Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

IndianHawk

Country flag
I know. I don't understand why we are stuck stuck with these RBU-6000 launchers on our ships, we need to add something newer and more modern. I just hope that in the near future we won't have to still be stuck using these RBU launchers on our future ships.
I think they will only be replaced by next gen frigrates and destroyers designs .

Right now they are too useful to cut wires of guided wire torpedoes.

IndianHawk

Country flag
But they won't let go of those launchers. By the way, do you have any render of Kamorta based missile Corvette offered to Phillipines?
I don't store anything. You could find that on internet though or probably on this forum itself.

Vamsi

Country flag
I don't store anything. You could find that on internet though or probably on this forum itself.
I have been searching for it for atleast 4 months. But I didn't find anything except some stupid articles by our useless media

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
When was it offered ?
We had not offered them Kamorta class Corvettes but rather We had offered the Philippine Navy a light Frigate which would be based on the Kamorta class Corvettes.

Under a modernisation program, the Philippines Navy sought to purchase two light frigates, each displacing 2,000 tonnes (2,000 long tons; 2,200 short tons), spanning 109 m (358 ft) in length, capable of cruising at 25 kn (46 km/h; 29 mph) and be able to sail in sea state 7. In the bidding process, GRSE was selected as the lowest bidder among the contenders, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering, Hyundai Heavy Industries and Navantia. The deal was said to cost more than ₹2,157 crore (equivalent to ₹25 billion or US$326 million in 2020). However, based on a post qualification assessment, GRSE was disqualified on the grounds of not meeting the financial capability requirements.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I think they will only be replaced by next gen frigrates and destroyers designs .

Right now they are too useful to cut wires of guided wire torpedoes.
Yes.

Dharani

Country flag
U have to give it to COVID delays too
That we definitely have to but the keels for 4th P15B was laid in 2018 and for 2nd P17A in 2019, surely 3-4 years is a lot even after accounting for Covid delays.
Most Indian frigates are already outdated by the time they are commissioned because of the time it takes between freezing the design & commissioning. Not blaming shipyards for all of it but taking 6-8 years to commission a destroyer is just atrocious & not to mention, expensive considering production costs & obsolescence.
For a Navy hard-pressed for funds, this is an absolute waste of precious resources.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
When these shitty rbu 6000 and 76mm will be removed
Should be replaced by vlsrsam lrlacm 122 mm gun or additional Barak or brahmos
Can ak 630 be replaced by kashtan ?
RBI have a role in naval doctrine , let that role be taken by something else ,they will be abandoned , and vlsrsam will come on many vessels , lrlacm is yet to start trials

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
That we definitely have to but the keels for 4th P15B was laid in 2018 and for 2nd P17A in 2019, surely 3-4 years is a lot even after accounting for Covid delays.
Most Indian frigates are already outdated by the time they are commissioned because of the time it takes between freezing the design & commissioning. Not blaming shipyards for all of it but taking 6-8 years to commission a destroyer is just atrocious & not to mention, expensive considering production costs & obsolescence.
For a Navy hard-pressed for funds, this is an absolute waste of precious resources.
Which frigate is outdated ? , Except rbu and few electronics ,no equipment is outdated

Super Flanker

Country flag
Wait for any replacement till ngf and ngd proposal come
What about Naval Pantsir? In this case Pantsir-M which is a Russian jamming-resistant naval close-in weapon system (CIWS)?
79s28fmu-900.jpg
Pantsir-M_KBP_IMDS_2015_2.jpg

What do you say? Kashtan, pantsir, anything will do but we need to replace those AK-630s on our ships anyhow.

Reactions: SKC

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
A very big problem lies with Indian Navy
They take so much time for giving orders that the infra built for predecessors goes useless
As a result construction takes time, cost increases, some techs go outdated
These things needs to be taken care but as a typical Indian armed forces branch "never learn for past"
We did this mistake in sishumar class and kalvari class again being repeated incase of p-18, ssk(p-75i), iac-2, other projects
These problems were solved by PLAN so result is before everyone
Timely orders play a crucial role

Super Flanker

Country flag
When these shitty rbu 6000 and 76mm will be removed
Should be replaced by vlsrsam lrlacm 122 mm gun or additional Barak or brahmos
Can ak 630 be replaced by kashtan ?
Kashtan? What about Pantsir-M which is a Russian jamming-resistant naval close-in weapon system (CIWS) Why don't we consider naval Pantsir/Pantsir-M as well as an option for close in close in Weopon systems on our ships? Also we can use Naval Pantsir to replace our Current AK-630s.
Review_about_Pantsir-M_Russian-made_medium-range_naval_air_defense_system_Analysis_1-2_925_001.jpg
79s28fmu-900.jpg
Pantsir-M_KBP_IMDS_2015_2.jpg

Dharani

Country flag
Which frigate is outdated ? , Except rbu and few electronics ,no equipment is outdated
Hi, apologies, did not mean to say our frigates are outdated. What I mean to say is that technologies improve every year incrementally, with a shorter design to commission time, the tech in the ships will be more recent. For ex, the last P17A will be commissioned in 2027, almost 14 years after the design was frozen.
Sure, MLUs will help but an early MLU means that any system with a life of 15 years will only be used for 10, thus increasing the cost.
I don't pretend to know better than this but to me it does seem like an inefficiency which needs be addressed.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Kashtan? What about Pantsir-M which is a Russian jamming-resistant naval close-in weapon system (CIWS) Why don't we consider naval Pantsir/Pantsir-M as well as an option for close in close in Weopon systems on our ships? Also we can use Naval Pantsir to replace our Current AK-630s.
View attachment 130355View attachment 130356View attachment 130357
Surely pantsir m is a good one but I have no knowledge were it's being deployed
Basically it was designed to replace kastan but after it failed Indian army trials and I may be wrong about Pantsir m being deployed
But anyways a modernized kashtan(majorly changes in radar and missile) a good option with Indian collaboration
Anyway complete Indian design would be best but still it's on establishment to invest in this tech which is not so important

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Missile are inclined launched , ashm , brahmos is too heavy and won't fit in the space shown , design will be modified , this one is European ?
Take a look at this design.

Project 20385 - Gremyashchiy class (2500 tons)

Sensors and
processing systems
  • Air search radar: Multi-purpose AESA naval radar mast/system "Zaslon"
  • Fire control: MTK-201M3 electronic-optical television system for Gun system
  • Sonar: Zarya-M bow mounted. Vinyetka low frequency active/passive towed array
  • Navigation: PAL-N Navigation Radar
Electronic warfare
& decoys
  • EW Suite: TK-25-5
  • Countermeasures: 4 × PK-10
Armament

https://trishul-trident.blogspot.com/2019/07/case-for-combining-indian-navys-ngmv.html

CSL also has an MoU with USC Russia.

https://pib.gov.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=176094

I believe the NGMV will borrow from the expertise of both shipyards.

Articles