Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

IndianHawk

Country flag
This design was showcased at DIMDEX 2018, the Doha International Maritime Defence Exhibition & Conference currently held in Qatar, it was presented by Italian shipbuilding group Fincantieri to the Qatari Navy.
Indian design would be based on experience gained from komorta class . Fincantieri will only provide consultation in certain areas like stealth / flush deck better internal organization.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Indian design would be based on experience gained from komorta class . Fincantieri will only provide consultation in certain areas like stealth / flush deck better internal organization.
Isn't kamorta gese design

Vamsi

Country flag
3500 tons is again pushing is size of frigates yet this is a corvette.

With 8 Anti ship bramhos it's destructive power is same as most frigrates in the world.
This is my wet dream. I hope that Navy will push for a medium range stealth bomber powered by 4 * Dry Kaveri engines. This bomber can have a MTOW of 65 tons with payload of 15 tons , so that it can carry 8* Brahmos-NG mizziles & bomber should have a combat radius of 3000KM & With those bombers entire IOR will be within our control. But this is just a Wet dream which can never be a reality :crying:

IndianHawk

Country flag
This is my wet dream. I hope that Navy will push for a medium range stealth bomber powered by 4 * Dry Kaveri engines. This bomber can have a MTOW of 65 tons with payload of 15 tons , so that it can carry 8* Brahmos-NG mizziles & bomber should have a combat radius of 3000KM & With those bombers entire IOR will be within our control. But this is just a Wet dream which can never be a reality :crying:
IOR is already in our control.
Bramhos NG itself will solve half the problem as su30mki will be able to carry 5 of them at once !!! All other jets could carry two! So need for bomber is minimised.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Our ashm literally are meant to destroy the target completely and render it unless.
Can a volley of brahmos sink a aircraft carrier ?
Yes . A volley of bramhos is too hard to defence against. Bramhos gives only 20 seconds to react so it's basically upto aircraft carriers close in air defence against bramhos. Once you saturate that you hit the deck of carrier.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Check operating costs

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Also European ashm are puny , ours are too heavy
That's why we need Brahmos NG, it will be lighter as compared to the previous brahmos and we will able to carry more of them on our ships. Compact and deadly (Correct me if i am wrong anywhere here)
This what we should try and make our ship designs to be. Better to take consultancy in areas Required than Importing an entire design for a warship. Why Import when you can design Indigenously here itself? Anyways I hoping that future warship designs of the Indian Navy will have more flush decks, something like these:
Taiwan’s-CSBS-Unveils-New-Frigate-Design-for-ROC-Navy.jpg
14151.jpg

More cleaner the Deck=less RCS=More stealth.

IndianHawk

Country flag
That's why we need Brahmos NG, it will be lighter as compared to the previous brahmos and we will able to carry more of them on our ships. Compact and deadly (Correct me if i am wrong anywhere here)

This what we should try and make our ship designs to be. Better to take consultancy in areas Required than Importing an entire design for a warship. Why Import when you can design Indigenously here itself? Anyways I hoping that future warship designs of the Indian Navy will have more flush decks, something like these:
View attachment 130346View attachment 130347
More cleaner the Deck=less RCS=More stealth.
For those kind of flush decks navy will have to move on from RBU launchers.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Yes it should be, it will be 4 years since its keel was laid in July '22. Everytime you think its can't take any longer than this, our shipyards prove us wrong :)
Imphal will be inducted next year , it's almost ready.

In earlier posted sat images ,it had its mfstar in place and other sensor are ready to be mounted , vls are there ,some cells missing at forward deck .

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
For those kind of flush decks navy will have to move on from RBU launchers.
I know. I don't understand why we are stuck with these RBU-6000 launchers on our ships, we need to add something newer and more modern. I just hope that in the near future we won't have to still be stuck using these RBU launchers on our future ships.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Yes it should be, it will be 4 years since its keel was laid in July '22. Everytime you think its can't take any longer than this, our shipyards prove us wrong :)
No point blaming shipyards blame budget now ! What will shipyards do after last p15b ?? Where is the order for follow on destroyers. Same with kalvari class empty shipyard after last submarine.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
But they won't let go of those launchers. By the way, do you have any render of Kamorta based missile Corvette offered to Phillipines?
When was it offered ?

Articles