Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
No..its dumb logic..russi 2 trillion ka economy he amriki 20 ka fir bhi Crimea pe kabza kiya russi...if china goes for taiwan then GoI must go for PoK... chinki should be cut off from Indian ocean and remove our vulnerability of central asia/afpak access.. because we don't know what will be geopolitics after 2/3 decades...hope geniuses in delhi have thought about all these kind of scenarios
Dude you seriously comparing us to Russia. They were erstwhile the great FK*ing SOVIET UNION. They had that legacy behind them. They are one of the best in defense tech too. See their army structure and then compare it to ours, which is a joke in front of them, they have motorized all it's infantry and we still haven't at large for example.
I mean do you even know their war plan for Europe in case how they planned to act incase cold war goes hot. It was a very thoughtout plan. We are really a joke compared to them.

We on the other hand were a British colony, we had scraps and while china galloped in front of us we still got scraps.

Getting cocky without any backing is tomfoolery.
For us the mantra should be Either you become big like china or go home.

I don't want reassurances, just show me a detailed plan in case china attacks and how would you not lose territory. Lose a inch of ground and we have already failed our defensive objective, good luck handling the national shame that will follow.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
No..its dumb logic..russi 2 trillion ka economy he amriki 20 ka fir bhi Crimea pe kabza kiya russi...if china goes for taiwan then GoI must go for PoK... chinki should be cut off from Indian ocean and remove our vulnerability of central asia/afpak access.. because we don't know what will be geopolitics after 2/3 decades...hope geniuses in delhi have thought about all these kind of scenarios

USA doesnt border Ukraine.

Let Russia invade Canada, then we'll talk.

HawkisRight

Country flag
Dude you seriously comparing us to Russia. They were erstwhile the great FK*ing SOVIET UNION. They had that legacy behind them. They are one of the best in defense tech too. See their army structure and then compare it to ours, which is a joke in front of them, they have motorized all it's infantry and we still haven't at large for example.
I mean do you even know their war plan for Europe in case how they planned to act incase cold war goes hot. It was a very thoughtout plan. We are really a joke compared to them.

We on the other hand were a British colony, we had scraps and while china galloped in front of us we still got scraps.

Getting cocky without any backing is tomfoolery.
For us the mantra should be Either you become big like china or go home.

I don't want reassurances, just show me a detailed plan in case china attacks and how would you not lose territory. Lose a inch of ground and we have already failed our defensive objective, good luck handling the national shame that will follow.
Nobody is sure what will happen when we become "big"...Regarding our military structure What MIC did we have in 1971...opportunate time never comes..bhencho u never know Hum khud ka cold war lad rahe honge in next 3 decades..when china is over capturing taiwan then two front is for us is actual threat kyonki taiwan leverage is gone..

WolfPack86

Country flag
With countdown already begun to commission indigenous aircraft carrier 1 as INS Vikrant in August 2022, the Indian Navy will conduct flight trials of Rafale-Maritime fighter at Shore Based Test Facility at INS Hansa in Goa on January 6 onwards as part of its exercise to identify the best warplane to suit the 40,000 tonne carrier. The IAC 1 is based at Cochin shipyard and is currently undergoing intensive sea trials in Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean.

According to officials in knowledge of the matter, the Rafale-M fighter will be pushed through intensive trial at the 283 metre mock-up ski jump facility at INS Hansa for nearly 12 days to assess whether the fighter aircraft is best suited for IAC-1. The Rafale M fighter is the principal weapon system for French Charles De Gaulle aircraft carrier and has also shown its inter-operability with US aircraft carriers way back in 2008.

The Indian Navy is also planning to test US F-18 Hornet fighter at the same facility apparently in March as the alternative option to Rafale-M fighter. The Boeing F-18 is a proven carrier based multi-role fighter for the US Navy and has performed strike operations from way back to 1991 Gulf War.

KurtisBrian

Country flag
The Indian Navy is also planning to test US F-18 Hornet fighter at the same facility apparently in March as the alternative option to Rafale-M fighter. The Boeing F-18 is a proven carrier based multi-role fighter for the US Navy and has performed strike operations from way back to 1991 Gulf War.
Is the IN looking at the F-18E/F, Super Hornet, (first flight 1995) or used older much smaller F-18 A thru D, Hornets? It is the F-18A which has been around on carriers since 1984 and was in the 1991 Gulf War.
Completely different planes....just look similar.

for comparison
Rafale A first flight 1986.
Rafale C first flight 1991
F-18 A Hornet first flight 1978
F-18 E Super Hornet first flight 1995

F-18 E Super Hornet wasn't in the Gulf war. It did shoot down a Su-22 in Syria and dropped bombs in lost of places. You can wiki it.

THESIS THORON

Country flag

KurtisBrian

Country flag
I mean no disrespect but these guys shipyards are even slower than ours.
Your post highlights a significant global problem.
Skilled PEOPLE vs the need for capital investments and infrastructure.

Look who makes all the ships, is doing all the business and making the money. How can anybody else compete? Not only compete in production speed but also compete for capital investments.

CountryGross Tonnage ProducedNumber of Ships ProducedPercentage of World Total
1South Korea137,596,000 GT2,30337.45%
2China123,961,000 GT3,99933.7%
3Japan63,641,000 GT1,60717.3%
4Philippines5,919 GT1171.6%
5Vietnam4,296 GT9521.2%

Would be cool to compare capital investments in ship manufacturing yards and (Foundries I guess) steel production by country.
How much automation or advanced high tech machines involved in ship building in Japan, SK and China?

sorcerer

Country flag
Six Indo-Pacific nations begin Exercise Sea Dragon

“As [officer-in-charge] OIC, I am eager for the opportunity to further develop our partnerships with Australia, Canada, India, Japan, and Korea while at Sea Dragon 2022. The continued growth and increasing complexity of this exercise affords an opportunity to practice ASW tactics, techniques, and procedures with allies and partners that we don’t often get a chance to work with,” said Lt. Cmdr. Braz Kennedy, OIC for the U.S. detachment from VP-47.

indiatester

Country flag
Those p8i don't just snoop on ships and subs but they can hunt too. They have air dropped torpedoes and can carry multiple harpoons to destroy multiple enemy ships from quite a distance.

And they can also be used on land for snooping ( used in doklam).

Very potent assest for navy .
I've seen an interview where the late Gen Bipin Rawat was saying on how surprised he was with the ability of the Naval platforms during the trouble with Chinese in Doklam.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
next indian SSN ???
Nah I don't think so. These nuclear powered submarines are Strategic assets. We will be building them Indigenously in our own country. At most we might take assistance from the French and Russians in some areas where technical help and expertise might be required. The Russians did provide us technical assistance in Building Arihant Class Submarines also(They helped in miniaturising the reactor so that it could fit in the Hull of INS Arihant)
f1big.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------
So the chances of an Imported SSN like barracuda class is pretty low to say the least.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Any news on P17A 2nd & 3rd, P15B 4th boat launch at MDL?
GRSE has indicated a July '22 launch for its 2nd P17A boat.
2022-01-07 (2).jpg

four ships visible , Visakhapatnam is not present here , as it is commissioned , murmugao is there alongwith lead vessel nilgiri , two other ships are under fabrication , and ready to be launched now , or if the one vizag classs visible is not murmugao then the other two are one nilgiri and one vizag

Articles