also the only non-US fighter cleared to operate from US carriers.
That confirms one thing and that is that Rafale-M will be able to fit in the Lift of INS Vikrant or else why Else would Indian Navy be testing it? Let me explain my Argument here: Indian Navy is testing Rafale-M so that it can be used in IAC-1- INS Vikrant, so if Rafale-M cannot be fitted in the Lift of INS Vikrant than why would Indian Navy bother testing it and spending so much money and time in Testing the Aircraft? Well it's obvious that Rafale-M will be able to fit in INS Vikrant.
story_image_1641025642.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
IAC-1+INS+Vikrant's+Radars+&+Weapons.jpg

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
That confirms one thing and that is that Rafale-M will be able to fit in the Lift of INS Vikrant or else why Else would Indian Navy be testing it? Let me explain my Argument here: Indian Navy is testing Rafale-M so that it can be used in IAC-1- INS Vikrant, so if Rafale-M cannot be fitted in the Lift of INS Vikrant than why would Indian Navy bother testing it and spending so much money and time in Testing the Aircraft? Well it's obvious that Rafale-M will be able to fit in INS Vikrant. View attachment 130565
-----------------------------------------------------------------------View attachment 130566
Both rafales and f18 are undergoing testing .f18 already showed stobar capability in an US facility.now it will show it in March.

Super Flanker

Both rafales and f18 are undergoing testing .f18 already showed stobar capability in an US facility.now it will show it in March.
Both rafale and FA-18 are undergoing Testing? Hold on a second I thought Indian Navy had dropped the plan for FA-18 Horner but I guess I was wrong. But I still don't know about what is the exact lift size of INS Vikrant still. Anyways if Indian Navy goes for FA-18 than I would suggest that we go for the growler Configuration variant of the FA-18 as well (If the US will be willing to give it to us)

Marliii

Country flag
Both rafale and FA-18 are undergoing Testing? Hold on a second I thought Indian Navy had dropped the plan for FA-18 Horner but I guess I was wrong. But I still don't know about what is the exact lift size of INS Vikrant still. Anyways if Indian Navy goes for FA-18 than I would suggest that we go for the growler Configuration variant of the FA-18 as well (If the US will be willing to give it to us)
IMG_20220109_084621.jpg

Super Flanker

This article is very confusing to me, how can FA-18 block 3 be offered to indian Navy if it can't fit into the Lift of INS Vikrant? Now I am literally scratching my head over this now. I guess we should buy Couple of Naval LCA and put it on INs Vikrant as it's Airwing and also MIG-29K for the Indian Navy. Basically a combination of both mig 29 and LCA navy will do the job.

Marliii

Country flag
This article is very confusing to me, how can FA-18 block 3 be offered to indian Navy if it can't fit into the Lift of INS Vikrant? Now I am literally scratching my head over this now. I guess we should buy Couple of Naval LCA and put it on INs Vikrant as it's Airwing and also MIG-29K for the Indian Navy. Basically a combination of both mig 29 and LCA navy will do the job.
The interviewer is asking the boeing india chief that f18 cannot fit inside both carriers and he is saying that it's not true. Why would boeing show all this capability of stobar if there plane wouldn't even fit?

Super Flanker

The interviewer is asking the boeing india chief that f18 cannot fit inside both carriers and he is saying that it's not true. Why would boeing show all this capability of stobar if there plane wouldn't even fit?
So I guess it's obvious that the FA-18 will be able to fit into the Lift of INS Vikrant or else why Else would the Indian Navy bother testing it? Same case here is with Rafale. Anyways I was Confused Because of this interview because the guy who was Interviewing the Boeing India Chief had asked why was FA-18 offered if it couldn't be able to fit in the Lift of INS Vikrant?

The reply by the Boeing India Chief was Confusing to me as he didn't give a straight answer but rather he said that the FA-18 is completely Compliment with both Aircraft Carriers ,he should have said that the FA-18 can actually fit into the Lift of the INS Vikrant. This is what I personally think that the Boeing India Chief should have said to the interviewer.

aditya g

Country flag
Something i observed about rumoured ngmv design by csl .

View attachment 130378similar arrangements for inclined launcher and SAM launcher ,so most probably some interns copied a existing design to showcase as a representative image View attachment 130379Same radar arrangements ,even though we won't use that radar as it's a old techView attachment 130380ak230 , really ? Who uses ak 630 in a all new vessel View attachment 130381
Totally same helipad arrangements , same position of brahmos .

It looks like repackaged rajput class .

So no this isn't the design of cal ngmv and we may see it in def expo 22
The model is of the Rajput class.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles