Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
These are Pictures of Project 22160 patrol ship class which I am sharing in this post of mine.
20211224_145423.jpg

20211224_145425.jpg
20211224_145429.jpg

Look at the Design of these ships! Just you all have a look at them! We should design ships like these.

Atleast we should build Corvettes for Offshore Defence of these kind of Designs which have such clean Decks ,these are what you call Stealth ships in my Opinion.

Atleast we could build Corvettes and Frigates of Such Clean Deck Based designs? Cleaner the Deck of the Ship, better the stealth and hence lower the RCS. I Feel like we should implement these type of Clean Deck Based designs in more of our ships.

(Please note-This is just my personal opinion which I am expressing, you are free to share your thoughts on this)

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Superstructure of the Delhi is a lot more cluttered than on the Kolkata's necessitating that acrobatics of space. In the Kolkata's, they can gain enough space by ditching those RBU's and using up all the available space in the rear abaft the Hangar and in the foc'sle for atleast 4-6 more 8-cell VLS. It will be cherry on the icing of the cake if the VLS developed for the VL-SRSAM's can quadpack it.
Yes you are right, the Superstructure section of the Delhi Class Destroyers is more cluttered than that of the Kolkata Class of Destroyers.
uom4sw02t9221.jpg

(A picture of a Kolkata class Destroyer)
sh_des_delhi_p04.jpg

(A picture of a Delhi Class Destroyer)

In my opinion, we should remove these RBU launchers and instead Integrate additional VLS tubes because it will be better.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Yes you are right, the Superstructure section of the Delhi Class Destroyers is more cluttered than that of the Kolkata Class of Destroyers. View attachment 127527
(A picture of a Kolkata class Destroyer)
View attachment 127528
(A picture of a Delhi Class Destroyer)

In my opinion, we should remove these RBU launchers and instead Integrate additional VLS tubes because it will be better.
Ya'll Nibbiars The Civil opinions dosen't matters.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
VLSRSAM is only for corvettes and OPVs. Frigates and destroyers will have LRSAM along with Gun CIWS. IAC will need 3 layer AD, hence will have both LRSAM and VLSRSAM.

VLSRSAM will also replace Barak-1 in older capital ships during MLU.

swapcv

Country flag
VLSRSAM is only for corvettes and OPVs. Frigates and destroyers will have LRSAM along with Gun CIWS. IAC will need 3 layer AD, hence will have both LRSAM and VLSRSAM.

Isn't LRSAM already the new designation for Barak-8ER. IIRC, P-15B's lead boat already has it and the rest of the class incl. the preceding P-15A's will convert to it soon. However we do still need a ESSM class missile for Point Defence, and the alternatives are either the VL-SRSAM or a Naval based QRSAM

Gessler

Country flag

Any ship expected to perform area/fleet defence requires minimum 2 layers of missile air defence (not counting CIWS). One for A2/AD and one for self-defence.

LRSAM is too expensive & important an asset to spend for both self & fleet defence. Especially considering our DDGs will only have 32 of them.

Isn't LRSAM already the new designation for Barak-8ER. IIRC, P-15B's lead boat already has it and the rest of the class incl. the preceding P-15A's will convert to it soon. However we do still need a ESSM class missile for Point Defence, and the alternatives are either the VL-SRSAM or a Naval based QRSAM
LRSAM is the regular Barak-8. AFAIK, there are no Indian orders for B-8ER (yet).

LRSAM is the Navy designation, whereas MRSAM is the Army designation (for land-based variant). Both are the same missile.

I don't know where this rumour started that LRSAM = B8ER. The installation was always called LRSAM even on Kolkata-class.

arkos

Country flag
Isn't LRSAM already the new designation for Barak-8ER.
No, its the regular Barak-8. Navy just calls it Barak-8ER. Recently, in an interview, Navy's chief called MQ-9 a HALE UAV. Looks like they have their own designations.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Do we have any plans to counter this yellow pigs..!!!!
According to me now is the right time for a small scale conflict with some bloodshed
We have a good chance to win but we start pushing to future there won't be any chances left at that time Chinese will be highly militarized constantly deployed in Indian Ocean

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
AFAIK, Barak-8ER is not with India. It exists only in gossips or rumors, like S-200, Tu-22M, and KS-172.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Any ship expected to perform area/fleet defence requires minimum 2 layers of missile air defence (not counting CIWS). One for A2/AD and one for self-defence.

LRSAM is too expensive & important an asset to spend for both self & fleet defence. Especially considering our DDGs will only have 32 of them.
Yeah, I kinda agree with you about 2 layer missile defence, but it's what the Navy thinks that matters at the end of the day, isn't it?

Probably the Navy thinks that adding the CAR and FCR specific to VL-SRSAM and other electronics to an existing platform, or mating them to the existing CAR/FCR in existing DDGs/FFGs, would not be worth the effort.

Articles