Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

IndianHawk

Country flag
Some facts:-
Arihant & Arighat are not a proper SSBN, in the later stage when S5 class SSBNs start entering service the Arihant and the Arighat will be converted into SSGN.
ReadπŸ‘‡πŸΎ http://trishul-trident.blogspot.com/2022/01/striving-for-credible-minimum-strategic.html?m=1
Lots of good discussion there .

Most importantly he says S2 was built over 11 years S3 in 8 while bigger S4 in just 6 years!!

That's very good time to build a 7000 ton SSBN. It shows how fast we can build 6000 ton SSN once Design is ready.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Some facts:-
Arihant & Arighat are not a proper SSBN, in the later stage when S5 class SSBNs start entering service the Arihant and the Arighat will be converted into SSGN.
ReadπŸ‘‡πŸΎ http://trishul-trident.blogspot.com/2022/01/striving-for-credible-minimum-strategic.html?m=1
More data ...

Future S5 class will require 190 MW reactor .
While SSN will only require 90 MW only . So there development will be faster than heavy S5 class SSBN.

But he seems confused as he doesn't mention S4* . Are we directly going to S5 class after S4 ??

He says finally there will be 4 SSBN - 3 S5 class + one S4.
S2 and S3 will become ssgn once S5 are delivered.
6 SSN .

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
More data ...

Future S5 class will require 190 MW reactor .
While SSN will only require 90 MW only . So there development will be faster than heavy S5 class SSBN.

But he seems confused as he doesn't mention S4* . Are we directly going to S5 class after S4 ??

He says finally there will be 4 SSBN - 3 S5 class + one S4.
S2 and S3 will become ssgn once S5 are delivered.
6 SSN .
suffren require 150 mw reasctor at 5300 ton submerged , why wont we require 190 mw for 6k ton ssn

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
suffren require 150 mw reasctor at 5300 ton submerged , why wont we require 190 mw for 6k ton ssn
Actually SSNs need much more powerful reactors than SSBN. SSNs are hunter killer, they are known for their speed and it is also one of their defence against hostile subs/ships/torpedoes. Unlike a SSBN, which can manage itself even with a underpowered reactor. Giving a SSN a underpowered reactor is like breaking the legs of your racing horse and expect him to win the race. Can you tell me where did he mentioned that the SSNs will get the 90MW reactor?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Actually SSNs need much more powerful reactors than SSBN. SSNs are hunter killer, they are known for their speed and it is also one of their defence against hostile subs/ships/torpedoes. Unlike a SSBN, which can manage itself even with a underpowered reactor. Giving a SSN a underpowered reactor is like breaking the legs of your racing horse and expect him to win the race. Can you tell me where did he mentioned that the SSNs will get the 90MW reactor?
I MENTIONED THE ABOVE POSTER @IndianHawk FOR THE SAME REASON , i know that it require more power

IndianHawk

Country flag
Trishul blog by Prasoon k sengupta.

Vamsi

Country flag
Its not related to Navy, but I need some info.

One of my close friends is applying for the upcoming CDSE (1) 2022 exam. His aim is to become a Navy Fighter Pilot. So, naturally his priority is INA in application form. But none of the Navy Selection Boards have this PABT test.PABT is only available in Air Force boards. PABT is very important and compulsory test, without it no one can become a pilot.

Hence I needed info about procedure to become a Fighter Pilot in the Navy through CDSE. There no info regarding the same in Navy's website,hence I'm asking. So I request any of the members to give some info about the same.

indiatester

Country flag
Its not related to Navy, but I need some info.

One of my close friends is applying for the upcoming CDSE (1) 2022 exam. His aim is to become a Navy Fighter Pilot. So, naturally his priority is INA in application form. But none of the Navy Selection Boards have this PABT test.PABT is only available in Air Force boards. PABT is very important and compulsory test, without it no one can become a pilot.

Hence I needed info about procedure to become a Fighter Pilot in the Navy through CDSE. There no info regarding the same in Navy's website,hence I'm asking. So I request any of the members to give some info about the same.
From Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Services_Selection_Board
Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT – Once in a lifetime Test)[edit]
{Now this test is exchanged with CPSS} Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) is administered to candidates hoping to join the Flying Branches only of the Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, Indian Army or Indian Coast Guard. The PABT is conducted during the SSB interview. Candidates may sit the PABT only once. The PABT includes the Instrument Battery Test, a Sensory Motor Apparatus Test (SMAT), and a Control Velocity Test (CVT).

More recently, the "Computerized Pilot Selection System" (CPSS) has been used. It was created by the former president of India Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam with the Defence Institute of Psychological Research and the Air Defence Establishment, groups within the Defence Research and Development Organisation. It was developed to determine aptitude for use of intellect with respect to advanced aircraft.

CPSS machine simulates an aircraft cockpit. Video games played by the candidate on a screen in front of him are scored best of three games. It tests hand, leg, vision, and hearing REGISTRATION.

Vamsi

Country flag
From Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Services_Selection_Board
Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT – Once in a lifetime Test)[edit]
{Now this test is exchanged with CPSS} Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) is administered to candidates hoping to join the Flying Branches only of the Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, Indian Army or Indian Coast Guard. The PABT is conducted during the SSB interview. Candidates may sit the PABT only once. The PABT includes the Instrument Battery Test, a Sensory Motor Apparatus Test (SMAT), and a Control Velocity Test (CVT).

More recently, the "Computerized Pilot Selection System" (CPSS) has been used. It was created by the former president of India Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam with the Defence Institute of Psychological Research and the Air Defence Establishment, groups within the Defence Research and Development Organisation. It was developed to determine aptitude for use of intellect with respect to advanced aircraft.

CPSS machine simulates an aircraft cockpit. Video games played by the candidate on a screen in front of him are scored best of three games. It tests hand, leg, vision, and hearing REGISTRATION.
I know about the PABT. My question is about the procedure for a CDSE Candidate who opted for executive branch in INA.

flanker99

Country flag

This country has 0 sense of urgency at all. 4 years after the nod there is still 0 progress. God knows if the program is still on. Same for the missile vessels

1 year after the contract has been signed, there is 0 news/updates. Does anyone have an idea what is happening here? I couldnt find any CSL staff talking about this either
The 6 ngopv rqmnt has increased to 11ngopv.dac cleared that in 2020 iirc

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
According to me now is the right time for a small scale conflict with some bloodshed
We have a good chance to win but we start pushing to future there won't be any chances left at that time Chinese will be highly militarized constantly deployed in Indian Ocean
Nope. Time favours us, Let china go for Taiwan and exhaust itself. We are closing the gap in economy size, and we have better demographics. Give it 20 years, India will be in a position where we can afford to have an offensive into china, rather than simply defending.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Nope. Time favours us, Let china go for Taiwan and exhaust itself. We are closing the gap in economy size, and we have better demographics. Give it 20 years, India will be in a position where we can afford to have an offensive into china, rather than simply defending.
20 years is a long period many things can happen meanwhile
We need to get out of thinking that let's develop economy and then doing all stuffs
We have to do everything and increase our capacity in this period of 20 years
3trillion is the right time to increase our manufacturing to next level without thinking everything else will fall in the place
Not against just adding to your statement

HawkisRight

Country flag
No..its dumb logic..russi 2 trillion ka economy he amriki 20 ka fir bhi Crimea pe kabza kiya russi...if china goes for taiwan then GoI must go for PoK... chinki should be cut off from Indian ocean and remove our vulnerability of central asia/afpak access.. because we don't know what will be geopolitics after 2/3 decades...hope geniuses in delhi have thought about all these kind of scenarios

Articles