Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Yeah, I kinda agree with you about 2 layer missile defence, but it's what the Navy thinks that matters at the end of the day, isn't it?

Probably the Navy thinks that adding the CAR and FCR specific to VL-SRSAM and other electronics to an existing platform, or mating them to the existing CAR/FCR in existing DDGs/FFGs, would not be worth the effort.
Just a small hint for you , check the background of vlsrsam images from earlier and also akash ng , mf star is visible .

Rest is self understood

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Just a small hint for you , check the background of vlsrsam images from earlier and also akash ng , mf star is visible .

Rest is self understood
Nah, they just use mf star to calculate performance parameters of weapons. Pinaka tests too had mfstar seen in pics, doesn't means mfstar is guiding them.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

Rest is self understood
I might have missed them, please share photos if you have them.

Anyway, it would need to be integrated with MF-STAR for IAC. Wasn't aware if it was already done.

flanker99

Country flag
I was thinking that if IN doesn't order more ships both small and big then by 22-23 a lot of our shipyards will be sitting idle.Lets make a list of ships only that have been cleared but have not been ordered.
1.6×NGMV
2.11×NGOPV
3.5×FSS
Please add more i can only remember this 3.
NOTE- only add ships that have been cleared by DAC and no submarine pls

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I was thinking that if IN doesn't order more ships both small and big then by 22-23 a lot of our shipyards will be sitting idle.Lets make a list of ships only that have been cleared but have not been ordered.
1.6×NGMV
2.11×NGOPV
3.5×FSS
Please add more i can only remember this 3.
NOTE- only add ships that have been cleared by DAC and no submarine pls
They should star working on p18 as by 23-24 p15b will be delivered
By the way is last kalvari will be fitted with drdo aip ?

thebakofbakchod

This country has 0 sense of urgency at all. 4 years after the nod there is still 0 progress. God knows if the program is still on. Same for the missile vessels

1 year after the contract has been signed, there is 0 news/updates. Does anyone have an idea what is happening here? I couldnt find any CSL staff talking about this either

Dessert Storm

Country flag
That is a very tight rope walk. With the reduced numbers, it makes even lesser sense for the IN to operate a fighter, not common with IAF. The only sense I get out of it, as of now is, either Rafale or a highly improbable (nothing is impossible) scenario of India going for some American fighters in MRFA + IN (Lockheed + Lockheed).
Note 1: Lockheed + Lockheed can be F21+F35C or Reduced number for MRFA with F35A + F35C. F15 + F18 looks undesirable to me from Indian POV, though theoretically that's a nice mix but previous gen.
Note 2: Just trying to reach a conclusion after reading the post. The POV put forth is despite S400.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
The #IndianNavy's Boeing P-81 aircraft commenced operations from #INSHansa, Goa with 2 aircraft arriving on 30 December 2021.
The aircraft were inducted after fitment of indigenous equipment and Flight Acceptance Trials.

Good news, now I guess Finally we will be phasing out our current Ilyushin Il 38 ASW Aircraft which are currently stationed in INS Hansa Naval base. Good to see such Developments!

Articles